“First trip to Delhi”
Review of Hotel Hari Piorko

Hotel Hari Piorko
Ranked #54 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was my first trip to Delhi and i stumbled upon this hotel through tripadvisor.
I have to say it was well beyond what I had expected with friendly staff members and a very nice room.
The room was nice, neat and clean and they cleaned up the room almost every day and replaced the used towels.
The Hotel is centrally located on the main bazaar road and is quite close to the metro and train stations.

The cons of the hotel would be that, we had to call the reception to turn on the running hot water. its kinda silly that they only release the running hot water upon the guests request.
Apart from that, we only had a slight delay with breakfast one day, which took about 30 minutes to arrive and we did complain. Since then, our breakfast arrived much faster.

If at all any issues with the hotel, do complain at the reception as they were quite keen on resolving issues.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road, if your a light sleeper
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hari Piorko

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Centrally located, within main bazaar,walking distance to train station and metro station, hari piorko is nice hotel with clean rooms and a helpful staff. The front desk managers remembered my name when i returned a second time to stay here and were very attentive and responsive to my needs and requests. The manager from the second floor restaurant is very kind and friendly, willing to listen and resolve issues. Top terrace restaurant is a lovely environment. Delhi is not a quiet city, so rooms close to street can be noisy, but for the price and location, I will continue to choose this hotel. They have flatscreen tvs in each room and complimentary Internet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's been 13 years i keep comîng to india (i hold an NGo And write academic articles on india topics).
It's my first time in this hotel and i just love this place.
I was supposed To stay only 2 nights And shift To a flat but i'm Still here, 10 days after.
Best place ever in this area.
Especially for girl alone!

Room So lovely.
Top roof restaurant is great.
On first floor restaurant, Vijay Will Welcome you With care And professional attention. Hé can give advices for shopping And tourism.., thé piorko shop is also good.
Thé young director is lovely, Fair, honest And helpfull !

Linda, from france.
linda.shadil@yahoo.fr

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel twice - once for one night and once just as a day stopover. The first room we were in was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Unfortunately, it had a leaky toilet (the water was slowly dripping out from the bottom), and a shower that gave lukewarm water unless you called reception and asked for the hot water to be turned on (but there was no notice that this had to be done). The TV didn't work, and even after someone came to fix it it broke 30 minutes later so we gave up. The second room was also very clean and comfortable (and offered at a nice, affordable price) and the TV worked the entire time. The wifi was so-so and went on and off. The staff were very helpful and friendly, willing to set up or direct us to anything we needed. The location was great - on a big shopping street and right near New Delhi station. The restaurant had nice food, but the staff for the restaurant didn't speak enough English for a hotel that promotes itself as 'elegant' and 'high class'. I ordered a beer and they poured it into a dirty glass (literally, pieces of dirt floating around). That part I can handle - it is India after all, and I scooped out the dirt. Halfway through my beer, I found more dirt on the bottom and a hair floating in it. Yuck! So I called the waiter over and asked for a new CLEAN glass and new beer. He didn't understand and just took the beer away and never came back. Sigh. Good place to sleep, bad place to eat - find somewhere that takes kitchen cleanliness seriously!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for four nights from the 15th April and really enjoyed my stay. I made an email reservation beforehand stating that I wanted a quiet room with no windows, away from the street side of the hotel and they duly obliged. It cost me 1750 rps. inc taxes per night staying in room 109. The room and bathroom were marble tiled throughout. The shower worked perfectly, and the TV had satellite news and movie channels. The hotel has a money changer and an Ayurvedic Clinic as well. The restaurant is okay, there is a nice guy with glasses called Vicky who chats to to the guests and has a friendly face. I don't know if they have a security deposit facility at reception, as I kept my stuff on me with no problems.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in Pahar Ganj for many, many years and always at the same hotel. This time my wife and I decided to try a new hotel and I tried the Hari Piorko because all the reviews are so good. We were very tired and they put us in a front room in the 3rd floor, and within 5 minutes we asked if they could change it. The room was facing the street and the noise very loud if you need quiet to be able to sleep. They changed us to a room on the same floor at the back of the hotel. The room was very nice and very clean, which impressed us, BUT it was nearly impossible to sleep as there were people (possibly staff) banging doors the whole night and talking loudly on the corridors throughout the night. The next day we asked if they could change again and they put us on the 1st floor, again in a very nice and clean room. The night was a bit better. So, as a summary, the staff are extremely friendly and tried their best to accommodate all we asked, but I doubt I will stay there again as sleep is something important for us. So, if you don't mind noise, yes, a good place, BUT if quiet is important for you, then there are other hotels that fare better around Pahar Ganj!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 1st floor and at the back of the hotel if you want quietness.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice hotel. Neat and clean. Sincere service particularly responsible front office managers, room service, airport pick-up, luggage room facility, check-in and check-out management, travel desk and proximity to the metro station.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family