BnB Chrysalis
The Suryaa(New Delhi)
$86
$62
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
All reviewsother guestsb bhome away from homemr monymalviya nagarhomely feelingtea and coffeeliving roomplace to staywonderful hospitalitysouth delhiwonderful stayan oasisindian foodcomfortable staykusummoni
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed at BnB Chrysalis on two occasions in October, for a total of 11 nights, whilst conducting academic research in Delhi. Right from the beginning, Mony, the owner, went out of his way to assist me and was both generous and informative in his email responses. I thoroughly enjoyed the two complimentary evening meals that were organized by Mony at the property - a great idea, which gave guests an opportunity to meet and socialize together. Mony also very kindly invited me to his family's Diwali celebration which was very enjoyable.

The room itself was comfortable and had everything you might need. It may be worth mentioning that for hot water for the shower you need to switch on the geyser in the bathroom half an hour before showering (which I didn't realize at first!).

One of the highlights of my stay was the wonderful and very tasty food cooked by Sapan, the cook and his wife, Kusum, the housekeeper. It was very good value, comprised big portions and was delicious! Sapan and Kusum and their family were very friendly, efficient and helpful and made my stay both comfortable and enjoyable. I especially enjoyed watching Diwali fireworks with them!

The close proximity to the shopping mall (a short walk/rickshaw ride away), with many shops, restaurants and two supermarkets, was also a bonus.

Lastly, Mony organized a driver/interpreter for me - Rajesh, of Royal Support Services, who went out of his way to help me and is also a very nice person. I highly recommend him!

All in all my stay at BnB Chrysalis was wonderful and I look forward to going back! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lizs969
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The stay was wonderful and Man Bahadur and Sunita were always very pleasant and accommodating with our requests all throughout our stay. We were very apprehensive of how the stay would turn out, but now I know that anyone who stays at MICASA would rarely venture to a different place for repetitive visits. The location would be a slight inconvenient for those who prefer in the middle of shopping areas.but all 6 of us who stayed there were in unison about the good choice we made

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Stayed as a family in two rooms two days at a time thrice over September. Right from the airport pick up to the drop off everything was arranged impeccably. We stayed in all the four rooms and all are excellent. Sapan and Kusum were excellent in every aspect. Mony looked in to check and greet us. Tasty home cooked food by Sapan. Nearby mall could supply all your needs including excellent food. Good location, but the Metro is a good km and a bit away.
A faultless place to stay in Delhi, be it for self or for the family

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I travel frequently to India and often have a 14 h lay over in Delhi. We stay in BnB Chrysalis to relax and recover from the traveling while in Delhi. Its a very friendly, nice and clean place that feels like a home away from home for us. I stayed in 4 and 5 stars hotels in Delhi that dont meet the standard Chrysalis has. They have a fantastic cook and you will have to make quite some effort before you find a restaurant in Delhi that matches his food. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were forced to make last minute arrangements for our accommodation in Delhi for most of the month of August. After phoning around most of the recommended B&B's/guest houses listed on Trip Advisor we decided on Chrysalis BnB. We couldn't have made a better choice! From our initial contact with Mony, the owner, to the generous, kind and attentive hospitality of husband and wife team, Sapan and Kusum, our stay was relaxing, comfortable and the home immaculately kept. The location of the BnB deserves a special mention. As others have remarked, the BnB is adjacent to one of the leading shopping malls and is close by a metro station (the metro system in Delhi is new and very good). The BnB is located in a quiet street off the main road which is locked after 11pm at night. We stayed in, if I recall, the Emerald room at the back which was peaceful and well equipped with free WiFi, satellite TV and air conditioning. Should we need to return to Delhi we will definitely stay at the Chrysalis again!

Room Tip: Do be sure to try Sapan's cooking which is absolutely fantastic as well as great value for money!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business