“A clean sanctuary in the middle of busy Delhi”
Review of Hotel Hari Piorko

Hotel Hari Piorko
Ranked #55 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 10, 2013

For me as a solo woman traveller in India Hotel Hari Piorko has been a real safe haven. Delhi can be quite a lot and having a refuge to go to and feel at home is priceless. I was in a deluxe room and was very content. The room was impeccably clean, the bed (mattras) was superb and the bathroom was spacious. I had a room at the back of the hotel, so I was not disturbed by noises coming from the bazaar.
The staff is very friendly and honest. They could have easily made a buck when I asked for a station pick up, instead they advised me to take a prepaid taxi since this would have been way cheaper for me (because of the extra parking cost and waiting costs in case of delay which occurs all the time).
A big bonus is the great roof top terrace and the excellent food the restaurant is serving. I ate there almost every night, so I didn't have to go out in the dark to look for food.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 10, 2013

a very clean room for comfortable bed. The 24 hours service was very professional in Indian standards.
I paid 1,500 a night for a double room, big bed, mini-bar, a lots of light (no real window), chairs an A/C.

1  Thank Hezi B
Reviewed October 9, 2013

So wrote a glowing review on my first stay there but came back 2 weeks later and not nearly as good. The AC didn't work most of the time and no complimentary breakfast. I think what's happening is they really pull out the stops on your first stay there if booking online (cleartrip) to get your good review but afterwards is another story. So would I stay here again? Well maybe but I'd check out others too, am a frequent traveler to Delhi and like Paharganj but it always seems like finding a reliable place to stay is difficult.

Room Tip: Have stayed on the 3rd floor and was nice, second time got the 1st floor which wasn't as good an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you need or want to stay in Pahar Ganj, then this hotel is an excellent choice. THis time my room was at the back, that is, not facing the Main Bazaar, so very quiet. Room facilites are good: adequate bathroom, fridge, kettle for tea/coffee making, very comfortable bed. The room is large and spacious, and the hotel central and safe. Staff were very helpful

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is clean and conveniently located. They picked up at the airport which was nice too and seem to be interested in helping travelers. However, our first night in we set a bag on a glass table in the room and it unexpectedly shattered. As this was our first night in India, we were worried as to what they would do. Staff told us this 12 inch diameter table cost $100, but that we needed to pay $5o to replace it. Anyone who has spent time in India knows no tiny end table would ever cost this much, even at ikea in the US. We felt deceived and taken advantage of by the staff as new travelers in India who had agreed to pay for any damages. It put a dark cloud on our stay. That aside, we came home one night to find our room smelling so strongly of toxic roach killer we couldn't even be in there. Staff told us to just wait it out. After a month in India I know this is how it goes, but we definitely had places that were much kinder and more professional. A good location and good hotel overall but be warned they may not be thinking in your best interest.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed October 4, 2013

A new hotel in the heart of the main bazaar, with several types of rooms.
The staff is very helpful and kind. Rooms are very clean. Elevator and free WiFi are also available. It is a very good option if you are not looking for the very cheap hostels.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been coming to Hotel Hari Piorko since 2008 and have recommended it to many of my friends and colleagues since then. It is situated in a fantastic location - right in the heart of Pahar Ganj - and easy to walk down to New Delhi Railway Station in one direction or to the metro in the other. The staff are very friendly and efficient and the rooms are kept clean each day, have TV and AC. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel. The buffet breakfast is good and you can sit out on the balcony and watch the day unfold. Deluxe rooms have lounge chairs and cool fish tanks. Semi-deluxe just dont have the fish tanks but are perfectly fine too. If you have a semi-deluxe room that faces the street and aren't a great sleeper then I would recommend earplugs as it can be noisy til quite late. All the shops you'll ever need are right outside your door and airport taxis will be arranged by staff easily. I seriously would not bother looking anywhere else unless you want to go super budget (this is about $22/night and for a capital city how great is that!!). I iwll be coming back and will continue to recommend to all my friends!

Room Tip: Go for a De-luxe room if you don't want the street noise, or if you have a semi-deluxe and are a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business