“Beautiful Place, Good Breakfast”

Hotel The Royal Plaza
Ranked #73 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Mineral Wells, Texas
“Beautiful Place, Good Breakfast”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 5 nights during our 3 week trip to India. The hotel is beautiful, and the breakfast buffet was amazing. (It was included in our package). The staff is quite attentive. They sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me flowers and a cake!. They even arranged to let the hotel we were checking in to that night in Jaipur know that it was birthday!.
The rooms we stayed in were very small, and you could hear everything going on around you in the hall. (The elevators are very quiet, tho) They charge the equivalent of $5.00 US for 30 minutes on the internet in the business center. The food in the Jasmine restaurant is way over-priced. 2 bowls of soup, a cup of black tea, and a cup of coffee were about $35.00 US.

Room Tip: Since our room was part of a package to India, I don't know the cost, but do not stay in a small...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here three nights and it was a good experience. Rooms are good size and very clean. Location is very good, Only couple of minutes from New Delhi metro station and from there you can reach every part of new Delhi. We experienced travelling with metro best since although there are many people it is hassle free and well arranged/clean. Great deals available online .
We advise you to take a Royal suite instate of a deluxe room. Bed and room are bigger. Also the breakfast is very nice.

Room Tip: We advise you to take a Royal suite instate of a deluxe room. Bed and room are bigger. Also the bre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My experience with this hotel is the only one in Delhi...I wouldn't be surprised if the rest are similar!

The hotel lobby is gorgeous! The rooms are completely outdated! The towels are so old that nomatter how much they are washed...they will remain dirty!!!! I had a tiny room with a double sized bed at best, made me not want to be in the room! Also a/c and wifi are horrible.

The pool...if you are a female, during the weekdays the hotel obviously runs many confrences...the pool and confrence room are located side by side. Therefore you will be oogeled by all the men.

During the weekend don't expect to enjoy yourself at the pool or in your room. The hotel hosts private student dj pool parties. Your room will be viabrating until 8pm!

Food is hit or miss. Love the dosas, butter chicken and lamb...the spread is rather lacking and basic. Also it is overpriced.

Bottom line stay here only for location

• Stayed July 2013
Munassir, Manager at Hotel The Royal Plaza, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is unfortunate that the hotel services did not reflect the quality you expected from us and I am really concerned that we did not live up to your expectation. Your feedback on service gives us an insight towards the area of improvement at our end. At Royal Plaza New Delhi we always consider that the comments are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level reaching at our full potential. You are our valued guest and your feedback is important to us. It has always been our focus to provide consistently high quality service to all our guests, and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and we do hope you will not benchmark us with the shortcomings you had experienced and will give us an opportunity to serve you better. We always pride on our services and regret any lapse on our part. Hoping to get an opportunity to welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Delhi (NCR).

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed in Royal Plaza on my business trip , in Maharani Suit . These rooms are quite specious and with wooden flooring . Nice bed with comfortable blankets . A C is excellent in the most Hot days of Delhi . Room service is quite fast . Complimentary breakfast is very nice with different Indian dishes as well as little western also served . Service at breakfast time is fast and good . Swimming pool is on ground floor and in the evening you can enjoy coffee or any drinks on pool side tables. No noise in the rooms .
This hotel is very near to Connaught place the most happening and commercial area of Delhi and you can say heart of Delhi . Metro train station , airport metro station , New Delhi Railway station are also near to this hotel around 10 minutes by taxi . International Airport is around 45 minutes by taxi but anybody can come by Airport metro and than take taxi to this hotel which is quite easy and cheap in price .. Many other five star hotels are nearby to this hotel . Janpath the famous street of connaught place is on walking distance .

Room Tip: Ask for Pool view rooms and on high floors .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nipun_world
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel The Royal Plaza New Delhi among luxury hotels in new delhi . I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm visiting Delhi 3-4 times every year and for the first time I chose this hotel for its central location in Delhi and reasonable rates. After my 3 night stay I know that I will choose this hotel for my future visits to Delhi also as I was completely satisfied with their service and facilities. The hotel staff showed a professional attitude (means to me that they really listened and helped, and I could recognize that it was important for them to serve the guests wishes...) towards a couple of requests I had. I have been living and travelling in India for the last 11 years and I have seen many hotels. I would really recommend it

Room Tip: City view is beautiful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest ,
It is indeed a pleasure to know you have such high regards towards The Royal Plaza New Delhi hospitality and product on offer which brings you back to stay with the hotel on your visit to delhi . I appreciate your time taken to write a review and your generous compliments. We are persistent and passionate to align our associates in order to offer personalized service ensuring our guests Royal experience I look forward to welcome you soon on your next visit.

Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just stayed here recently for 3 nights and was pleasantly surprised.

I booked and paid through makemytrip.com and was very unhappy with that website, they didn't honor the price they advertised. This was not the hotel's issue, this was purely makemytrip so I will avoid using them for hotels again.

The hotel is in a great location. The lobby is lovely, the room was spacious, comfortable, the bathroom was up to date and the wifi was strong. The only downside was that on Sunday afternoon's there's a pool party with a DJ. This could be a big bonus depending what age you are, but the music was so loud that it was vibrating through the whole hotel. I couldn't find a place where I couldn't feel the thumping and hear it. It happened to also be a very rainy Sunday and that didn't stop people from drinking by the pool. It wasn't my idea of a good time but people were definitely having a good time. I just couldn't get away from it while I was in the hotel.

The staff was courteous and responsive. Both restaurants had good food, although a bit overpriced for me, but I that is what happens in hotel. It has the charm and atmosphere of old India. It's very good choice.

Overall it was a very comfortable stay and I'd stay there again if I found a good online deal. I probably wouldn't pay the full price for a room, but you can find some great online deals.

Room Tip: If you're there on a Sunday choose a higher floor away from the pool if you don't want to be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jennifer B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel The Royal Plaza among luxury hotels in New Delhi . I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you on your next visit. I regret any inconvenience caused during your stay because of pool party .
Look forward to welcome you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked this purely off the description and photo's from the website.
it was pretty average.
they didn't respond to my email to be picked up from the airport.
the photo's do not match the website.

it just felt not very good. i checked out before I even ate breakfast, or had another hotel booking.

that said. i didn't have a "bad experience" per se. but it just didn't feel nice and i wanted to get outta there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank grazmulcahy
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for your valuable feedback! It is very unfortunate that your experience at hotel did not reflect the quality you expected from us and I am really concerned that we did not live up to your expectation. You are our valued guest and your feedback is important to us. At Royal Plaza we always consider that the comments are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level reaching at our full potential. The shortfalls and delays that you experienced as highlighted by you have been addressed to the concerned departments . I would also request you to send us your contact details on our email address onlineresv@hoteltheroyalplaza.com so that we can speak to you in person. It is our constant endeavor to provide a consistently high quality service to all our valued guests and we therefore regret to have let you down on this occasion and sincerely apologize for the same. I do hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of your last experience and will give us an opportunity to improve and serve you better. We look forward for another opportunity to regain your confidence in our products and services and hope to see you with us soon; ensuring best of services delivered to you.