WINNER WONDERLAND

Hotel The Royal Plaza
Ranked #74 of 704 Hotels in New Delhi
“Fabulos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

A wel run hotel quiet elegant and very clean with an eye catching lobby. The rooms were well appointed and beds were beautifully comfortable.The service was attentive without exception over all.
with delhi being an intensive place to visit this was an oasis to recharge our batteries

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Munassir, Manager at Hotel The Royal Plaza, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating Royal Plaza new Delhi. It is the motivation and generous appreciation by guests such as yourself that align and engage the hotel's team to excel in offering outstanding guest experience to our guests. I look ahead to your next visit.

Manager online

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent hotel in the city centre. I have bee staying in the city for more that 10 years and Royal Plaza is the best on offers if you book online . In othe words worth the money you pay. The breakfast had a wide spread . Great Gym and Great services over all . No Complaints . would definetely visit again

Room Tip: Check for room upgrade at check in
Dear Guests

Warm Greetings from Royal Plaza New delhi! Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy that we are your preferred choice of stay during your visits to New Delhi.
We are extremely delighted that you liked our hotel, the breakfast & quality of accommodation .

Navi Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here in a very luxury room,last time, when it was Ramada Hotel.I preferred this time also to stay here assuming that I will be allotted similar room.I didnot realise that there will be number of categories.This time also I went thru an agent as I was discouraged direct booking.When I enterd the hotel,I got it a rich look.The hotel has an excellent property--a royal look,good decor,excellent ambience.One enjoys the luxury.But the approach to the rooms on 8th floor gives a low cost budget hotel environment.Inside--congested and stinking.An approach to 19th floor room (got the room shifted)gives you a budget hotel environment.Once you enter, you experience a better rom size but not impressive amenities.(Oriental Suite)Minibar -nil.There is nothing inside.One complimentary water bottle with only one in waste of time.Miserliness is redefined.The quality of coffee maker needs little improvement.Coffee House is good.Breakfast is served here.Breakfast is very good.Service of staff is here is better ....But again miserliness.AC was switched on inside the coffee house (place where I was sitting)when I requested for it.Service from House keeping was impressive An excellent evening environment near Swimming pool.I liked it.SPA was well maintained though I did not experience.Next time I stay ,I will be careful about selection of room.Certainly not Base Category--which is misguided as Deluxe room.Oriental Suite also does not get free Wi - Fi.This hotel continues to have Luxury ,but needs certain improvements.

Room Tip: Pl Select the room after going through the category of room very carefully to avoid confusion over c...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Munassir, Manager at Hotel The Royal Plaza, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review.

I fully understand what you would have gone through and it is not acceptable, as these are very basic expectations from a corporate traveler.

With reference to your feedback, I assure you that the corrective measures have been taken up and we look forward to welcome you soon to New Delhi for a renewing experience.
In your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Manager online
email: onlineresv@hoteltheroyalplaza.com
Cheshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Plaza twice during a recent trip to India. The hotel is located in the embassy area of New Delhi, not far from the commercial centre around Connaught Place and the broad tree lined avenues leading to the Lutyens designed government buildings around India Gate.The lobby is sumptuous with Italian marble, statues and frescoes and has a very comfortable seating area with plenty of leather sofas and a pianist in the evening. The staff are friendly and there is a good Chinese restaurant within the hotel. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the rooms were quiet and comfortable with large walk-in showers and good views over all the trees and parkland nearby. In the evening there is a large outdoor walled garden which is ideal for sitting in with a beer and listening to all the sounds from the surrounding city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zeusco
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now. During my first stay, I found the room to be average and the service to be lacking. On the most recent trip, the room was awful. There is mold in the bathroom, the hair dryer is broken and the odor is foul. The level of service at the front desk and throughout the hotel is marginal. Surprisingly, the gentle coutesy and friendly smiles that are familiar to this country are noticeably absent in the employees of The Royal Plaza.
For a hotel in this price range in a capital city I would certainly expect a much higher standard. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the Shangri La next door.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for an honest feedback of your experience at the hotel and would like to assure that your pointers have been addressed with the concerned departments.

We take our guests' experience as a learning to train our associates for delivering a memorable experience.
I urge you to please treat this experience as an aberration to our normal standards and give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon

Munassir Warisi Khan

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I found this hotel to be very comfortable. The lobby is over the top with decorations such as painted ceilings, statues and comfortable seating areas. There is an outdoor garden/pool area with wifi. The restaurant is good and appears very clean. The breakfast buffet is terrific with many choices including eggs made to order.

The rooms very spotless. I stayed in a small suite for my second stay but a regular sized room at first. The beds were comfortable and the a/c worked great. Good views from the higher floors.

We were allowed to use the spa (free) for showers at the endof the day that we had already checked out before lying home to the US. Good value and clean. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a higher floor that is non smoking if that is important to you. Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Hotel Royal Plaza among luxury hotels in new delhi

I am glad you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

we arrived at 11.45 at night and we had informed that we are not having rooms and we will be transfer to another hotel for one night the suggested hotel was poor hotel and we have refused to go there,
whan i asked to speck with the general manager of the hotel suddenly they informed us the there are rooms in the hotel and we have got the suits it was after 0100 at night!!!!!!!
this is not a service i am very dissaponted from the service,
poor service!!!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank Amiram R
Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Royal Plaza New Delhi and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am very disappointed to learn that we were unable to meet your needs hence without any specifics can only apologize for the inconvenience you encountered, although I can assure you that this is not typical of our otherwise high standards we aim to achieve.

We sincerely hope that you may reconsider staying with us again as we would obviously welcome another opportunity in welcoming you back to Royal Plaza in the near future under revised circumstances.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.