“Provides the security you need, when your so far away from home!”
Review of The Swiss Palms

The Swiss Palms
Ranked #461 of 1,097 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This hotel was the perfect transition into the Indian culture, from America, for my wife and I. We were so impressed with how available the owner was for planning trips, touring, providing taxis, booking train tickets, and suggesting safe places to eat for our sensitive American stomachs. All of the staff was extremely respectful, and always willing to make trips to the local grocery store for the smallest need! If we are ever back in Delhi we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Swiss Palms

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I posted regarding a previous stay but since I hadn't eaten at the Swiss Palms I had nothing to say about the food. Now that I have I can tell you the food is excellent. Prince prepares it in a clean kitchen with filtered water. The dining room is small but well appointed and cozy. In regards to the service, Aditya, the owner and manger again took excellent care of me and my travel companions. He provided rides to and from the domestic and international airports, to and from Apollo hospital, and arranged a one day train ride to and from Agra including rides to and from the train station. He also set up a couple days of sight-seeing in Delhi. In addition to all of this, he emailed us details about how to best negotiate while in Agra. Because I travel to India a couple of times a year I've spent considerable time looking for a nice budget hotel. Compared to the Swiss Palms the others I've stayed in are borderline dumps. One hotel that is highly recommended on Lonely Planet smelled like mildew, tried to overcharge me for a room, and their travel agency refused to refund me the price of a plane ticket I purchased after the flight was canceled, this after promising a full refund. The problem I've found is that the pictures budget hotels post on the Internet are not true depictions of the hotel. Maybe when the hotel was first built years ago they were accurate, but not anymore. The Swiss Palms looks as portrayed on their website and sits in a posh neighborhood. And having Aditya, who speaks flawless English, handle all of my travel details while in Delhi is a huge plus. I cannot give a high enough recommendation to the person looking for an upscale hotel for a budget price in a safe neighborhood. And I already mentioned the food and service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This hotel was an excellent value and when I return to Delhi I will definitely stay at this place. Mr. Mehta offers a clean, westernized hotel, with great service at an exceptional price in the fabulous neighborhood of Maharani Bagh in New Delhi. As an American law student, I was completing an internship at a law firm in New Friends Colony. I had been staying at another Bed and Breakfast in the same vicinity, but was dissatisfied with the amenities of the premises and felt that the price was far too high. After taking one look at the Swiss Palms wood floors, ice-cold air conditioners and strong shower heads, I knew that I would be staying at this place. After the first shower, I was convinced, that with the water shortage in Delhi, the Swiss Palms should win the award for the best shower for the whole city. Throughout the whole stay, the help (Prince and Mr. Mehta) made my stay much easier and more comfortable-whether I needed a taxi cab at 5 AM or train tickets to Agra, Mr. Mehta would even wake up at 4 in the morning to tell me my booking number for my trains when I was traveling. Additionally, the value was incredible for the area. Delhi to my surprise could be a pretty expensive city to find a flat or a BnB but the Swiss Palms proved to be exceptional amenities and service at a great price. One last thing. I had stayed at another BnB before moving to the Swiss Palms and felt that the owner was constantly fleecing me for an extra 200-300 rupees here and there. I felt that Mr. Mehta and his staff were always honorable and there were no hidden costs or any "favors" that I would end up having to pay for. This can be a big problem in Delhi, and having experienced it prior to my stay at the Swiss Palms, I very much appreciated the honesty and integrity of the Swiss Palms and its staff. I would strongly recommend the Swiss Palms.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2010

With a limited budget, we travelled to Delhi recently and were faced with a dilemma.. Choosing a good hotel..For those who have travelled to India, im sure they are well aware that what you see on a website is not what you get...We chose the Swiss Palms as our "Hotel" and ended up choosing a second home!

