“Perfect service, traditional food with a modern twist”
Review of Indian Accent

Indian Accent
Ranked #4 of 12,634 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian, International, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Perfect service, traditional food with a modern twist”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Indian Accent manges to pull off something where most -if not all- competitors who try it fail: they manage to combine traditional, tastefully prepared indian dishes with a modern twist/presentation without everything becoming a hodgepodge or introducing dissonance. We (2 couples) had dinner there last night and opted for the tasting menu, 3 times the non-veg variety, one veg. Two of us went for the version with the food-paired wine. I could wax lyrical abut the food , which was really top notch except for a couple of small flaws (see below) but I'm not going to except to say that if you go, you will certainly not be disappointed. Some items are traditional (a lovely dal, eat your heart out, Bukhara@ITC Maurya) as well as some less well-known dishes such as ker sangri that even many Indians living outside Rajasthan will never have sampled

The service was absolutely impeccable except for one small slip late in the evening that can easily be forgiven. Have to add that professionally I'm used to eating in rather high end restaurants and as such I'm not an easy customer to please.

OK, living up to my reputation for being difficult, here's why they didn't receive a 5/5:

- Before the meal I had a bloody mary cocktail. This was not mixed correctly. Strangely enough they put too much booze and not enough tomato juice in it.
- Champagne and the white wines that were served should have been chilled more. Not that they were warm but 5 centigrade cooler would have made a lot of difference. Wine quality and pairing with the food were, btw, good.
- They slipped with the desert platter: one of the items was crème brûlée. The sugar layer on top was perfectly caramelized and crisp, kudos for that. However, the crème was not crème: it should normally have a delicate vanilla flavor and be, not really fluffy but airy. This one fell flat and they had added some coconut flavour to it. If anyone of the staff reads this: guys, don't do it. It's a classic recipe that cannot be improved upon, trust me here. And if you tinker with it you shouldn't call it crème brûlée. The Valrhona chocolate/Old Monk ball lacked flavour. But the mishti dhoi mini cannoli and pecan/demerara pie were really good.
- I had ordered a double espresso to go with the desert and this came after the desert, was plunked down in front of me without saucer, spoon nor sugar.

...but the above are details in the big scheme and overall I and my guests were EXTREMELY satisfied with what we got in terms of price/quality. They far surpass places like Bukhara, Varq, Le cirque... Will certainly be back soon and can unreservedly recommend them.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Xenophon2NewDelhi
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Accent, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Namaste!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Indian Accent. Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef, The General Manager and the entire team, who are grateful for the appreciation.

We appreciate your patronage and value your feedback as it helps us evaluate and enhance our services. Our team has reviewed your feedback in detail and we sincerely regret that the cocktail and the temperature of wine served was not up to your expectations. Your feedback has been taken up with our Restaurant Manager, who will be looking into it. Also, he would like to apologize for the lapse in serving Double Espresso.

In addition, your feedback regarding the recipe and texture of the Crème Brûlée has been shared with our Executive Chef, who is currently in London and upon his return will be definitely looking into it. Please let us know before your next visit so that we can demonstrate a different Crème Brûlée.

We thank you for taking time out to review Indian Accent. Your feedback has been taken in a constructive manner and we are sure that it will help us achieve standards that you expected.

We appreciate your patronage and our team eagerly looks forward to welcoming you again at Indian Accent.

Guest Relations

PS: I would also like to add that our Chairman was particularly touched by your comments and the knowledgeable way in which you commented as well as critiqued Indian Accent and wanted to convey his personal appreciation too for taking out the time to do so.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Fine dining”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The food and service is absolutely brilliant...will certainly go back again and again. The chefs menu features small portions of their signature dishes. Choose an ala cart menu and the chef will add something on the house to complete the meal. It is a fine dining experience !!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank doc963
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Accent, responded to this review, May 25, 2013

Namaste!

Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef and the entire team, who are grateful for the appreciation.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“60 th birthday treat”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My children took me to this stunningly good restaurant. I would recommend the tasting menu with wine as being a nice fun way to try the breadth of cooking. Service was faultless. Thank you all for a meal to remember

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Alan W
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Accent, responded to this review, May 20, 2013

Surrey - UK
“Explosion of Flavours”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently visited India for the first time and sought out the top-rated restaurant in my quest to experience genuine India food. I was not disappointed on my first night when I visited Indian Accent which is a beautiful restaurant in a posh residential part of Delhi. All the staff were exceptionally welcoming and made me feel special throughout my evening at the restaurant. I selected the taster menu with their selection of wines. The courses came thick and fast starting with a simple small cheese Nan which had sensational flavours, and then a green pea soup with scented aromas. The first proper course was a potato dish too complex to describe. The fish course was delicate, and the spare ribs were served with sun dried mango and roasted Kalorji seeds. This was followed by crab with toasted coconut and tomato pickle chutney. We then progressed to the meat course comprising 5 separate dishes which were delicious. The dessert course comprised three individual dishes, and by now I was passed eulogising and just tucking in. The meal was rounded off with green tea and a canopy of four home made sweets the simplest of which was a rose petal nut brittle - but all leaving lovely scented tastes in the mouth. A local Indian on the next table aptly described the food as "an explosion of flavours in your mouth - and damned nice". The wines were well chosen and complemented the food nicely. Having eaten in London's top Indian restaurant Benares, I can only describe Indian Accent as in the same class of experience.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JohnatWestHorsley

Namaste!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Indian Accent.

We always strive to provide a memorable experience to our guests with great cuisine, service and ambiance. Your feedback has been shared with our Executive Chef and the entire staff, who are grateful for the appreciation.

Our team eagerly looks forward to welcoming you again.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Gold at the end of the rainbow”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The place is extremely hard to find.. But if you do manage to reach the rainbow, you would get your share of gold:) Indian Accent has a simple yet elegant decor.. The menu takes creativity to new heights. The food options are truly fusion and unique in themselves.. I think the service here deserves a special applaud where the waiters go out of their way to make you feel special.. I did get a free dessert here:) The pork ribs with meetha aachar, doda pie with homemade ice cream are worth a mention...However, be sure to take a loaded wallet with you since the bill will definitely be more than your expectations.. In short, great for the unique experience but also expensive for the portions on offer.. Great for a special celebration.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank KanikaSarma
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Accent, responded to this review, May 15, 2013

Namaste!

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your recent experience at Indian Accent.

We are delighted to see your feedback which has been shared with our Executive Chef and the entire team, who are grateful for the appreciation. Positive feedback from our guests makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight.