“indian hospitality at its best”
Review of Anikas Nest Delhi

Anikas Nest Delhi
Ranked #36 of 925 Specialty Lodging in New Delhi
London
“indian hospitality at its best”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

i was recommended by my sister to stay at Anika's Nest plus I had read the superlative reviews on this website so it was a no brainer for me to stay here. Mr Kumar was a perfect host from start to finish and I would recommend staying at his guesthouse if you are looking for a welcoming and homely retreat in a fantastic part of South Delhi. Nearby there are numerous restaurants, markets and bars and getting to and from other popular Delhi hotspots and sights is very easy. Our host was able to help us out instantly with recommendations, restaurants, sights, travel booking, hiring cars and taxi's... you name it Mr Kumar would sort it with minimum fuss. Our host took great pride in ensuring our stay was enjoyable and as convenient as possible, I would recommend this Guesthouse to all! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
london
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Anika's Nest is a lovely guesthouse. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly and always on hand. Yet the best feature of Anika's Nest during my stay was the host, Mr Kumar. Mr Kumar treated me as if I was a daughter and has continued to help me as I ventured on my trip around India. I would highly recommend this guesthouse as it is the personal touches that make it a truly wonderful experience, completely different to a stay in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank anoukaprincess
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2009

words cannot do this place justice. mr kumar is the best host imaginable. he goes out of his way to cater for your every need. he organised my entire life, not only in delhi but across india. he is a godsend. food is wonderful, the rooms are beautiful and comfortable, his home is my home!!!!! you wont find anywhere else in delhi like this-- fate brought me to mr kumars home. this is the ultimate place to stay in delhi. thank youso much mr kumar for making our stay so pleasant and stress-free and sorting out my travels across the rest of india.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank snoopysonar
Kalyan
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Our greeting started with a phone call that we got at the time we landed in Delhi. It was Kumar who was on the phone informing us that the driver would be at the airport in order to pick us. In no time we were in the car sent by Kumar with his driver.It was a warm welcome done by Kumar and his wife Anika at the time we reached at their home.I must say warm welcome with a cool drink because I cant forget that neembu pani that has been offered to us as it was a pretty hot outside.After a long journey we both were famished, Kumar probably knew that because delicious food has been already prepared,personally I loved that. It was surprisingly nice to see our Room consisting a king size Bed with a full swing A/C making the environment so Kool.In evening Kumar suggested us the best Sight seeing in Delhi.i must say that you must be a perfect bargainer if you want to get the good value of your money,but I think i am not in that category of people it was kumar who made me learn How to shop in Delhi and how to bargain.Anyway we had to head for Agra at next day.Kumar made every preparation mostly we use to miss that.He had given me a bottle of Neembu Pani which was frozen along with sandwiches.Finally we headed to Agra with lots and lots of sweet memories. Thanks a ton for all that!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Rrajeev
Vancouver
Reviewed June 13, 2009

My trip was partly business related and partly personal explorations in India. Before coming to Delhi, I had visited Mumbai and Pune as well. Mr. Kumar and his place was very different compare to most other places I had stayed in India. He was always eager and excited to help. His pricing was clear and didn’t charge for many additional things they provided. They had a friendly cook for the family and a helper who I could ask for Chai, fruit or sandwiches at anytime at no extra charges. They would even put melon and watermelon in the fridge for when I want a snack in the middle of the day. If you are lucky, you may also get to try his wife’s tasty Kir, a special rice pudding cooked slowly with cardamom. When I was sick for a day, they cooked me Kichiri and some other light food (and didn’t charge for it either). I had asked for healthy food so they made great effort to cook me brown rice/bread, and use less oil in preparation of food. A few times that I ate lunch or dinner at home, they cooked a few dishes for each meal and very tasty. Also if I wanted anything specific for breakfast or other meals, they were quiet happy to make them for me.

One of the perks of staying there was that he arranged for massages anytime of the day I asked for & right in my room. The little secret Mr. Kumar taught me was to leave the TV on when cricket matches were on & the massage person continued beyond the normal massage time and until the match was finished 
He also arranged for me to join his gym for the days that I stayed there & gave me access to the swimming pool at a private club. We ended up going to the gym most mornings together which was a good encouragement for me to stay on track with my exercises. He gave me a wake-up call 10 minutes before going to the gym and he drove us there and back. It was also nice to relax at the end of the exercise in the Sauna, and to talk about what places I could visit and what foods I should try in Delhi. By the way, if you are not vegetarian, try Karim’s restaurant while you are in Delhi. Mr. Kumar can tell you what to order at Karim’s. Actually, since I learned the Hindi word “Karak” from him as in “Roti Karak”, it made my experience of roti much more enjoyable i.e. toasted. He loves food so he can tell you all about different places to eat.
Getting a simple train ticket even from a travel agency was a hassle a few times I tried in other cities; but Mr. Kumar was able to make a phone call to an agent he knew and they even delivered the ticket to the house at no extra charge. Once I found a very good deal online for a flight ticket to Leh in Ladakh, but the local website didn’t let me use my Canadian issued credit card. Mr Kumar was very kind and offered his credit card to use; otherwise I might have lost the special price.

By the way after I stayed for more than 10 days at Anika’s Nest, I went to Rishikesh for a few weeks and came back for another 3 day stay. Before I left, the family prepared some snacks and cookies for my trip; so much that I couldn’t fit some in my bag. But on the train and for many days after, I was having their cookies with my chai & appreciating all their kindness and hospitality. He was also kind to arrange his schedule in a way that he can drop me off at the train station which is about 25 minutes away. As I mentioned, I eventually got back from Rishikesh, stayed at their place again, I am in Leh now and will be back to stay there for 3 days there again to catch my flight back to Canada.

• Liked — very helpful people and simple pricing strategy
  • Disliked — I was the only guest at the time of my stay.
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SpritualExplorer
colchester
Reviewed June 12, 2009

If you are looking for a friendly, comfortable, B&B in Delhi, look no further. The accomodation is of high standard and the welcome very warm indeed. I would not hesitate in recommending Anika's Nest to any discerning traveller. Michael Yardley, journalist and broadcaster.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank bulletcatcher
SF Bay area
Reviewed May 15, 2009

We experienced such wonderful hospitality from our hosts. The home cooked food was delicious. Our room was nice and spacious and very comfortable. The location was wonderful because of the neighborhood, nearby markets, and the temple across the street. As a young couple we enjoyed our stay thoroughly and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple