“excellent time @ hotel”

Ranked #79 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Fremont, California
“excellent time @ hotel”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

it was our first stay @ hotel. hotel is located @ walkable distance(~ 300 hundred mtrs) from New Delhi Railway station. Room was excellent and bathroom was very clean. staff particularly Vijay and Abhishek were very friendly & cooperative. I would surely reconsider our stay @ this hotel in future again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

4 Thank pchopra2712
Dear guest

Thanks for your feedback, We are glad to hear that you have had wonderful time while staying with us. We look forward for your next memorable stay with us.

Vijay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Service is excellent...room & toilet were cleaned. As a whole much better than other budget hotels available in Paharganj area. I travel delhi frequently, I would love to stay at hotel shelton again. Thanks to entire Shelton Team.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

3 Thank TanmoySaha
vijay430, Owner at Hotel Shelton, responded to this review, March 12, 2016
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at "Hotel Shelton" and for taking out time for such a authentic review.
We strive to customize the experience of each guests and are delighted that our efforts made your stay memorable.

Entire team of Hotel Shelton looks forward to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards
Vijay Tiwari
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Let me put up all my experience with my trip to Delhi. Reached New Delhi railway Station on 24-Feb Morning. After reaching the Railway station i was coming out of the station there were many Auto and Rikshaw-wala's wandering around me. I asked one of the Auto Driver to drop me to Hotel Shelton in pahar ganj , then he immediately replied and said that hotel is not good for family and he told he will take me to another good family hotel and more over he told he will take only 10 or 20 rupees charge for my auto fare ( My Humble advise is not to listen to those auto or rikshaw fellows , by taking you to Hotel of their choice and who pay them High commissions for bringing them guests to their hotel ) , So i called the hotel immediately and asked for guidance the hotel Owner Mr Vijay picked the call and guided me the way to the hotel which is a few minutes walk from the new delhi railway station.I took a Auto and reached the Hotel with much ease by paying Rs 20 for me and my wife. I was very much concerned about how my Hotel room is going to be as I am travelling with my wife security is most important , ofcourse I had an alternate hotel in which my friend is working.After reaching the hotel the Auto fellow was making some signs to the Manager sitting in the Lobby. I understood the same and told the auto person that i booked the hotel through online so he left the place. Once i came to the lobby and made my entry in the register i was asked for some proof of identity by Mr Abhishek (The Manager) once i completed my formalities i was offered a cool drink and 2 water bottles as complimentary and I was guided to my room number 305. I booked a standard room through online but the Manager happily offered me an upgraded room with out any extra cost which i felt very happy.After checking into my room I felt awesome , took 2 snaps of the room. Please find the pics as attachment taken by me. Me and my wife were extremely happy by the way the room was maintained.First 2 days we went out on our own and we were wandering here and there in pahar ganj and conought place.On the third day when we returned from shopping at 22:00 hrs saw Mr Vijay ( Owner ) and Mr Abhishek ( Manager ) and I said I want to meet Vijay as I read a lot about him in the reviews, He happily offered me a chair and we started talking about many things, then we started discussing many things about business and so on. Then during the talk I asked him about the travels to Agra and Jaipur he told that he has his own travels by name Sushanth travels , I asked him about the trip to agra and Jaipur he made me talk to Mr Mujjammil ( A kashmiri person working as travel Advisor ) he came the next day morning and arranged us the trip to local sight seeing , Agra trip and Jaipur as well. Then we returned to Delhi on the 3rd day. After that we had only day left the last one for our travel and that day Mr Tiwari took us to a good hotel where we got good break fast and then he suggested us to visit Mughal Garden in Presidents house he arranged an auto for us. We did the same and we really enjoyed a lot , then we visited shree leathers in Conought place and purchased some leathers over there (this shop is a good one no bargain all fixed prices and you get the best quality -- again suggested by Mr Vijay) then returned to hotel and there met Mr Tiwari ji again and I asked him where get good sarees and he took us to a fixed price saree shop in sadar Bazar and we really were happy that we came to a good shop.
Then we returned to the hotel as we need to return to airport for our return journey to Bangalore. Mr Vijay asked me about my trip to Jaipur and I explained him all things and he told he is not happy with the services provided to us by the travels driver. So he offered us a free drop to airport. Apart from these Mr Vijay and Mr Abhishek offered us many a times water bottles and cool drinks as complimentary ( Though I dont like to take free bee's they insisted m e not to pay for those).
Below is my descriptions about the people in the Hotel :-
Mr Vijay ( Owner ) :- who ever stays in this Shelton Should meet this Guy , you will regret if you dont meet him He is an awesome awesome guy. He doesn't carry any ego with him even though he is a young chap Owner. He always helps you in the best possible way he can. Apart from this he helps and guides you if you are able to ask him where you want to shop or best places to visit etc.... He always keeps his words and more over he is man with very good policies and doesnt like to earn money in wrong means. What ever suggestion he gives doesnt see his profit and he helps his way best for us. He not only serves us in the best possible way but instills the same in his staff
Mr Abhishek ( Manager ) :- This person is a back bone to Mr Vijay. He is an all time smiling chap , He is a man with full conviction to do his duties and help the best to the clients or customers who ever comes to the hotel. He is work oriented and loves to help in the best possible way. When ever we pass by the reception he asks us how the room is and any problems we face so that he can get it rectified.
Mr Tiwari :- He is also a gud person , He took personnel intrest in showing us the sarees shop which is a fixed price shop and he helped us with his time and he was the one who told us to visit Mughal Gardens in Presidents House. He also deserves his due credit.
Mr Muzammil :- He is also gud , How ever spoke to him for very less time. He only arranged and planned our trip to Local Sight seeing , Agra and Jaipur trip.
The over all experience is awsome and mind blowing. I felt really like home in this Hotel.
Remember in Delhi every one work's to get comission in some or the other way but take my words this Hotel RIght from the owner to the staff and the people I mentioned above never see things for their personnel benefits but for the welfare and welbeing of their client , inreturn they dont expect any thing which made take my time out and write this much big review so that it may be helpful to some one who is researching for a good hotel in Delhi.
Thanks Hotel Shelton and Team and giving a memorable trip to me and my family which we can cherish for life time......... You really won our hearts by your service.
If i am going to be in Delhi will stay only in Hotel Shelton............. A big Thumbs up Hotel Shelton Team.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Raj2775

