“good budget hotel”

Ranked #199 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Kolkata
“good budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

Reception staff are courteous and cheerful.
Rooms and wash rooms are very clean.
Location ok.
getting hot water in the wash rooms is a problem at times.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

Oh, No, you didn't? ... was all we heard from locals when we told them we were staying here! Well ... we didn't actually stay here because they had been booked out (even though we booked and paid months in advance) and put us in the older style filthy Ajanta Hotel (which they also own). Check out the review on that hotel! Anyway ... pushy, persistant, rude and out to make as much as they can from you describes this hotel chain and the overwhelming Mrs Ravi (of Kher or what ever her name was because she kept changing it!) is like a smiling assasin. A shrewd business woman with a mean streak if she does not get her way describes her best. Be careful! Oh ... and dont bother getting your clothes laundered if they are a light colour ... they will come back a colour you have never seen before! Good luck if you choose this chain.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

Hey folks,

This August a friend of mine and myself visited Delhi. This was my first trip to Delhi and I was really confused as to which hotel I should choose. After going through websites of many hotels in Delhi I came across the website of Delhi City Centre.
Many people had voted in favour of this hotel and it seemed a good bet to me. I immediately called them and made a reservation. Our train was only till Hazrat Nizamuddin. When I reached there alongwith my friend there was a car from the hotel to pick us up. The Delhi City Centre is at a stone's throwaway distance from New Delhi Railway Station.

The hotel is in Pahadganj and is very conveniently located. The rooms are very spacious and I was impressed with the facilities. There are also internet facilities available at the hotel reception. The staff was also good and we had a nice 2 day stay at this hotel. The only bad point was that the food served at the restaurant was very expensive. But there is no need to worry. There are many good eat-outs close to the hotel. So you have many options.

Pros : Convenient Location, Great rooms, Affordable room rates

Cons: Food served at the restaurant is really expensive.

Overall I was very satisfied with my experience at Delhi City Centre

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank rockstar83
hoteldelhicitycentre, Manager at Hotel Delhi City Centre, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
We thank you for your appreciation. Glad you liked the service at Hotel Delhi City Centre. Our buffet breakfast consisting of a wide variety of dishes is Rs 200. We guarantee you will skip lunch.

Our Regards
Portsmouth, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

The stay here was fine, its a budget style hotel in India . The room was ok the shower worked the ac worked and it was 5 minutes from New Delhi train station.
Here's the but.........................................................................

But a year later I keep receiving odd (scam) e mails and for about the fourth time a phone call to my mobile now I don't answer the calls and I don't open the emails. But someone less cynical or more easily swayed could do and may well send the money, personal details etc that's requested.
So stay here for a cheap place near the train , but be aware that someone who works here is less than trustworthy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jaxandmarty
hoteldelhicitycentre, Manager at Hotel Delhi City Centre, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Glad you appreciated Ajanta Hotel in New Delhi. Yes the location is very central. We do not like to hassle our guests and will ensure no unnecessary mails are sent from our id.

Our Regards
kolkata
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed only for a night at this hotel and thank go for that. It is right behind its sister Ajanta Hotel. We chose it because we had to stay near New Delhi Railway Station to catch an early morning train. The room is pretty decent tucked away in a compartively quiter part of Arakashan Road in the notorious paharganj area. The loo was unclean, towels had stains and when we woke up at 4 a.m to take our bath, there was no hot water. The staff is full of leery men and unwilling to help in any way.
The entire paharganj area can be avoided. I have been a Delhi resident for 3 years and believe me karolbagh area, another 10 mins ahead is a much much better option.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank deepa78
It is our main aim to give good service to all our clients and we take all mails very seriously. It would really help if you give us your name so we can trace you and whatever problem you have.

Our Best Regards
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

I am very disappointed in the hotel .. the bathroom was not clean and allot pigeons hanging on the window all the trash , poop fall inside the bathroom nobody believe me and just laughing. the staff is unskilled that's the reason why the employers cant host guests.. And also I have right for a free breakfast they didn't give me coupon and restaurant employers didn't believe the first time. Delhi sightseeing was nice but the driver was dirty he talked about sex with policewomen if I want in that case I was in shock I think you are driving tourists you cant talk like that . After that I have more issues the important thing is for western tourists my advice don't go. and they working on the hotel right now , you cant sleep in the afternoon because your hearing allot of noisy from workers.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank suri_dj_1
Tirupur .tamilnadu
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

This is very bad hotel. I want many back for following issues.
# As per confirmation airport pick up is available & confirmed with hotel also. But not pickup done & I called hotel then provide me.In the reception they confirmed room no105. Have went to that room other hotel staffs are stay there. then asked them. immediately cleaned & it was taken 1 hour. i was waiting other room till clean my room.As per the my package 2 mineral water free. that also not provided. I asked & after checking they provided for me. My toilet tap was working very bad maintanance people. As per the package my preakfast free that also not provded then ask & he gave.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business