“A great hotel in Pahar Ganj,if you can get a quiet room away from the street”
Review of Hotel Hari Piorko

Hotel Hari Piorko
Ranked #53 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
London, England
“A great hotel in Pahar Ganj,if you can get a quiet room away from the street”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for four nights from the 15th April and really enjoyed my stay. I made an email reservation beforehand stating that I wanted a quiet room with no windows, away from the street side of the hotel and they duly obliged. It cost me 1750 rps. inc taxes per night staying in room 109. The room and bathroom were marble tiled throughout. The shower worked perfectly, and the TV had satellite news and movie channels. The hotel has a money changer and an Ayurvedic Clinic as well. The restaurant is okay, there is a nice guy with glasses called Vicky who chats to to the guests and has a friendly face. I don't know if they have a security deposit facility at reception, as I kept my stuff on me with no problems.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dehradun, India
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in Pahar Ganj for many, many years and always at the same hotel. This time my wife and I decided to try a new hotel and I tried the Hari Piorko because all the reviews are so good. We were very tired and they put us in a front room in the 3rd floor, and within 5 minutes we asked if they could change it. The room was facing the street and the noise very loud if you need quiet to be able to sleep. They changed us to a room on the same floor at the back of the hotel. The room was very nice and very clean, which impressed us, BUT it was nearly impossible to sleep as there were people (possibly staff) banging doors the whole night and talking loudly on the corridors throughout the night. The next day we asked if they could change again and they put us on the 1st floor, again in a very nice and clean room. The night was a bit better. So, as a summary, the staff are extremely friendly and tried their best to accommodate all we asked, but I doubt I will stay there again as sleep is something important for us. So, if you don't mind noise, yes, a good place, BUT if quiet is important for you, then there are other hotels that fare better around Pahar Ganj!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 1st floor and at the back of the hotel if you want quietness.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Guruvayur, Kerala, India
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice hotel. Neat and clean. Sincere service particularly responsible front office managers, room service, airport pick-up, luggage room facility, check-in and check-out management, travel desk and proximity to the metro station.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A V Good - Decent hotel near New Delhi Railwy stn and in d middle of main bazaar. Relatively quit and clean as compared to other Paharganj hotels. Friendly supportive staff. Food is good.
Room are Spacious, Neat and clean.
Only problem I faced was on roof top they have der restaurant and der are lots or chairs and tables. So, when dey move any chair or table the sound of dragging those chairs is clearly audible on 3rd floor rooms - so dis creates abit of disturbance in late night or early mornings.
Over All its a Good Value for Money Hotel with very descent and helping staff. Will surely go if I visited Delhi again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms below Roof top restaurant.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night only. For Rs. 1200/- I got a clean Air conditioned room. Food at Roof top restaurant was good. Room was small but for the price it was good. They had booked and confirmed the room by email. Only problem , I faced was in making cash payment at hotel. They must accept cards at any point of time , for all kinds of payment. It is located in very crowded place. I went there at around 10:30 pm, so could move easily. But in the morning hours , I doubt of such easy movement. I left in early hours of morning. For one or two day stay , It is good but look for bigger rooms, if you have kids.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed April 17, 2013

india caters for all kind of travellers....from backpackers to businessman! i have found the hotel in phar ganj - hotel hari piorko! its the perfect place to return to after a hectic day in the bussling main bazaar! from the moment you enter the reception area where the friendly staff always make you feel at home to the clean and comfortable rooms, complete with its own fishtank to help you unwind from your day! another plus point is the no noise level of the rooms!! just love this kind family run hotel. been visiting here for the past couple of years and always surpriced by the kindness!!

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevator and street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for four days in late March 2013. If this hotel meets your price range, I highly recommend it! The room was exceptionally clean, including the sheets (which I'm always very suspicious of, especially in India.) I can tell dirty sheets a mile away, and these sheets (and the room) were immaculate. Wow, that's not a word you will use much in India. The bathroom was very clean, too, and the western-style shower was the best I had in the whole of India. The hotel personnel were really great... always there to help. All of them were terrific. For example, we checked in at 4 a.m. The night manager was SO nice, and he did his best to help me when I couldn't find my cell phone. Despite the fact that I'm sure he was sleeping before we got there, and would go to sleep as soon as he was done with us... he took his time, made phone calls, and really helped me out. Another great thing about this hotel is the restaurant. They say it is open 24 hours... I don't know about that, but I had breakfast there each day. It's a beautiful space (roof-top) and the food was terrific and (best of all) didn't make me sick. Our room had no view, as the window looked out to the back of the building (a small courtyard type space). This turned out to be a HUGE blessing... for it means that you don't have the 24 hr noise to contend with. And since the window was small and covered with a dark curtain, we could sleep in late with no problem at all. I would gladly forego any view in order to get the quiet room, and would request the same room on my next stay... though I'm sure if you'd rather look out onto the street they would accommodate you. Finally, the hotel's gift shop (next door) is HUGE... the biggest I saw in India... and all fixed price and SO cheap you can't believe it. I bought bags of souvenirs here to bring home. And there was no one in the gift shop to follow me around and try to get me to buy more/bargain or otherwise meddle with my shopping experience. I really loved this hotel! The only complaint I have is that prior to my arrival, I e-mailed the hotel at the link from the TripAdvisor page. I had a few questions about the hotel. I never received a response. I'm not sure if they ever received my e-mail or if the e-mail address was faulty.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, request one that does not look out onto the street. You won't have a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends