“Terrible Stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #492 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Terrible Stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My family and I stayed here in december of 2010. We have three kids. We booked the hotel on the basis of what was said on their website. The stay was horrible. Rooms were dirty particularly the floor. If you walked barefoot, you feet will turn black in a few minutes. Floors have no carpets. The beds were lumpy. The facilties very poor and maintenance bad. We could not get a good nights sleep as there was always noise at the hotel caused by the workers banging doors, dragging furniture, cleaning. Rooms were too cold. Bathrooms were in bad condition. They prided themselves as either 4-star or 3-star deluxe. It was more like one star. Staff not very friendly. Internet was not working. Food was average. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone but backpackers or those not fussed with facilities and noise. They refused to refund us for the bad service and never improved on the service despite complaints by my tour agent. For the price there are definitely better options.

Room Tip: It is best to stay away from this hotel. And should you still choose to stay here, dont ever stay on...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Shepherdking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had gone to Delhi for business.
I was booked in Hotel Parkland for 3 days.
When I reached , I saw an exalted guesthouse / motel rather than a hotel.
I was assigned a deluxe room which was anything but deluxe. Very small and cramped. The finish was also just passable.

I insisted for a bigger room but was told that the hotel is full.

I then decided to change the hotel and started leaving with my baggage when the manager then provided me with a suite which was pretty good. So I decided to stay for the night.

The prices are quite less compared to a city like Delhi.. The food is decent.

The manager was helpful . All in all , choose this hotel if on a tight budget, and select only the suite.

Room Tip: Only suite please
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed here last year out of desperation, Missed by Virgin Atlantic Flight from Delhi to London airport!

No other hotels around the area had any vacancies due to the Olympic games or something of that accord. First impression from outside was, OH NO! Reminded me of a youth hostel from outside. I was greeted with a dodgy looking receptionist who realised I wasn't local to the area and who probably new he could charge his rack rate (Olympics once again).

So I opted to take his offer for £145including breakfast for the night as finding somewhere else was near impossible. The room was actually a wonderful suprise, Which is not what I can say about the rest of the hotel.

Clean the hotel was, Food was reasonable, Staff were eager to help (but I got this feeling the kids/staff just wanted constant tips). But it just had no life, It was almost like it was deserted, probably due to the lack of facilities or should I say non existant.

Whatever you do, Do not exchange any money here, The rate they offer is ridiculous.
Oh and If you think you can go for a stroll to the local shops or something, Let me warn you there arent any.

Back to the room, As stated wonderfully set up all mod-cons, free wifi throughout, They do offer a in-house taxi service. However, that is the only hope you have of a taxi there. The hotel is set on the side roads of one of Delhi's busiest roads. Having said that it is nicely set aside away from traffic (a little too set aside for my liking).

The hotel just lacked something, which I cant put my hand too. Lets just say its a hostel type with great rooms.

Oh and may I add, not worth more then £70 per night, In my opinion.

Regards

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bracknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

Small hotel with mainly Indian clientelle situated in a resident location - interesting to see the green squares and villa properties in the adjacent Defence Colony. Only there for one night on a hectic schedule. Seemed I was the only dinner client in the small restaurant, but food quality and friendly service was Ok - breakfast ditto. Room/bathroom average for this type of hotel - no problems.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank JoeCBansteadUK
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed here for three nights before joining a tour. The room was sizeable, I think we got upgraded to a bigger room, however one of the two locks on the door was broken, so I ended up putting a chair against the door for added security - as there was a bit of noise from the corridor.

The bathroom was a decent size and the shower pressure was one of the best we had the whole trip in India.

However, the breakfasts were terrible, the staff were not interested in serving at all, and it was hard to get even a piece of toast. However, dinner was fantastic. We can honestly say we had some of the best Indian meals at this restaurant. And the price was fantastic. Their naan bread was amazing and their paneer too! However, service was lacking - it was hard to get their attention.

I don't know if I would stay here again if I returned to Delhi, as it is soooo far out of the central part of the city. I used the Metro from Connaught Place back to Green Park, which was good. You just had to know which entrance you needed to exit out of so that you got on the right side of a very busy road to return to the hotel.

However, I would recommend the restaurant - Delhi Massala!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Parkland is well located close to the Green Park metro, though the staff was courteous and the rooms spacious and reasonably furnished the experience was less than satisfactory

The biggest problem I had was with the quality of food which was atrocius and the wierd brand of mineral water offered complimentary during stay. The windows opened onto a road with heavy traffic.. I think there are better options at the price

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Jalandhar, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

absolutely unresponsive staff. Takes more than 1 hour to deliver two unpeeled unchopped apples. Does not provide towels / napkins and need 4 reminders in 1.5 hours to get these. Reservations even when confirmed well in advance are subject to availability. No one listens to the complaints - MOST traumatic stay ever in delhi in last 8 years

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business