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The hotel is very well located with a great location on a bustling street which is very lively and interesting, be prepared to be consistently harangued if you are a foreign tourist on the Main Bazar though.

The hotel itself was fine, some staff were very friendly and attentive and others seemed as though they really couldn't be bothered with you. My room was very comfortable, but didn't appear to have been well cleaned, with the floor seeming dusty and the bed made but had various stains and hairs on it which wasn't particularly great at all. Bathroom is comfortable, but again wasn't particularly clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Joe W

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Fst Of All its nt a "Hotel" its a "HOME"....i didn't feel its a hotel becoz every 1 r like family.....Service is good as i expected, In Future if i visit "DELHI" agn surely vil nt go any other hotel, and my suggestion to all visitors plz whn evr visiting 2 "DELHI" jst stay in "SHELTON" ....Heartly "THNKS" to all the team of "SHELTON" ......MIss "U" All............:)

THNK "Q"

KABEER...:)

Room Tip: "SHELTON" no other den dis...:)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

new york city
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The location was excellent and I plan in staying here again . The room was very big and overall clean . The hot water had a problem going from cold to very hot but the hotel manger said next year they will be adding a new water system . I really hope this is true . Overall the place is fine since I stayed a few nights with friends .

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank davidejagger

Mumbai
Reviewed February 19, 2014

very good place for stay near r k ashram metro station it was my very good experience in delhi good quality of hotel market near my bar its very cheap restrobar with very good surrounding hotel shelton is good

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank Neeraj V
vijay430, Owner at Hotel Shelton, responded to this review, March 12, 2016
Dear Guest

Entire team of Hotel Shelton looks forward to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards