“Perfect”

Ranked #73 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Visited this hotel for Formula 1 weekend (27-30 October) Everything was great - nise and clean rooms, pleasant staff! Eating is VERY expensive for India (approx. 4000 rup. for two persons) but VERY tasty! If visit New Dehli again - will stop in this hotel for sure! Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank sergei_koroleff
Munassir, Manager at Hotel The Royal Plaza, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
The entire team at the hotel is delighted and motivated by your comments. We are happy to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Your comments have been duly shared with the team down the line.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manager Online

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel accommodation and food was generally satisfactory, as was expected from this hotel.
Unfortunately the same cannot be said of their customer service, accounting/billing departments. I arranged and paid for a "hotel to airport transfer" with them, paying by credit card with PIN number On arriving home and checking my credit card statement, I found they made another charge to my card ($41.00), a charge for which I have no knowledge and is totally unauthorised by me, My credit card details for this second transaction were, I believe, taken illegally from my original authorised transaction. I have e-mailed the hotel 3 times, requesting confirmation of receipt of my e-mails and explaination of the unauthorised charge but have not had the courtesy of a reply or explaination of the charge

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank charles t
Dear Guest ,
I appreciate the time and effort taken to write an honest review of your recent experience at the hotel and would like to express my regret on having to experience inconvenience at our cashier desk.
I am surprised to know that you have been charged second time on credit card without any authorisation from your end as hotel do not allow any such transactions. Do share your reservation detail with us to investigate the matter .
We value our guest and assure best services all times

Manager Onlne
email : onlineresv@hoteltheroyalplaza.com
Kisumu, Kenya
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived late but Check In was quick and reception staff are very friendly.
The GRO gave us a tour earlier when we wanted to pay in advance. Lovely hotel.
Though we didn't manage to experience the breakfast spread, family & friends really praise it.
Nice rooms, clean bathrooms, well-stocked mini-bar, very low noise as we were on the 18th floor.
Guest security scanning was also well organised.

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid New Delhi traffic noise
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Guran B
Dear Guest,
Firstly I would like to thank you on choosing to stay at Royal Plaza.
I am very delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay at the hotel and that you have carried back fond memories of our hospitality and product on offer.
Looking forward to welcome you soon on your next visit to Delhii

Munassir warisi Khan
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

A great hotel and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, including the surprise birthday cake in my room. The range of food at breakfast meant there was something for everyone and eating it on the terrace outside was a pleasure.

2 Thank Jones J
Dear Guest,
I truly appreciate your taking the time to review your experience with the hotel. It is indeed a delight to know that you have taken away with you cherished moments.
We ensure our guest experience is a personalized one
I look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Munassir warisi Khan
Hjorring, Denmark
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Before I start with my bad reviews of this hotel, I make a short intro about on the areas they are good at.

The interior is quite okay. The Victorian-inspired interior of the lobby is good. I also love the smell of the smell of the lobby. I love the camphor-menthol oils they used. The room-service was also okay.

The bad areas.

The staff were unfriendly, unaccommodating and little disrespectful. They should be taught what PR is all about. They should be taught these simple words: Thank you, Welcome and most importantly PLEASE. Such a dismay to be dealing with people at the lobby who do not know these simple words. The people at the bars were also aloof. I don't expect a king-like treatment. But I deserve that when they serve, they are happy to serve.

The breakfast is a big disappointment. This hotel is a little expensive compared to some hotels in Delhi and I was expecting that the breakfast will be superb. The fruits that they served seemed like have been sliced several days ago and overiped.

The interiors of the room were a little bit old and badly need renovation.

The Wifi. UGH! Expensive and verrrrrrrrrrrrry slow!

Concierge. Just beware if you are planning to ask their help for some tours.

1 Thank CarloLazado
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to share an honest review of the hotel.
It is our endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel as an ambassador of our product and services. In your case, we have clearly failed to do so.
We appreciate your feedback in the true spirit of constructive assessment and effectively utilize them to reiterate our commitment towards maintaining high quality service deliverables.
I fully understand what you would have gone through and it is not acceptable, as these are very basic expectations from a corporate traveler.
My Operations team responsible has been spoken to and appropriate corrective measures have been taken.
I urge you to please treat this experience as an aberration to our normal standards and give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Thanks and Regards
Manager Online

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Plymouth, United Kingdom

A great place to stay.
Very attentive service with plenty of staff at all times of the day - even at 2am.
good location - safe to walk the streets outside - although with very friendly tuk-tuk and taxi drivers on hand you are just a short hop to connaught place.

EXCELLENT breakfast buffet - indian and western .... all cooked in front of you by some GREAT chefs.

I really enjoyed my stay here .... do plan on eating and drinking out though if you want to get much more beer and food for your rupees - the bar prices rival major cities in England!

OVERALL ..... you can't go wrong here - they are so very helpful.

1 Thank DrMarkyMark
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to learn that you had a great experience at the hotel.
I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that service rendered by my team contributed to the memories. Your appreciation motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests and your kind words instill further confidence in our product and services we offer to our guests.

Looking forward to welcome you soon on your next visit to Delhi.

Thanks and Regards
Munassir warisi khan
Navi Mumbai
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Royal Plaza is a clean, beautiful and a confortable hotel in central Delhi. The rooms however small are fully equipped to extend you the necessary confort and indulgence. Their breakfast at 24 hrs Coffee shop, I recall, known as Luteyans Delhi offers one of the best Indian Breakfast. It has mix of West, South India, Punjab and unmatchable Chandni Chawk, true indulgence. Mr. Ashok Mittal, who I learnt later, owning this property is personally there, to pamper you with Indian delecacies.
Overall it was a good value for money.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business