“Comfortable Stay in AMAR INN (South Delhi)”
Review of Amar Inn Hotel

Amar Inn Hotel
Ranked #609 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Rooms are very Good & Clean, Excellent Location of the Hotel. Helpful Staff. Wifi service is very good. Near to Central Market, Metro station. Good Party Hall. not very expensive rooms. Room service is good. Round the clock Taxi Service , Room Service, Travel Assistance.

It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this hotel. The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home.
This said, there is nothing wrong with the facilities. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance form Market , Metro Station & Airport is limited.

Room Tip: Best Hotel to Stay in South Delhi, Near Central Market , Metro Station 5-10 min Walking Distance, Wi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank ritu m

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The rooms are extra small but clean and functional. The price may be slightly high for a hotel of this quality but I won't complain too much. Lajpat eateries and shops are a good 15 minutes walk but rickshaw will take you there in 5 minutes and cost an average 20Rs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Ajitson
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Extremely poor service, House keepers here smell ,are untidy at all times & totally untrained.I have been living here for over a week now and shown below are few of my observations -
- Day 1, the person who came to receive me at the airport forgot where he had parked the taxi, it was early morning 3 am and I was totally exhausted after a long flight.In this extreme humid climate I had to move around with him,searching for his Taxi.After we found the taxi, we moved ahead.On the way,the he(the driver) realizes that he had forgotten the Welcome board at the parking and requested me if he could take the car back to the airport.I insisted him to move ahead and drop me to Amar Inn asap !
-Day 2, early morning 8 AM , the house keeper enters my room,while i am asleep(without knocking the door), and very gently asks me for tea or coffee.When I say No,he instantly demands for INR 100 and when I refuse, he keeps insisting, WOW !!!.He says,"Sir,I will return the money to you in the evening,my girl friend has come today and I have to take her out".I had no option but to abuse him and ask him to get out.Name of the house keeper- Saurabh,age 20.
Day3- Room service guy comes to my room,after repeated reminders...Cleans the room half way and leaves without acknowledging me that he would never come back.Wow!!!I now see my room half clean and half in a mess.
Day 4 - I receive an unwanted guest to my room ( he was the same man who I happen to get my foreign currency exchanged last evening),as he had my details, he entered into my room, asking me if I wanted to know my stars and also if I wanted to see Delhi with him.Where the hell is the security?How can some one just step inside my room.
The above were just main ones, I m facing issues every time I am coming across a house keeper or calling the reception.,
The only best follow up Amar Inn does, is for advance payment.I have already paid them INR 25K until now,but they need more.
The only reason I am still staying here is because I m new to Delhi and dont want to experience anything new in any other hotel.
Lastly, I have hired 4 taxis until now and none of them seem to know where Internet cafes are, Money exchange house is and one of the taxi smelled so bad that I went sick the same evening after I got back to the hotel.
This is a MAD HOUSE !

FURIOUS GUEST & AMAR INN, LAJPAT NAGAR

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Bhatiashish
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Our first impressions of the hotel were not good, as we arrived to be informed that there was no reservation for us (despite two calls from the hotel to confirm), and then that taxes and service charges were an additional 25% on the advertised price. This made the room cost nearly 4000 rupees; we stayed in much nicer hotels for half this price on our trip.

The first room we were shown on the third floor was freezing cold, grotty and noisy from the street below (which noise, in fairness, is to be expected in Delhi). We took another room which was better (although windowless), only to be woken the next morning by shouting from staff coming up and down the stairs, a very loud telephone in the hallway which rang every so often, and the crystal clear sound of the user of the bathroom in the next room.

Parts of the hotel were being painted, while food and other rubbish left on the staircase when we checked in one evening was still there the next day. It struck me that the hotel required a good clean rather than a lick of paint.

On a more positive note, the wi-fi service was good, and the tv had several English language channels as well as Hindi etc. We dealt mainly with night staff, but the ladies on reception during the day did seem to be friendlier. There is a very nice restaurant across the road called "De Boss", and the hotel is close to the Central Market.

Overall, we were left quite disappointed by this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank MTfB
Reviewed December 12, 2011

A stret side hotel.. Suitable for Small Time Traveller on a shoe string budget..The rooms are small.. and there is no resturant attached as such. Location is an advantage.. Located near the Central Market of Lajpat Nagar its close to Airport, Station and a metro station is also not very far..
The Suite room in the ground floor is decent at the price they are offering

Room Tip: Ground Floor Suite Room is the best
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnkitSiotia
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Very Small hotel located in the heart of Lajpat Nagar (Near Central Market), reachable to everywhere in Delhi everytime. Rooms are OK type, no resturant, room Service possible. Good for a small time traveller who needs to stay at central places. 20 km from Airport, 5 km from Nizamudin Rly. Stn, 25 mtr. from Ring Road and 1 km from Metro Stn., location is the value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Basu123
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The Amar Inn is an okay hotel in South Delhi. The room I had was clean although the bathroom was - typical for Indian hotels in this category - fairly outdated and a bit run-down. I originally planned to stay for 4 weeks as I was on a business trip and they first gave me a room without a window which was a bit thoughtless by them. After I asked for another room, I was given one. The room service is quick and friendly and the food is good. Breakfast is served in the room and Wifi is working well. The only thing that really bothered me was the awfully hard mattress. I woke up with an aching back every day but that's also a matter of what you're used to. After three days I moved out as my company found me another place but all in all the Amar Inn is alright. Just expect quite basic and clean rooms, nothing more. For tourists the location is not too good as a trip to the city centre, e.g. Connaught Place, takes approx. 20 to 30 minutes by autorickshaw depending on the traffic.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business