“decent and close to station”
Review of Ginger New Delhi

Ginger New Delhi
Ranked #76 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Navi Mumbai, India
“decent and close to station”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

: Located adjacent to railway station Nice basic rooms. ok food. no service in room. Prices are little higher than Budget hotel,. there is no swimming pool. The rooms are clean.
.Cons: Noise from road

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 12suni04
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us. I note with deep regret that our services did not meet your expectation during your recent stay at Ginger Delhi-IRCTC.

We understand that you were dissatisfied with the noise from roadside. Based on your valuable feedback, we are looking into the feasibility of replacing the windows with vacuum sealed windows.

Your feedback on room service has been taken up with the F&B partner. We sincerely regret to inform you that we don’t have a swimming pool in any of the Ginger Hotels.

We sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us, and we thank you for your valuable feedback and concerns. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay at Ginger Delhi – IRCTC.

Ginger Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
India
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed at the ginger with my husband 3 times in the last two months, and we are very satisfied. The rooms are clean, the beds are soft and comfortable and the pillows and blankets are also very good and comfortable.

I did enjoy the hot water kettle, and the complimentary tea and coffee supplies.
that really was very helpful, and made the stay so much more comfortable.

the water in the shower is hot (which is one of the most important factors in a hotel room in India for us at least), and BEST of ALL, there are no "TIP HUNGRY" porters or other hotel staff who are only interrested to get a tip for every little thing they do, as is the norm in other regular hotels.

everything is SELF-SERVICE. there are trolleys available to take the luggage up to the room and nobody bothers you for any tip.

I must make one very important comment regarding one of the service boys on the sixth floor.

I think, his name was Kafil Ahmed.

whenever we missed something, or needed something, ( an extra pillow, another towel, toilet paper, or more tea bags, then, Kafil provided everything we needed, instantly WITHOUT complaining, or hesitating, and, WITHOUT waiting or expecting any tip.

I think, he is one very dedicated young man, who is very serious about his work.
always smiling and ready to help.

besides that, I would have given 5 stars, expept for 2 negatives regarding this hotel.

First, The front staff is efficient, and helpful, expect for a small issue concerning a young staff woman. at the front desk

we requested the young lady at the front desk, to give us the same room, where we had stayed in previously, but, she absolutely refused to give us the room and insisted that the room is not available, but, when we later on, asked for this same room from another person at the front desk, (it was a man) then, he gave us the room at once, without any hesitation, mentioning, that the room was always available.

I do not understand why that young woman did not want to give us the room, where we had stayed 2 weeks earlier, even though, it was available.
(I do not remember her name, but there is only one young woman that we saw during our stay, the rest was all men, )

the SECOND NEGATIVE is the immensely expensive WIFI charges.
I had no data plan in my phone, and my tablet, only works with wifi.
all through our trip that lasted for 2 months in India, we had never any problem with wifi. Most of the time, the wifi was offered for free, or for a nominal charge of INR 150 for 3 days.

but at a rate of INR 375 per 24 hours, it was just too expensive to get wifi.
This was extremely inconvenient for us.
our children needed to get in touch with us often, and they were not able to reach us, because the tablet did not work, without wifi.

when I asked at the desk, why the wifi is so expensive, then, we were told, this is due to security reasons.
This is something I can not understand. if there is any crook, I think, they would have enough money to buy the wifi. But, for regular people, INR 375 per 24 hours, is a bit much, especially, if we stayed for 4 nights, and even longer on other times.

I really liked the hotel, but because of the expensive wifi, and the problems that we had due to the lack of it, I may have to rethink my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jodhagirl
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us. I note with deep regret that our services did not meet your expectation during your recent stay at Ginger Delhi.

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction, regarding the behavior of the hotel’s front desk staff. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the adamant nature of the hotel staff, which was shared with the Hotel Manager for corrective action. The team has been briefed to be more efficient to ensure that our guests don't face such issues.

Your feedback on Wi-Fi charges and room service has been taken into consideration and we would look into this matter. However, we would like to inform you that our Wi-Fi charges are comparatively equal to the other budget hotels in Delhi. However, Wi-Fi is chargeable at RYN as per Railway directives.

We however would like to thank you for your words of appreciation towards rooms and its amenities, bathroom along with the staff of the hotel which has been forwarded to the concerned departments.

It has always been our endeavor to provide our guests with the best of services, but it was unfortunate that we were unable to match your expectations. But we assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be a pleasant and memorable one.

