“fint hotell”

Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites
Ranked #220 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 22, 2013

nice room with large rooms. right side of CityWalk mall. nice mall to shop in. overall a nice stay, really comfortable beds. a pool on the roof. what was good. friendly staff. minus was that it wasnt breakfast in the price. they allso had a gym. a really pluss.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dippri
Front Office Ma... S, Front Office Manager at Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear dippri,

As you have mentioned your concern about the inclusion of breakfast in the price, we would like to inform you that we have prices with and without breakfast and it is as per your selection while booking whether you want to include it or not.
We again thank you for sharing your feedback. We will look forward to welcome you again on your next visit at Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites and assure our best service, at all times.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is situated in the most happening shopping mall in new Delhi. This hotel is just walking distance from Select City mall and has all the necessary amenities.The hotel rooms are very spacious and really loved the staff and interior.Morning breakfast is also very delicious. Great hotel to explore delhi as this hotel is also not far away from Metro station.
Great Stay and would stay in future as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Front Office Ma... S, Front Office Manager at Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Ajmera1985,

Thank you for your pleasant review for Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites.

We strive to offer our guests a warm, comfortable & memorable stay, and we are happy that you had a good experience with us.

The location of the hotel is best suited for all kind of travelers with direct connectivity to the shopping malls & easy accessibility to the Delhi Metro & Airport.

Thank you for sharing your experience and compliments for suites & team members. Your recommendation have been shared with the team for whom this is a tremendous source of inspiration.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights.Pleasant stay and the separate room and sitting area always delights.Buffet breakfast could have been better.All in all a recommended stay especially for the presence of the malls.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Front Office Ma... S, Front Office Manager at Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Anagram4ever,

Greetings from Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites!!!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. The location of the hotel is best suited for business and leisure travelers in the district centre with direct connectivity to the shopping malls & easy accessibility to the Delhi Metro & Airport. Your recommendation have been shared with the team for whom this is a tremendous source of inspiration. Thank you for complimenting the suites style. Your concerned regarding the buffet breakfast have been shared with team to initiate corrective measures. We thank you for your feedback as it will help us to reconsider our existing practices. We value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you on your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was new to India and am staying in New Delhi for an extended stay, do not speak the language and do not have too many contacts in Delhi, and therefore I wanted a safe hotel and convenient location while I learned the lay of the land and found an apartment. I definitely got that with Svelte! Ms. Priya was one of the first people I dealt with and she made sure that I was comfortable and well taken care of when I decided to book a room there. The rooms were nice, spacious and most importantly, very clean (but the water in the bathroom sometimes had a funky smell). This is an executive suites style hotel... so if you need somewhere that's clean, accommodating and a good location- Svelte is an excellent choice! I did not use the gym in the hotel bc I joined the amazingly beautiful (and unexpectedly very expensive) gym located in the mall. The breakfast was always tasty, but I never ate other meals at the hotel as there are plenty of restaurants nearby in the mall. My biggest complaint was that there was one lady at the front desk who answered "no" to everything, before even considering my requests. I needed to cash a travelers check, which I had done just two days prior, and without even looking at it, she replied that she cannot do it. I insisted that she call her manager. She argued for a bit but finally called. I understand that their policy had recently changed to not cash traveler's checks other than AmEx, but for her to keep saying no even though my check was AmEx, and after I had told her it had just been done, was aggravating. I found that anytime I dealt with her, no matter what the issue, she was lazy. It was hard just to be around her bc she is so lackluster. This was not the case for the other woman at the front desk, who was always helpful and sweet, as was most of the staff. I did encounter the issue of them not letting my cousin come up to my room bc it was just barely after 10pm, which apparently is a rule in Delhi that the person has to register prior to 10p if they want to come up to a guest's room. It was frustrating, but I do appreciate the added and enforced security.

What was most important to me is that I was in a very bad accident the day before I was supposed to check out. I had whiplash and a few herniated discs, and the management at the hotel, particularly Mr. Ramesh and Mr. Chandragupt, were superbly helpful. Mr. Ramesh extended my stay at the hotel by two weeks without hiking up my rate (I had a lower rate for off season), and the concierge (I feel bad for blanking on his name but he was wonderful! I want to say Karun but can't recall) was absolutely helpful...everything from picking up take out from restaurants in the mall to going out to pick up my medicines at the chemist. I felt very much cared for by the staff, and not so alone after having just been in this awful horrible accident. I was really sad to have to move out of the hotel (obviously, it is expensive compared to renting an apartment) but I am considering moving back to the hotel once my sublet expires at my apartment if I can get a good rate. The staff was really nice and the rooms are very comfortable. You really can't beat the location- everything you need is right there! And most importantly, I felt very safe!

Room Tip: I stayed on the courtyard side overlooking the fountains, and despite there always being a lot of ac...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Divya S,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about your experience at The Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites, New Delhi! Guest feedback is important to our hotel and we are delighted to know that we met your expectations during your stay with us. Our location is best suited for business and leisure travelers in the district centre with direct connectivity to shopping Mall & easy accessibility to the Delhi Metro & Airport. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. We are sure this will go a long way to motivate them to keep up the high level of guest services. Although it's a pleasure to know that you liked the hotel and the services, your feedback for the staff member is addressed with the team to set up the corrective measures. We again thank you for sharing your feedback as it will assist us to re-consider our current practices and standards. We will look forward to welcome you again on your next visit at Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites and assure our best service, at all times.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

They don't have rooms. It's an apartment with a living room, kitchen a nice cozy bed and nice and clean bathroom. Located just outside the select city walk mall. Staff was a bit rude and unfriendly, otherwise the property is very good and not the cheapest but still a good value.

Room Tip: top floors are nicer. There's no view from the higher floors also.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Abhi S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites, New Delhi and for sharing feedback of your stay through Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you liked the suite you stayed & cleanliness met your expectations. The suites are designed to provide a comfortable environment as per guest requirements. Your feedback for staff behaviour is addressed with the team members to implement corrective measures. Guest feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to improve the quality of our customer service. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I visited delhi in august and my stay in Svelete Hotel was just for 1 day. When we entered the room we were so surprised to see the room infrastructure..They have a seprate lounge..in which they have small kitchnet which was attractive..From the inside big room the view of the mall is amazing..U feel that u are in any foreign country..The only problem we faced was we have pre-booked our room earlier but the reception staff was unaware of it..and we have to spend around 20-30 mins in the reception area before we could check in into our room..This shows the carelessness of the staff..but otherwise our whole trip was super duper fun with amazing room

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear ntrkm,

Thank you for writing about your experience at The Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites, New Delhi! Guest feedback is important for us and we are delighted to know about your feedback for suites. The suites are designed to provide a comfortable environment for all the guests as per their requirements. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. This will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high standards. Your feedback related to check in at hotel is addressed with the team to initiate corrective measures. We thank you for sharing your feedback as it will help us to review our current practices. We will look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to New Delhi.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed in this place for 2 nights with my family.This was my second visit to this hotel.The advantage of this place is its location.Right above City walk mall in Saket and also near to the airport,one can finish his business in the day and take a walk in the mall in the evening and eat his dinner at any of the many restaurants and lounge bars across the street.This hotel is clean and tidy and provides a wide choice in their breakfast buffet.The only thing which was not upto the mark was the staff at the reception,who are unfriendly and I could never see anybody welcoming or seeing off the guests with a smile.Yet,I recommend this place for its location and neatness.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank anil_1962chennai

Dear anil_1962chennai ,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about your experience at The Svelte Hotel & Personal Suites, New Delhi! We are delighted to know that we have met your expectations in terms of cleanliness and the breakfast buffet spread at our all day dining venue “The Lounge”, The rooms are designed to provide a right environment for all travelers, to carry out their business in the most efficient and convenient manner. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services. Your feedback for the front desk is addressed with the team to implement corrective measures. I thank you for sharing your observations as it will assist us to review our existing practices and standards. Svelte team will look forward to welcome you again on your next visit at New Delhi.