“Exceptional hospitality”
Review of Anikas Nest Delhi

Anikas Nest Delhi
Ranked #44 of 968 Specialty Lodging in New Delhi
Reviewed September 11, 2009

If I return to Delhi, it's likely I will stay here again. This says a lot, as my nature is to try something new and different. Although not opulent by international standards, my room was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The exceptional quality of Anika's Nest, however, is the high level of personal attention provided by the owners, particularly by Mr. Kumar. This can be very comforting in a city as intense, and sometimes overwhelming, as New Delhi.
Mr. Kumar has opinions on many subjects--tourist sites, restaurants, and life in general--which he is very willing to share. Be aware, however, that this level of attention and advice may not appeal to everyone, and you may wish to decline if it goes beyond your needs or preferences.
In my case, it proved to be very welcome. I had a midnight flight to Chicago, and after checking out, I left my luggage at the guest house for the day. By the time I returned, I was utterly exhausted by the Delhi heat, plus some combination of traveler's ailments. Mr. Kumar was extremely compassionate. He encouraged me to shower, change clothes, and relax, offering me to take me to the doctor. After a few glasses of lemonade (I declined on a beer), I felt replenished enough to travel. Kumar arranged for a taxi, giving the driver detailed instructions to remain at the airport in case I changed my mind. This is the sort of personal care one might experience at Anika's Nest, but could not possibly expect at a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2009

As I am a frequent traveler (in fact it’s due to the nature of my job). Meeting with different people and their culture is like a routine for me. Eventually I can put them all more or less in the same category. I short I got a same conception about all of them until I came here at Anikas Nest. Assume apart from Soap, a Shampoo and a Towel you find Toothpaste and a Toothbrush at your bathroom (Surprising huh!!). I fact these trivial things makes a great impact on visitors. So it was the first thing which reflected again and again throughout my stay like lovely pets, Delicious food ended with a fine whiskey. Really these are facilities which keep them apart from all others.
Honestly I am running short of words to thanks them, as this made me bother to write my first Review ever.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2009

It was the very good time and the very nice place. We recommend this place to all our friends.
We sure that we will visit the Anikas during the next our trip with kids (they got a lot of sweets from our friends - Kumar and Anika). By the way the loved indian sweets.
The Anika's Nest is not like a hotel. It is rather like living with Indian family.
Kumar took care about us in different situations - booking tickets, plannig trips, etc....
We will never forget their hospitality - nights with beers, snakes and disscusions.
And the most tasting breakfast - indian's tastes. Very delicious!!! And very huge!!!

Thanks Anika, Kumar and Shamboo.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

i was recommended by my sister to stay at Anika's Nest plus I had read the superlative reviews on this website so it was a no brainer for me to stay here. Mr Kumar was a perfect host from start to finish and I would recommend staying at his guesthouse if you are looking for a welcoming and homely retreat in a fantastic part of South Delhi. Nearby there are numerous restaurants, markets and bars and getting to and from other popular Delhi hotspots and sights is very easy. Our host was able to help us out instantly with recommendations, restaurants, sights, travel booking, hiring cars and taxi's... you name it Mr Kumar would sort it with minimum fuss. Our host took great pride in ensuring our stay was enjoyable and as convenient as possible, I would recommend this Guesthouse to all! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Anika's Nest is a lovely guesthouse. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly and always on hand. Yet the best feature of Anika's Nest during my stay was the host, Mr Kumar. Mr Kumar treated me as if I was a daughter and has continued to help me as I ventured on my trip around India. I would highly recommend this guesthouse as it is the personal touches that make it a truly wonderful experience, completely different to a stay in a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank anoukaprincess
Reviewed August 10, 2009

words cannot do this place justice. mr kumar is the best host imaginable. he goes out of his way to cater for your every need. he organised my entire life, not only in delhi but across india. he is a godsend. food is wonderful, the rooms are beautiful and comfortable, his home is my home!!!!! you wont find anywhere else in delhi like this-- fate brought me to mr kumars home. this is the ultimate place to stay in delhi. thank youso much mr kumar for making our stay so pleasant and stress-free and sorting out my travels across the rest of india.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank snoopysonar
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Our greeting started with a phone call that we got at the time we landed in Delhi. It was Kumar who was on the phone informing us that the driver would be at the airport in order to pick us. In no time we were in the car sent by Kumar with his driver.It was a warm welcome done by Kumar and his wife Anika at the time we reached at their home.I must say warm welcome with a cool drink because I cant forget that neembu pani that has been offered to us as it was a pretty hot outside.After a long journey we both were famished, Kumar probably knew that because delicious food has been already prepared,personally I loved that. It was surprisingly nice to see our Room consisting a king size Bed with a full swing A/C making the environment so Kool.In evening Kumar suggested us the best Sight seeing in Delhi.i must say that you must be a perfect bargainer if you want to get the good value of your money,but I think i am not in that category of people it was kumar who made me learn How to shop in Delhi and how to bargain.Anyway we had to head for Agra at next day.Kumar made every preparation mostly we use to miss that.He had given me a bottle of Neembu Pani which was frozen along with sandwiches.Finally we headed to Agra with lots and lots of sweet memories. Thanks a ton for all that!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business