The Swiss Palms is Located in a secure compound in Maharani Bagh and close to Apollo, Escorts & Aiims hospital. A crisp clean hotel offering excellent rooms with all the comforts of home. A quote from the Hotels owner Mr.Aditya Mehta that stuck in my mind "Swiss Palms hotel is not in the centre of Delhi, but is closely located to everywhere you want to be" those words ring in my mind as I recall how close everywhere I wanted to be was...Lajpath Nagar, Connaught Place, Chandni Chowk, Karol Bagh. In addition it was a short drive away from Jama Masjid and for us most importantly Apollo Hospital. The best part was that coming back "home" was never a problem, all the taxis and auto's knew where Maharani bagh was and those that didnt knew the Gurdwara that was near Maharani Bagh which meant a 1 minute walk into the compounds main entrance from the main road.

The hotels service was excellent, the staff were friendly and very co-operative.(Thanks to Vishnu, Prince & Raj Kumar for their great service) The rooms were clean, neat and the beds comfortable. In the rare event that we wanted to watch TV we had over 100 channels to choose from. Everything in the room was in good working order from the AC's to the hot water. The decor in the rooms had been selected and matched well. The whole hotel was an "Internet hotspot" We believe we got the best value for our money!

Being a perfect tour guide, Aditya recommended where to go, what to see and also what to eat! Aditya on many occassions went well out of his way to ensure our stay was comfortable and a cab was available on hire at a very reasonable rate. As we were combining some medical procedures with a brief family holiday, Aditya made sure that we got to our scheduled appointments and on most occassions drove us down personally. A trip organised to the Taj was very successful leaving us with a lot of fond memories.

We are glad we stayed at the Swiss Palms and will NEVER search for another hotel in Delhi again... as we have a second home... and more importantly family members in Delhi.. Mr Aditya Mehta and his wonderful family.

The Cockar family personally wishes to thank the staff and Management of the Swiss Palms for the wonderful memories that we have come back with. A special thanks goes out to Aditya and the Mehta family for making our trip wonderful and memorable ....

• Stayed: May 2010
TSPDELHI, Owner at The Swiss Palms, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2010

Dear Ms Cockar,
I m overwhelmed to read your lovely comments about Swiss Palms. The long review written with such praise is touching.

It will propel us to strive for further betterment of our room quality & services.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm Regards,
Aditya

Reviewed April 7, 2010

Swiss Palms is a great place- nice rooms, convenient location, helpful staff. We came for a trade show at Pragati Maidan. Commute to show hall is close and convenient. Staff even helped us organize day trips and find a close gym to work out. Only downside is that the hotel is difficult for auto-rickshaws to find at first. Going to the outside gate and walking in is the easiest solution. I would recommend to a friend. Internet is great. Very fast.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Everything in the hotel were good.
Though there are few things I hope to see the change in the near future.
1. Internet access - I hope that any customer will love to use their lap top during stay even if they have to pay for it. Internet connection was, somehow, inconvenient.
2. Breakfast - Although I enjoy the service, it will be wonderful if you have more choices or different manu everyday.
3. Location - You need sign board on the street. I had difficulty to find out the hotel when I got back.

I loved the atmosphere of the hotel service and thier sincerity.
I love to be back to hotel when I get back to Delhi.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
TSPDELHI, Owner at The Swiss Palms, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2009

Dear Mr.Lee,
I appreciate your suggestions & am glad that you had a pleasant overall stay in my hotel. Though I would like to answer some of your concerns:-

The rooms in which you stayed in are newly built and wi-fi internet in those rooms was yet to be put up at that point of time. Those rooms are wi-fi now just like all our other rooms and our entire hotel is a wi-fi zone with strong & FREE internet connectivity for our guests.

I will surely add some more variety in the breakfast menu. This is a great suggestion.

I would love to see you again in Delhi soon.

Thanks for taking out time and writing a sincere review.
Aditya Mehta

Reviewed November 5, 2009

This is my first visit to new delhi,india, with the help of the local friends,i book the rooms in The Swiss Palms and stay at there for 5 nights,however,even this is not a big hotel.but it make me feel so comfortable and just give me a amazing feeling of being at home,the guys there are always on your services,they not only offer the good breadfast, local traditional india food,but also try to meet our needs during our staying,esp the owner of the hotel,Mr Adit,who is not handsome but very kind ! Next time if i still want to visit delhi,i will go to this hotel as well.So wonderful!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business