Review Highlights
Awesome Street Food Tour in Old Delhi!

Reviewed September 21, 2018
jbmacatulad
Quezon City, Philippines
Fantastic street food tour!

Reviewed April 26, 2018
gbro114
Christchurch, New Zealand
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 21, 2018

I loved this food tour! Old Delhi can be overwhelming so it was nice to have an experienced guide show me around and take me to the best street food stalls.

Gajendra is friendly and engaging and offered good insight on all the dishes we tried on this tour. I must have had like 10-12 dishes, many from heritage stalls that have been around for generations. I had lassi served in a ceramic cup, stuffed parathas, paneer curry with freshly baked tandoori naan, mango kulfi, and the best jalebi in town, among many others. Everything we had was interesting and delicious. We even climbed to the rooftop of the spice house to enjoy chai tea whilst enjoying bird's eye views of the city!

Gajendra took me to a Sikh house of prayer as well which I really enjoyed. I had never been to a Sikh temple before so I had no idea they offered free meals to visitors. Gajendra showed me the kitchen where we watched volunteers prepare bread and soup in huge vats before serving them to people in the dining room. It was nice to be in such a welcoming place where people of different backgrounds could peacefully sit and enjoy a simple meal together.

If you're visiting Delhi and want to safely explore its street food, then I highly recommend going on this tour. I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this, but eating at the wrong street food stalls can potentially upset your tummy (ie Delhi belly), so it was a relief to have a local guide like Gajendra take me to all the best places. It made the experience so much more enjoyable.

Date of experience: September 2018
AChefsTour, Owner at A Chef's Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Hi JB,

Thanks for joining us on another one of our foodie tours! That secret rooftop tea overlooking the spice market is our fav spot along the way! Gajendra is an amazing guide and really knows his stuff when it comes to Delhi cuisine.

Looking forward to seeing you on another one of our foodie tours soon.

All the very best,

A Chef's Tour

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this tour if you wish to get a good walk around the markets of Old Delhi whilst tasting some delicious street food! We tasted a variety of dishes and everything was very yummy.

Gajendra was a great, friendly guide who had good knowledge and was also easy to contact when we got lost / couldn’t find the meeting point!

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank gbro114
Luke C, Owner at A Chef's Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

So great to hear that you had a good time on the tour with Gajendra. He's a fantastic guide. I hope you liked climbing up the steps to the secret rooftop over the spice market! Hopefully, we'll see you on another one of our foodie adventures in the future.