“Delhi is crazy - stay at Anikas to make sense of it”
Review of Anikas Nest Delhi

Anikas Nest Delhi
Ranked #46 of 967 Specialty Lodging in New Delhi
Reviewed September 22, 2010

If you are a first time visitor to Delhi, you want a place like this. There is so much to explore in India, but it takes some sound advice and guidance to feel comfortable enough to find your way. Anikas nest is the perfect place to begin your journey.

There are those that want to spend $10 per night for a rat trap hotel, and those that will settle for nothing less than the Ritz. The rest of us come to Trip Advisor to find the right hotel for us. For about $100 per night, you get the personal attention and comfort needed in Delhi. One thing we didn't have upon our arrival was a person we could completely trust. Immediately upon arrival at Anikas, we realized that we did in Kumar and Anika. I won't go through the list of little perks that Kumar provided us because I'm sure it is a different list for everyone and I don't want anyone to expect a particular service. But I'm sure you will find from other reviews that many services that would be provided by other hotels for a large fee were provided at cost or as a courtesy. Extra bag needed? We were taken to the local market and told what we should pay for a good deal. Need pani puri? We were taken to a place in Old Delhi with a line down the street. Reservations made, cars arranged for, beers in the fridge upon our arrival from a hot day of touring...to name a few.

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and stayed at Anikas for our first 5 nights in India. From there we went to Varanasi then Nepal for 3 weeks. We flew from Nepal to Rajasthan for two more weeks and after 5 weeks on the road weren't sure that we needed to stay at Anikas since were were now seasoned sub continent travelers and considered spending at least one night in Old Delhi just for the experience. Unfortunately, before we could even really talk about it, my wife became ill and thought we might need to go to the hospital upon our return to Delhi. We decided that we would get to Anikas and decide to go to the hospital the next day if needed. Within 5 minutes of our return we knew that we would spend our final 4 days at Anikas. The genuine concern and attention that was given to my wife would not have happened at a hotel, or probably any other B&B. We felt a long way from home before arriving, right at home as we walked in the door.

Some of the other complaints made us laugh. Street traffic? Welcome to India my friend. Sitting out on the deck for morning coffee and evening drinks was a favorite memory of ours. There were few horns compared to the main streets. Planning every minute of your trip? That was a huge plus! If you don't want to do something, don't do it. Otherwise you have an itinerary made by someone who has lived there his whole life instead of just a guide book. We took a day or two to just lounge in the room with the door closed and watch TV. The only disruption was a knock at the door with 4 delicious pastries to enjoy.

The food is fantastic, cold coffees can't be missed, and Whiskey and Tiny irresistible. The bottom line is if you want a home away from home and people you can trust in India, look no further. Thank you Anika and Mr. Kumar - you helped make our honeymoon one of a kind.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stayed with Kumar and his wife in December 2009. With Kumar, you get the complete Indian host - he showed our children where the soft drinks were, he brought out six flavors of ice cream for them, and even had the cook pack special sandwiches for our day trip to Agra. His advice on local sightseeing (go to Agra on Monday, because Delhi attractions are closed) was valuable. He arranged our taxis, instructed the drivers on where to go and what to do. and even made sure that the beer was chilling in the refrigerator when we got back after a long day!

Their location is near perfect - most attractions are within 20 min driving distance, and Kumar helps with local arrangements in the most efficient manner.

The room was clean, the sheets were fresh, and the refrigerator stocked with boxes of fruit juice and soda.

We had a great experience with Anika and Kumar, and we will surely go back to stay with them again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My wife and I chose to stay again in Anikas Nest- this is our second trip to India. We find Anikas Nest offering the comforts of home, delicious food and cleanliness.The Hosts are friendly and very helpful. It is clear that the Hosts run this B&D out of a genuine interest to serve.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Anika's Nest Bed and Breakfast can be summed up in Allstate's slogan "You're in good hands". We were visiting Delhi/Agra with our two boys for the first time and Kumar (he and wife Anika are the owners) came to pickup us up at the airport (standard additional fee for pickup and drop off). For our 3-day stay, Kumar planned the sightseeing for us and gave us wonderful shopping tips. He suggested seeing a few places in Delhi the first day, going to Agra at 6 AM the next day to avoid the traffic (a brilliant suggestion) and touring Delhi again on the 3rd day. He made all the arrangements with the tour companies before we landed, and the drivers were extremely personable and friendly. The room was large with a very comfortable bed. We liked the amenities such as flat screen cable TV with many channels and the hot water in the bathroom. My kids liked the 2 cute dogs the couple have. The fridge in the bedroom was stocked with juices, pop and a couple of beer cans. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful. What impressed us was for our 6AM Agra trip the cook woke up early and made two large packages of hot potato 'parathas' that we could eat in the car along the way. Throughout our trip if we had any questions all we had to do was call and Kumar would have an answer or suggestion for us. Overall, our visit to Delhi was very memorable and staying at Anika’s Nest Bed and Breakfast felt like a visit with a favorite uncle.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Staying at home with 5* services and facilities...................one would rather stay here for ever.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2010

After reading the reviews here we expected a bit more. It was quite pricey for what you get. Mr. Kumar and his wife were charming hosts, but unfortunately the tourist advice he gave us was not good and we had a very unpleasant day in Delhi.

Pros:
* Free int'l calling and Wi-fi
* TV
* Delicious, home-cooked breakfast
* Nice people
* Fridge with cold beverages
* Free laundry

Cons:
* Not very clean, esp the bathroom
* Noisy location (traffic from the street)
* Overbearing host, poor sightseeing advice

Warnings: 1) Don't go to Akshardam in the afternoon on a weekend. Get a driver by all means - you'll have trouble with the tuk-tuks (auto rickshaws) and cycle rickshaws because it's out of the way, and the packed trains make the Japanese subways seem empty. 2) If the B&B is not available the entire time you need accommodations in Delhi, make your own arrangements - don't leave it to the host to take care of it for you.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
KumarAnika, owner at Anikas Nest Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2010

We thank the reviewer for her comments. On price front we don’t comment as we know we offer great value.

The only touristy advice we gave was to use tuk tuk for saving money, which we give to all, with the alternate of car and driver – the guests are free to choose for themselves.

Laundry is not free but we did it complimentary.

Being full, on their request we showed them a place nearby, took them there personally. Perhaps this is overbearing.

Visit to Akshardham, trains experience, subway experience, tuk tuk experience has got nothing to do with us. Guess, we are the fall guy for all of Delhi’s experience.

Dirty bathroom, traffic noise is very subjective. Many of our guests have been happy. Nevertheless, we shall call in professionals to see if anything further can be improved upon

Reviewed March 18, 2010

As a profession and passion I travels on business to most of the places in and out of India. No doubt I miss my home, my taste, my members and my sleep. But this ends when I reach to Delhi, because I find all these at Anikas Nest. I was guest only at the first time, next time on wards i am a member of Anikas family. I have freedom and privacy for my best relaxation at end of the day. Nice feelings when I laydown on wide bed, watching wide screen with multi channels, enjoying my favourite drinks from in room refrigirator. I get my favourite food, fresh and hot for my dinner. Anika & Kumar never given me a feeling as I am away from home. I entertrain my friends and colleagues at Anikas Nest as at my home. Kumar uncle care for me and take personal interest for my comfort and he always makes me to miss the Anikas Nest at other destinations expect at my home town. No need to recommend this palce for best comfort & stay, but joining myself with Anikas and uncle Kumar, as a family member I extend my invitiation to other Delhi guests to become member of Anikas' family and enjoy as at home
- B. MUNIRAJA, Country Manager, CADS SOFTWARE INDIA.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business