“Very good location but .....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel SPB 87

Hotel SPB 87
Ranked #510 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Bhubaneswar, India
“Very good location but .....”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while returning from Kathgodam . Location is very good. Rooms are spacious but in some rooms you will not find windows. Bathrooms are spacious but this hotel is in serious need of refurbishing. Mr. Brajesh was very helpful in booking and confirming over mail.
They provide buffet breakfast as part of package, but don't expect much. Puri- sabji , butter-jam toast and tea is all you will get. But I am not complaining. For the price I paid , I was very much satisfied. For one or two day ,one can think of staying Here. It is definitely VFM.

Room Tip: Look for rooms having windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel staff are very nice. The rooms are clean but room service needs to be improve.overall was good experience. The hotel is located near a metro station which makes movement very easy. Kripa needs to get a cook goosh didn't eat a meal through out my stay cos the food was not good the first and only day I tried.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank koks123
DC
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I arrived in New Delhi without having made train reservations for the next day. The owner Kripa personally took me to the train station and made sure I got reserved trained tickets. This was to the real tourist office, so there was no inflating of the price. He and his brother also helped arrange accommodations in the other city for a few days. I had numerous problems getting my Airtel SIM card to work and he resolved those. Then I found out that my supposedly global Verizon smartphone is effectively locked because there is no option to set the APN (Even customer service doesn't know about this). Kripa was hosting a Samsung training at the hotel and he got me a new Samsung phone at dealer cost. One day as I was having some internet connection problems, I reset the modem for the hotel and actually ended up messing up the whole internet connection. Kripa took me to another hotel around the corner (Nice Palace) and let me use the internet at their lobby while the Internet got fixed the next day at SPB 87. He also changed my dollars. Talk about going above and beyond! They have 24 hour room service and free breakfast. I would just suggest to you that if you need internet in the room, make sure to ask for a room that is close to the router. Depending on where you are you may be better off using the connection in the lobby. For super fast internet I would go to Shiv Travels internet cafe in Pahganj. The rooms closer to the router are also close to the street so they'll be a bit noisier. I also got bitten by mosquitos at night so make sure to bring mosquito repellent. May it was just my room.

Room Tip: See end of review.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank JCA123
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was a very good place from which to visit different sections of Delhi, particularly if you are on a tight budget. For an extended stay, (I needed a week at a low rate,) it was convenient, and the staff were forhever vigilant as to my needs. As a single women, it was not an area I wanted to go too far at night, but again, the staff were very watchful and provided safe cars, drivers and advise.

This is not the Ritze, but there is plenty of hot water, restaurants close by, and a night life in which you will see the locals more than tourists. I particularly like the the rooms with no windows, since it was very quiet. After a whole day of Delhi smog, noise pollution well over OSHA standards, it was a blessing to be in my own, quiet room.
SMLoupe

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Sarah Marie L
Damascus, Maryland
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My fiancé and I enjoyed our stay at this contemporary and multi cultural hotel in Delhi.The access to the metro and local markets where the interaction with the locals made you absorb the beauty of the country with each moment....I highly recommend this hotel for the attentive staff and relaxing atmosphere....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rosa1210
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was here with my spouse for one month. The rooms are clean and spacious with good bed. The hotel is close to Karol Bagh market and metro station so it's quite easy to move around. The staff are very hospitable and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Iniu
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was here last month.Service is great, Rooms clean and a good bed! I Location also very good near karol bagh metro station,close to Karol Bagh market !recomend this hotel to everyone.The breakfast was good and enough. The bathroom is elegant,The staff is friendly. I can recommend to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family