“Friendly hotel”

Ranked #156 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Friendly hotel”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel was in an area which did not seem comfortable to me. However, it is in Delhi and it is different from elsewhere. The room was comfortable and the staff were super helpful. On checkout a friend and I had a day to kill in Delhi before our flights. The staff kept our luggage and when we got back we asked if it was possible to have a shower before leaving. They were happy to oblige. That speaks volumes to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sharon C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 23, 2013

After a very bad experience at the Delhi International Airport with a taxi driver scam where we lost a lot of money we were worried about our stay in India BUT the friendly staff at the Hotel Aster Inn treated us with exceptional kindness!

They greeted us on our first names as we arrived at the hotel and that meant the world to us and made us feel safe! The personal attention was great! They took the trouble to send a helper with us to a local market on our first night for some "western" food. He walked with us and that gave us the confidence to explore on our own later. They took the trouble to make sure our travel arrangements were in place with the travel agent and the next day they again directed us to the close-by Jhandewalan Metro Rail Station and that is all you need to get around. We visited the Pacific Shopping Mall and found it without any problems. They kindly advised us to try and be back at about 8pm which we greatly appreciated.

The room is basic but very clean, and surprisingly quiet later in the evening.

Thank you to Hotel Aster and the friendly staff!
We will definitely stay here again and hopefully for longer, next time we visit New Delhi!

Theuns, Karin and Joy Blom

Room Tip: Some tips... Get a map of the Metro Rail Stations and see where the attractions are you want to ex...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheunsBlom
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Aster Inn New Delhi for your stay, I am delighted that you enjoyed our features and services.

I am pleased to read that our features and services met with your expectations. It is our constant endeavor to create magical experiences for each of our guests.

Thank you also for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending us as your favorite place in Delhi. Your endorsement on our personalized staff services is highly appreciated and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soonest.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed March 20, 2013

we had four nights in this place - half a business half a tourism trip. the location in karol bagh is good - the staff reserved every evening a parking space and the driver could have his shower every morning. there is a cable tv with european programms, ac and a fridge. the rooms are a
bit dark and dull, but the prompt and excellent service (rahesh and rishi) makes this hotel very confortable. good white washing laundry service.
excellent value for money!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

london
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very clean hotel, with staff who were very helpful and couldn't do enough for you.
Free wi-fi in your room which is good, the hotel also stored our bags for five days while we were on tour which is another plus.

We ate in the hotel and used room service and found everything to our satisfaction.

When we stayed the first time we had a room at the front of the hotel which was a bit noisy but when we returned we got a room at the back which was much quieter.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

New Delhi
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Booked this hotel for the first couple of nights of my first trip to India and Delhi as a solo female traveler. The hotel organised airport pick-up which was great -- didn't have to worry about getting a taxi. The staff are all very kind, respectful and helpful. Karol Bagh is a bustling place and a little overwhelming for the first-timer, but they made it easier for me by assisting me with whatever I needed, like finding a local sim card and mobile at a nearby retailer for a reasonable price, and walking me to the metro station when I wanted to catch the metro into the city. It's also really convenient being able to eat in the hotel restaurant (or order food to your room). I would definitely recommend Hotel Aster Inn :)

Room Tip: I think there would always be a bit of street noise in a busy area like this -- might be a good idea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bedwina

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed February 12, 2013

hi friends..

well, i had travelled Delhi last May with my wife for her birthday...my wife is a cleanliness freak. At first I was very tensed as to how the rooms would be,whether it wud give happy beginning to our trip or would it spoil our whole trip.
but I was completely relaxed after I saw the hotel and the room. the room was very clean, bathroom was also clean. clean bedsheets and comfortable beds.. also to add anytime hot and cold water was also available. overall the room was well serviced and very clean and noise free. my wife was happy and so was I. And the staffs were also very cooperative and helpful.

overall our stay was wonderful here and more over i am visiting delhi again with my family within a few days and my choice to stay again is Hotel Aster Inn.

i will update my experience again but till then i recommend this hotel to everyone.

Rishabh
kathmandu nepal

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Aster was one of the first Hotels we stayed at when we began our Travelling and after a few days we returned again, and I must say I was very pleased. It was extremely clean not a single fly or hair found in our room. Hotel staff where extremely friendly and made an effort to communicate with us even though our Hindi was poor. Hotel Manager was very friendly …two girls travelling alone and they advised us not to go out after 9.30 and even when we insisted that we want to go he sent one of his staff with us to make sure we are safe. Hotel had Great Wifi connection even on the top floor and hot water which was a must. Overall I would give it a 10/10… I couldn’t fault them one bit.

Room Tip: top Floor is the best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends