“AVOID: 3rd Rate Place & Customer Service”
Review of Woodland Deluxe

Woodland Deluxe
Ranked #415 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Had booked this place for 2 reasons: Needed a place for a 4 hour stopover while in transit to Manali and also to recce the place for future visits.. Glad the time spent was this little, else I would have been glad to walk out and check into another hotel.

The manager I spoke to, Madan Pai, was a decent individual. However, the lowlife at their reception counter we met was easily the worst person we've come across in the service industry. Some of his esteemed comments;

"We get 100 bookings a day, how am I supposed to know about yours?"
"I don't care if you don't like the place and want to check out"
"This is how everyone from Delhi talks"

Even if the prices are budget, there is no excuse for them to behave in this manner with paying customers. Check in at your own risk!!

Reference Number: WOLD-0339881812

Room Tip: Book a room somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Russell2007
There are newer reviews for Woodland Deluxe

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Immediately after booking your journey ticket, book your accomdation also( may be at two hotels- one without paying advance). Just before landing in New delhi call the hotel managers and ask for the booked room. This is the only safest way. I was cheated by the manager of Hotel woodland delux even after confirming my arrival. After i reached the hotel they said rooms are not vacant only Delux rooms are available, you want i can give only delux room. I agreed Since i went along with my family in odd time, i was forced to pay the extra amount for the same ordinary room.
So, advice to you is confirm the room and its rent before reaching the hotel. Room service is also not so good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Havish
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We (couple) have booked the room (air cooled) in hotel woodland. After reaching hotel in early morning by 06.00am, we requested for early check in of room & told them we are checking out early on tomorrow by 5.30am. They agreed and given us the room in Hotel Dream land instead of Woodland.
Person at reception told us since you are in need of early check-in for time being you will be put up in Hotel Dream land, after 12.00pm your confirmed room will be alloted. After 11.00am I querried for availability to shift to Originally booked room. The owner (as said by receptionist) suddenly started shouting on us in rude manner, asking us to make one day payment of Dream land hotel, then only we provide your originally booked room in Dreamland. This was quite shocking for us & unexpected.

Room provided at Dreamland was maintained cleanly but noisy. Toilet was too small & not available with hot water. Air cooler was also not working (as we booked & confirmed for Air cooled room)

Room Tip: It is better to book the room directly in Dream land instead of Woodland. So that you save your hard...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank BSH_2012
Reviewed March 7, 2012

excellent neat clean budget hotel with all the facilities we never expected that we can get this type of hotel in this budget in city like new delhi. above all hotel management was very co-operatyive and helpful towards their guest.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I booked a room in Hotel Woodland, and received a room in Hotel Dreamland Deluxe, which is on the opposite side of the road, and as I was said, belongs to the same company. The hotel is cheap, so there is no reason to expect luxury, but it is not so cheap that lack of hot water could be explained. We received a dingy hole on the ground floor, with no window. The room was noisy and musty, luckily it was only for one night. The staff is rude and unhelpful. There are so many hotels in the area that it is really worth to look for a better location.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kajteks
Reviewed January 20, 2012

we[couple] went to this hotel after online research.Best reason was it's proximity to Railway station.rooms are decent,room fascilities are ok,manager was co-operative, ..........food is avaoidable.If u are left with no othsr better option,or dont know anything about hotel booking in this area,then can try ur luck here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2011

While returning from my business trip from Himachal, I took one night stay in Delhi as break. I wanted to relax for some time after long hectic business trip. I booked this hotel from website and went to the hotel. This area is now well known to me as I have stayed in this area hotels 2-3 times. I took cycle rickshaw and went to the hotel. You have to convince cycle rickshaw, auto rickshaw drivers that hotel room is booked and no further assistance is required from them. These people just run behind you as soon as you get out of the railway station. Anyway that's new skill you need as a traveler !

The hotel room was very nice and just after opening the room I was bit surprised. Pleasant smell of room freshener welcomed me in the room ! I have stayed many hotels in Delhi but never got such nice smell of room freshener. More surprisingly all lights in my room were working ! This is also surprising in hotels in area like Paharganj where its very difficult to get the budget room with all lights working. I like night lamp to be glow in night but it should be sufficiently dimmed just to give you rays of light in case of any emergency. One more surprise for me. The room including toilet / bathroom were very clean and neat. Bedsheet, pillow covers and even comforters were bright and clean. Towels were neatly arranged and white clean too. Soap kept along with towel and drinking water was filled up in jug. Glasses were neatly wrapped up in tissue paper. It was really nice room. TV was properly working with clear sound and picture. The room had 2 charging points apart from TV so that I can charge mobile and laptop simultaneously. There were plenty of hangers and point to keep clothes. It was really nice room disproportionate with its location i.e. Paharganj, Delhi.

After I got fresh, I ordered the meal. They arranged the food may be from outside. The taste was really good and presentation was nice. Along with the ordered food, they served me bowl of fresh cut tomato, onion and chilly. O e more thing that I liked that I got Tawa roti and not hand roti in meal. I just like it. after good lunch I preferred to stay in hotel. I watched some movie on TV and then slept for good time. Later in evening I walked out for some time pass. There is one Reliance fresh store nearby where I just moved and had some time pass.

At night I took my dinner in the hotel only. Again I got Tawa roti with delicious sabzi and now salad was changed to Muli and onion. It was really nice food. Service of room personnel was nice and although telephone in room was not working, room bell was at help. In morning I took tea and got ready to catch the train. I would like to come this hotel with my family. Overall I liked the hotel very much and that too at good budget !

Room Tip: See the room and avoid room from auto rickshaw drivers as they can mislead you to get commission
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo