“Good price, A/C room, good shower, good location”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Cottage Crown Plaza
Ranked #459 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We came here once in 2008, but then I forgot their name so didn't write a review. We had a good enough room then, we were both sick at the time, and the staff were very nice to us, so we found them again and came back.

For 950 a night we think it's very good. Of course everything is basic, but room is clean, with good A/C, good hot shower (which is very important to me). Security is good too. They arranged taxi for us to go to the airport - at the correct price - 300. They also have a guy who helped us get bus tickets to Jaipur - he was very helpful. Staff here are friendly.

I'd recommend this one to everybody.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovingindia

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was so nice to have this room to come back to after the crazyness of the Delhi streets. It was clean, quiet and the A\C worked well! There were mass power outages in Delhi the time I stayed but the hotel had a backup system which was great in the Delhi heat. The staff are not overly friendly but if you have any questions they will help. The only possible bad thing I noticed was that there wasn't always hot water and although this didn't bother me as it was summer, might be a bit cold in winter.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xscorcho
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have just embarked on a solo trip around India and this was the first hotel that I stayed in on arrival in Delhi. I chose the Pahar Ganj area in a bid to meet other travellers but this was limited in this hotel. The lobby area measured no more than 2 metres by 4 metres with two stools, so interaction was extremely limited. Considering the majority of places that you can stay in Pahar Ganj this is definitely towards the upper end of the scale in terms of quality but it is average. The bathroom was not spotless and the vent was not covered so lots of mosquitoes entered the bathroom this way (and into the bedroom as they kept leaving the door open). The bedroom was clean and the air conditioning worked (albeit extremely noisy). The room did have cable tv which is a nice addition if you are on your own. Lobby staff were welcoming and kind, but some of the staff would loiter in the corridors upstairs - irritating and disconcerting when you are a solo female traveller. Good location and certainly a safe room in terms of security. Staff are eager to sell you a tour and insist they are giving you a good price - this is rarely the case in Delhi and my taxi trip around Delhi proved that this was also the case at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank citybreak17
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Rooms were clean and quiet for the most part. There was no hassle when you arrived and they did not try and rip you off! A little dark but all with air conditioning and colour TV.

Room Tip: Always get them to show you the room before you agree to staying so you are both happy with the arra...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jesk13
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The cheap rooms here are a little dark, but other than that are a good value--decent sized, clean, and come with TVs and hot showers. We arrived late with a reservation and the only room left was a deluxe room facing the street--it was definitely a much nicer room, but for twice the price, it wasn't worth it on our budget.

The staff were hit or miss--one guy at the front desk wouldn't let us call out to order a pizza, which was a pain. Another guy came to our door every night asking us if we wanted beer, or laundry done, or a massage. At first it was just funny, but it got a little old after awhile.

Room service comes from a nearby restaurant. The Indian food was OK, but the Italian was totally disgusting.

Overall, it's in a good location, and the price was reasonable for the quality of the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Californienne1980
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I reserved a room here in September 2011, which was confirmed by email by a Mr Baweja and re-confirmed the day before my arrival in India.

When i reached the hotel, i found my reservation was no where to be found. They then sent me to the sister hotel Cottage Crown Plaza which had no free rooms either.

Without any kind of explanation, I was then sent to the most grubby hotel i stayed in during my entire stay in India, allbeit for the same price. It was past midnight and I was so tired, i took the room, but found myself another hotel the next day.

I have rated my experience as poor as opposed to terrible, as i never actually managed to stay at the guest house.

This review is a warning of overbooking, and poor customer service here.

Mr Baweja, what happened to my reservation ?

I suspect the staff here are relying on publicity generated by their listing in the lonely planet .... i shall be writing to the LP as well..

Very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank CSMLondon
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here twice is September 2011, for 5 nights all together.
This guest house is situated in Pahar Ganj, a 15 minute walk from the New Delhi train station & a 3 minute walk from the Metro (Rama Krishna Ashram Marg station). This is Pahar Ganj with the indescribable smell, filth, pollution and craziness that Pahar Ganj is, so don't expect clean air or a 4 star hotel. That said, if you do choose to stay in Pahar Ganj, Cottage crown Plaza is a good budget option.
The AC worked well, shower was hot, TV worked fine, service was good and it was not noisy. On top of all, I did not encounter a single mouse in the hotel (although I assume there were) and for Pahar Ganj this is impressive.
I paid 900 rs. for a room per night. I know that others bargained and paid less.
By the way, the photo of the lobby on Tripadvisor, is not connected to reality. In reality, this guest house has no real lobby.

Room Tip: A pone notifying the staff how badly I hate mice, they recommended I stay on the top floor and so I...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo