“Awesome”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I don't have time to right a lot but
It was just amazing
I would love to go back❤️❤️❤️❤️
Loved the service.
Food was outstanding specially the sorbet..
And if u have Rose at the end...
It's something I cannot explain
Loving it

1  Thank Johndixx

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Why does one go to a high end restaurant? Food of course but more importantly for the experience. My
experience at Varq was tepid.

First of all the decor is anything but impressive. The restaurant is rather small and not in a good way.

We were a group of 10and we ordered both vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes.

The servings are tiny. They amuse and make you angry at the same time.

Coming to the food, the Chicken Shorba was very good as was the Chicken three way. Martabaan ka meat was generously served and was good. Murgh Sirka Pyaaz was average.

Paneer anaardana was ok.

Daal was served in small bowls and, being the host, I was embarrassed to see the size.

I honestly did not see the reason why this restaurant is so highly rated. I could ignore the average decor and mediocre service, but I expected mind blowing food. Average food from such a celebrated restaurant is unpardonable. I have had better food at Dhabas.

I am quite disappointed.

2  Thank CHOPRAMO
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is one of the best Indian restaurants in Delhi. The menu is not the predictable "Mughlai" fare of most North Indian restaurants. The menu is inventive and unique with just enough familiarity to keep the traditionalists content.

1  Thank VikasMG
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at Taj Mahal hotel and did not have the stamina to venture out for dinner on my first night. I was expecting a bland hotel restaurant experience and was sooooo wrong!

The ambience is great. The restaurant is small and intimate, and there is a full wall-sized piece that dominates the room. The staff is disarmingly, charmingly friendly. I felt like they took a genuine interest in me and my dining experience.

The starters were awesome! I had a vegetable dish trio, but the waiter was able to do a substitution for me based on my interest in the apricot potato pancakes on the menu. The presentation was modern and the starters melted in my mouth. For main course, I had the lamb with pickled chilies. That was very tasty, and the meat was very tender, but the dish was more on the traditional side.

The restaurant is a bit pricey, I paid about $85 for two courses, a beer and a glass of wine, but definitely worth going.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place to visit the place has good ambience a must go location of the hotel is wonderful staff is also good a must have dish martbaan ke chole its a mouth watering dish which this restaurant serves