“A home away from home”
Review of BnB Chrysalis

BnB Chrysalis
Ranked #10 of 1,135 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2011

From the moment I came into contact with Mony and Archana from BnB Chrysalis I knew it was where I wanted to stay when I was in Delhi. And as soon as I arrived at the BnB, I knew I had made the right choice. Staying there was nicer and more comfortable than any hotel I had stayed at over the past 6 months of my travels. It was the perfect combination of feeling like home but still having all the ammenities of a hotel/BnB. The location is also great and very convenient. The only thing I was sad about is that I didn't stay longer! I have already recommended the BnB to other friends that travel to Delhi and will continue to do so. It is perfect for solo travelers as well as couples and families.

Thanks again to the family and I will see you again soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed June 8, 2011

found this place through trip advisor and as the reviews say its an amazing place .its very neat and clean,.the staff very helpful,warm and actually go out of the way to help you.
sapan the cook is amazing.
its like staying at ones home.it has a great location .
we were given complimentary dinner .unlimited supply of tea, coffee.there is free WiFi
was very touched by the hospitality of mony.its amazing to come across people like him.
in a place like Delhi its rare to find such a reasonable place with the kind of services the B&B provides .i had a early check in and a late check out and they were so accommodating with no extra cost.
have stayed here twice and will definitely stay in the future.
B&B chrysalis is comparable to any international b&b especially Europe where i have traveled extensively.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had a great stay(4 nights at the end of March) at the BnB Chrysalis and highly recommend Mony and his home away from home.

We were usually gone in the morning and exploring most of our days, but it was a pleasure coming home to a cozy, well air conditioned room with a king sized bed, large bathrooms and a great location near the CityWalk Mall. It might sound like a trifle to mention the mall, especially when traveling to India, but it was very comforting being able to get food, drinks, even a foot massage after a long day of exploring. This is the most western and modern mall we visited in either Mumbai or Delhi, so it'll definitely put some people at ease knowing familiar accommodations are only a 2 minute walk up the street.

Our trip to India was the most exhausting trip of our lives, but also one of the most memorable. Mony's hospitality and that of his staff made it pleasant to come home and relax at the end of a long day.

We strongly recommend spending a day or more using the Metro to explore the city. It's modern and branches out to almost any pertinent tourist area. After spending numerous days fighting the above-ground hustle and bustle of India, the Metro was a welcome change of pace.

On the flip side, we don't recommend the drive to Agra. Try the Shatabdi Express train. The drive was too long, too many shoddy roads, the A/C in the car was marginal and it was a disconcerting 5.5 hrs return trip (we stopped at Fatephur Sikri). That's the only negative of our entire trip, and it has nothing to do with Mony and his fine BnB.

In summary, the BnB Chrysalsis is a wonderful value, and a comforting place to rest in a vibrant and hectic city. Mony truly cares about his travelers and makes their trip as rewarding an experience as possible. He treats you like family.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I booked this B&B from Canada for one night stay. The owner arranged my pick from the airport, helped me to do last minute shopping, and transferred to the airport the next day. My stay was very pleasant, nice food, good room, an excellent choice! Thank you Mony for everything!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ateessa
Reviewed May 16, 2011

As a hospitality professional working for an international luxury hotel chain, I undoubtedly have high standards. BNB Chrysalis met and exceeded them all! The place (according to my mum and sisters who stayed there) was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The food (breakfast included and other meals available on request) are finger-lickin' good with tea and coffee 24hrs.
But the best part is the people who run the place. Right from the proprietor to the cleaning help..... all gracious and polite to the last. Nothing is too much trouble, no request (and I had plenty!) too big. The genuine warmth and care was evident when I spoke to the properitor on teh phone and also when my family stayed there. Suffice to say, I'm staying here every time I head to New Delhi.....I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. No 5-star can match what BNB C has to offer!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We arrived very early on the flight from London and were greeted with smiles and a spacious, clean room with air conditioning. We were fed breakfast and packed off to bed; it was no trouble to register later, when we woke up. What a huge relief after our long flight! Mony and the staff at BnB Chrysalis can't do enough to for you. The rooms are large, as are the beds, and everything is very clean. You can help yourself to tea and coffee throughout the day and there's a lounge with a TV (not used by us) and internet access if you need it--very handy to check on location of next hotel. It was a real pleasure to meet Mony and to discuss everything from the excessive use of the horn in Indian driving to the philosophy of happiness, all over a delicious, complimentary dinner, replete with excellent Indian wine. I would DEFINITELY stay again and highly recommend this excellent guest house.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The best thing that could have happened was our original bnb cancelling on us a week before we arrived, otherwise we wouldn’t have discovered the B&B Chyrsalis. It is an excellent place to stay particularly for first timers in Delhi, is in a good safe location, and just 5 minutes walk from shops and shopping center.

All the good things said by previous reviewers are correct. Regarding the stairs, firstly, Sapan and Kusum were willing, eager and happy to carry our suitcases up and down for us, and secondly, if you can’t manage them here you really shouldn’t be visiting India--every fort and many other sites have lots and lots and lots of them.

My husband and I have traveled all over the world at different levels of service and accommodation, from 5 star to no star. If you're after a 5 star luxury hotel experience then this isn't the place for you, it’s plain and basic; but if you're looking for a warm welcome, a home-cooked breakfast, and all the amenities you need such as free bottled water, free internet, and a bathroom shower that delivers a strong flow of piping hot water, then this is the place for you.

I strongly suggest you request an evening meal--Sapan’s cooking was the best we had anywhere and we eagerly looked forward to enjoying it again on our return to Delhi.

Oh, and I mustn’t forget Mony, the owner, a joy to visit with and a very intelligent and kind man.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family