“Imaginative and delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indian Accent

Indian Accent
Ranked #1 of 12,530 Restaurants in New Delhi
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delhi
“Imaginative and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Indian Accent gets fusion right, with intelligent and even witty moves. The galauti kabab topped with a cube of trembling foie gras, allows you to compare two different kinds of melt-in-the-mouth meat.
I mainly come here to entertain friends from outside, and the meal is always an event. Considerate and discreet service and lovely food with fun retakes on classic fine-dining and street food makes the meal a bit of gastronomy and a bit of entertainment.
It's terribly expensive. But my meals here have all been memorable.

Visited August 2012
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Accent, responded to this review, June 13, 2013

Namaste!

Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef and the entire team, who are grateful for the appreciation.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
monterey, california
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My experience with Indian Accent was wonderful. I'm really glad I decided to eat here after reading tripadvisor reviews. Food is simply amazing and the service is excellent. I have tried Indian cuisine many times before but I must say that this is one of the best places I have eaten until now.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Accent, responded to this review, June 8, 2013

Hong Kong
“This restaurant elicited my first tripadvisor review...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been a very frequent reader of tripadvisor reviews but never found the effort to make my own contribution… until I visited Indian Accent. The most critical aspects of a restaurant – its food and service – were impeccable. I love Indian cuisine and often find contemporary takes on Indian food compromise on the underlying flavours and spices. The remarkable achievement by Indian accent is the food is different and exciting, yet tastes like good Indian food should. The service was exemplified by the chef devoting time to us as well as providing a special cake for my parents’ anniversary. Top notch stuff – I hope the restaurant continues to be incredibly successful for a long time.

2 Thank Adsin

New Delhi, India
“Good Innovative Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food is innovative. The ambience is serene. The food is good to taste. But, good food with small quantity. Thus, it leaves demanding for more. The price is a liitle on the higher side, keeping in mind the quantity served.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Brussels, Belgium
“Perfect service, traditional food with a modern twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Indian Accent manges to pull off something where most -if not all- competitors who try it fail: they manage to combine traditional, tastefully prepared indian dishes with a modern twist/presentation without everything becoming a hodgepodge or introducing dissonance. We (2 couples) had dinner there last night and opted for the tasting menu, 3 times the non-veg variety, one veg. Two of us went for the version with the food-paired wine. I could wax lyrical abut the food , which was really top notch except for a couple of small flaws (see below) but I'm not going to except to say that if you go, you will certainly not be disappointed. Some items are traditional (a lovely dal, eat your heart out, Bukhara@ITC Maurya) as well as some less well-known dishes such as ker sangri that even many Indians living outside Rajasthan will never have sampled

The service was absolutely impeccable except for one small slip late in the evening that can easily be forgiven. Have to add that professionally I'm used to eating in rather high end restaurants and as such I'm not an easy customer to please.

OK, living up to my reputation for being difficult, here's why they didn't receive a 5/5:

- Before the meal I had a bloody mary cocktail. This was not mixed correctly. Strangely enough they put too much booze and not enough tomato juice in it.
- Champagne and the white wines that were served should have been chilled more. Not that they were warm but 5 centigrade cooler would have made a lot of difference. Wine quality and pairing with the food were, btw, good.
- They slipped with the desert platter: one of the items was crème brûlée. The sugar layer on top was perfectly caramelized and crisp, kudos for that. However, the crème was not crème: it should normally have a delicate vanilla flavor and be, not really fluffy but airy. This one fell flat and they had added some coconut flavour to it. If anyone of the staff reads this: guys, don't do it. It's a classic recipe that cannot be improved upon, trust me here. And if you tinker with it you shouldn't call it crème brûlée. The Valrhona chocolate/Old Monk ball lacked flavour. But the mishti dhoi mini cannoli and pecan/demerara pie were really good.
- I had ordered a double espresso to go with the desert and this came after the desert, was plunked down in front of me without saucer, spoon nor sugar.

...but the above are details in the big scheme and overall I and my guests were EXTREMELY satisfied with what we got in terms of price/quality. They far surpass places like Bukhara, Varq, Le cirque... Will certainly be back soon and can unreservedly recommend them.

2 Thank Xenophon2NewDelhi
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Accent, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Namaste!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Indian Accent. Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef, The General Manager and the entire team, who are grateful for the appreciation.

We appreciate your patronage and value your feedback as it helps us evaluate and enhance our services. Our team has reviewed your feedback in detail and we sincerely regret that the cocktail and the temperature of wine served was not up to your expectations. Your feedback has been taken up with our Restaurant Manager, who will be looking into it. Also, he would like to apologize for the lapse in serving Double Espresso.

In addition, your feedback regarding the recipe and texture of the Crème Brûlée has been shared with our Executive Chef, who is currently in London and upon his return will be definitely looking into it. Please let us know before your next visit so that we can demonstrate a different Crème Brûlée.

We thank you for taking time out to review Indian Accent. Your feedback has been taken in a constructive manner and we are sure that it will help us achieve standards that you expected.

We appreciate your patronage and our team eagerly looks forward to welcoming you again at Indian Accent.

Guest Relations

PS: I would also like to add that our Chairman was particularly touched by your comments and the knowledgeable way in which you commented as well as critiqued Indian Accent and wanted to convey his personal appreciation too for taking out the time to do so.