“incredibly tasty!”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chandni Chowk
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had the best food in India here. The chicken tikka was grilled on a wood grill, and you could taste it! The Mutton in the curry was as tender as meat gets and the brain curry was full of delicious flavours. I have to say this restaurant made me a big fan of Mughlai cuisine. The restaurant is a family business, and you can taste that they have perfectionized their recipes over many and more decades! You want original, tasty and high quality Indian food: Go there and taste it.

1  Thank Paul z

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Although Al Jawahar is next to Karim's, it does not get the kind of traffic its neighbour gets. In my view now Karim is highly exaggerated. The Mutton Qorma at Al Jawahar is really good, although they do not serve extra gravy if you request. In my case I am a good eater and as I was alone, I had some part of my Tandoori roti left over before I ran out of gravy. I think they should review this policy and may be charge a bit extra.

If you are ever arround Jama Masjid try this place you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

fantastic Muslim cuisine, clean place, reliable service, reasonably priced, always filled up with tourists and locals alike. Just opposite the Juma Masjid.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

we wanted to go to Karim's, which recently has some mixed reviews, so after two separate high recommendations from apparent credible sources, we decided to go to this place. very oily without flavour. shame. I can make it much tastier and I'm not Indian.

3  Thank karmooma
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Last saturday i went to Jama Masjid along with my friend to buy crackers/fireworks for his marriage. And we utilized the time and thought to enjoy the food in karims, but at last moment we decided to go to AL- Jawahar (next to karims hotel, jama masjid ) as we never been to this restaurant ever. After having food in Al-Jawahar, I cannot compare the taste with Karims. This place is just an ordinary muslim dhaba with typical items list and taste. We had chicken kabab, Mutton Korma, Chicken Jehangiri and Tandoori roti..and for all dishes we got an ordinary taste.

Initially, we ordered Mutton korma, chicken kebab and roti and we got the food on our table in couple of minutes, but later we ended up ordering chicken jehangiri which took almost 15-20 mins to get served which was very annoying. I would not prefer anyone to avoid Karims over Al-Jawahar if visiting Jama Masjid/Old delhi. Here are some pics of the food we had.

1  Thank varunJiya