Chennai
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is one of the best hotels for a traveller looking for locational convenience, clean bed/bath and food--but without any frills or add-on features ! The prices are incredibly low considering the city's costs and comparable facilities. The place is within 300 metres of New Delhi Railway station--easily walkable--and there are thoughtful conveniences, like the luggage trolley being available right upto the room, taxis on call, and clean, hygienic food at the basement offering a wide range of food/snacks/beverages. Undoubtedly, the best place to stay, if your travelling hub is New Delhi station. Hope they build more such Hotels near the Stations in several other major metros too ( in addition to the around 15 that the Ginger chain runs already ! )

Room Tip: There is no differentiator--but please do book well in advance ! They always go full !
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sundararajan51
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback & words of appreciation.

We at Ginger Hotels will continue to maintain our standards to enhance the overall experience of our valuable guests.

It was a great pleasure having you to stay with us at Ginger Hotel.

Looking forward to your continued association with us.

Faridabad, India
Reviewed April 4, 2014

PRos: Located adjacent to railway station
Nice basic rooms
Fastr check in and checkout
Neatr and clean, hygieneic
Cons: Noise from road
No room service
Food is not that good
Prefer standard rooms than double bed rooms

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank axj312
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us, and we thank you for your valuable feedback. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay at Ginger Delhi.

We understand you were dissatisfied with the rooms been noisy which has been forwarded to the relevant department for consideration. We have also briefed the restaurant staff to have the food delivered for guests in their room. We are also in process of preparing a new menu at the restaurant which would surely address the quality of the food.

Please be rest assured that we remain committed to upholding the highest standards of our services, as expected of Ginger Hotels. We like to thank you for the words of appreciation for the room’s cleanliness, location and check in/checkout facility which will be passed on to all concerned departments.

Thane, India
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed during 24th dec.2013 to 28th dec.2013. we booked one family room n one standard to accomodate our complete fly ,including grand children. We are more than satisfied as d hotel is located nearby rly.st. n metro rly also so moving around delhi was comfortable.
Rooms n house keeping are satisfying. Staff is well mannered n helpful. We suggest service at rest. to improve.

Room Tip: Rooms at higher floor n delux type are very good .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger New Delhi, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback & words of appreciation.

It was a great pleasure having you to stay with us at Ginger Hotel.

Looking forward to your continued association with us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was there in delhi recently for work and ended up staying in Ginger hotel. I do not know why i did that. An average hotel for overnight stay. They do not deliver non veg to the room. Catering is done by the railways. Rooms were dirty and furniture was really old.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Not even for an over night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us, and we thank you for your valuable feedback. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay at Ginger New Delhi - IRCTC.

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction, with the condition of the room, especially the furniture not being up to your expected standards. We will address this during the refurbishment that is planned for the first quarter of this financial year. With regards to your dissatisfaction over not being served non vegetarian food in the room, the same has been taken up with the F&B vendor.

Lerwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here in mid March 2014. It's not your most atmospheric hotel - basically a transit place - but it's clean, efficient, very handy for the station, metro and airport link and not bad value for New Delhi. It has an unexciting but sufficient canteen style restaurant on the ground floor. The rooms are comfortable (good thick mattresses) and have air conditioning

Unfortunately there was a discrepancy in my bill that I failed to realise until I'd left the hotel. I paid for 24 hours of wifi (which I was a little taken aback by in the first place as I'd yet to encounter a hotel, in four visits to India, that charged for wifi), but as there was a problem with the code I'd been given I was issued a second one. The staff were very helpful and patient in helping me to sort this out and eventually I had access to the internet. On checking out, however, I queried the bill for the wifi as it was twice what I was expecting to pay, and asked if I'd been charged for 48 hours use (the full duration of my stay) by mistake. I was told that the price (over 600 INR) was the cost of 24 hours use. I was in a hurry to catch a train to the airport, so didn't quibble, but on checking my bill I realised that I had in fact been charged twice the cost of 24 hours use - in fact I'd been charged for the two codes I was issued, including the faulty one. This seems hardly fair, and as I was in the process of running down my money prior to leaving the country it left me short of change at the airport. I mentioned this issue via email feedback but have yet to receive a response. Left a sour taste after an otherwise acceptable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us, and we thank you for your valuable feedback. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay at Ginger New Delhi.

We are sorry to hear that you were overcharged and we are looking into the details of the amount charged to you. We will ensure that the amount overcharged will be duly refunded to you. It would be a great help for us if you would be able to provide us the details of your contact to refund the excess amount charged for Wifi. We have also briefed the Hotel Manager for the inconvenience caused to you as there was no reply received on your feedback.

We would like to thank you for the words of appreciation for our rooms, location of the hotel and food served, which will be passed on to all concerned departments.