“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 1,049 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

I sayed in the BnB Chrysalis for 15 days, and I was truly sad to leave. I can't say enough about the staff. They are friendly, hard-working, all-around good people. The staff also respects guests' privacy, which is nice. The owner Mony is also a delight and treated us not only as guests, but as family. I felt completely safe in the BnB, even at night (very single-person friendly). The location is quiet, yet literally just a short walk from a bustling shopping area and fine dining. The rooms were large and comfortable, and the communal living area is nicely decorated and has comfy sofas and chairs and an impressive TV and travel book collection. I could go on and on singing the BnB's praises, but I'll leave it as this: My stay at the BnB Chrysalis marked my sixth extended stay in Delhi, and I have never been happier or more comfortable with my accommodations, even when compared to 5-star hotels. A real steal for the price - everything is included! You must stay here!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

Bnb Chrysalis is a excellent place to be with family , frnds, and also with ur bussiness asssociates, the staff is pretty warm and attentive . the homely atmosphere makes u think of it visiting again.. great service .. keep it up ...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Nice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

The BnB Chrysalis is located in a calm residential area, its staff is nice, friendly and discrete , something you really do appreciate after visiting Delhi by rickshaw.

• Stayed November 2009
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

I spent three nights at Chrysalis over Diwali. It was a great alternative to a hotel - the owner Moni is charming and generous and the team at the B&B exceptionally helpful, going out of their way to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable. Saket is a fun enclave - but don't expect Diwali fireworks all year round! - and the malls across the road very convenient. I can't recomemnd the place highly enough, for atmosphere, convenience and value.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
bolton,UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

If you visit Delhi there is no better place to stay than at Mony's BnB Chrysalis. We stayed in August 2009 with my two teenage daughters and elderly father and we are so glad that we chose BnB Chrysalis. We have nothing but praise for the accommodation, facilities, and the kind and honest welcome that we all received . In fact Mony and all of his staff went beyond what was expected and for that we are truly grateful. If you visit Delhi this is the only place to stay!

• Liked — The honest review and genuine kind hospitality
  • Disliked — No adverse comments!
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Patna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

After searching various websites we(I and My wife) found the webpage of BnB chrysalis where we found room’s images, Mony Jee (Owner of BnB Chrysalis) background and most importantly his family photograph which reflected the sensibility of a person towards each member’s involvement (Mony jee, his wife, his daughter, son, daughter in law, son in law and respective children) for own presentation in front of world, we wrote a mail on 15th May’ 2009 about room booking for 05 days & 04 nights in June 2009 i.e 2nd June to 6th June evening.

Quick Response Mechanism: - Within one hour I got the confirmation of room booking through mail along with the rebate of 15% on day basis tariff as it was the booking of 05 days & 04 nights and my request of rebate was warmly accepted by Mony Jee.

Warm welcome at arrival: - On 2nd June 2009 we reached New Delhi Station and it took 45 Minutes & Rs.350 as a taxi fare to reach BnB chrysalis situated at Saket. When we entered inside I was surrounded by four or five lovely smiles which were reflecting that we came to meet our relatives and all were waiting for us. We were not stopped for the entry in a register as it was great sensibility among them that person need to be freshen out first. Here also we were touched by them.

What we felt in the room: As a hardcore professional & person we saw our bed, quality of bed sheet, Bathroom, Wardrobe and most importantly I was breathing deeply to smell the room’s air as it was so natural and without any sort of smell. It was good to have so many written stickers for self supportive mechanism. We were smiling and my wife thanked me that everything is superb here.

First Interaction with Mony Jee: On the very first day we meet with Mony Jee. CANDIDLY, FORSOOTHLY AND REALLY he is a complete package of Humanity rather than a commercial man. I requested him about the list of branded location and he confirmed me about all these demands after getting confirmation from his daughter Raleena. We got the invitation on his daughter’s house for Lunch and we were sensing we are visiting relatives as who has that much time in this professional place to call you and provide you such precious time from their working hours?

Service of BnB: It is a simple indicator that we remembered all name on our first day, Archana (Written Work & Documentation), Swapan (Cook for Dinner), Kusum (Logistic Arrangements for Room) and other two females for several assistance. Milk and Chocolates after night meal gave us nice touch & satisfaction to our Tongue, Heart, Stomach and Mind. We got vehicle on day basis at nominal rate and overall it was more than satisfactory.

Bottom Line: It stands well on a statement “home away from home”. Nice rooms, nice peoples, nice tariff charts, nice & quick service, nice time and most important nice memory which will call me again & again to this place if I am in Delhi and staying in Delhi.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Service, Response System, Food Quality, Attitude & Behavior
  • Disliked — NOT APPLICABLE
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
divisha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

We stayed at BnB Chrysalis for two night last month, and it was a wonderful. The people were so gracious and freindly. The rooms were large and clean with air conditioning that worked. Good bathrooms too, which can be rare in India. We got breakfast served in the morning. The gentleman who owns the place was kind enough to organize a good dinner at the BnB on the last night, and his driver dropped us off to the airport in the middle of the night. Noone wanted extra tips, or was overly intrusive. It is by far the best place you can stay in in Delhi. The hotel is in south Delhi and close to a big mall called CityWalk, which is as good as the ones in Gurgaon, and much less crowded. Highly recomennded!

• Liked — the service, price
  • Stayed April 2009