“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Hotel Shelton

Hotel Shelton
Ranked #78 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 16, 2013

It is not so easy to find a reasonably-priced, reasonable quality hotel in Paharganj. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the area is diluted with plenty of dubious places. Along the main bazaar I spotted an attractive foyer but half-expected it to be like a Venus Fly-Trap; a tempting facade leading to a less attractive interior. I proved wrong - the bedroom was pleasant, with a king-sized bed covered with a warm, good quality, spotlessly white, quilt. The decor was discretely attractive and only the bathroom was a bit pokey. Abhishek on reception was smart, efficient, pleasant and friendly, as was Vippin, the general assistant. For my Rs.1000, I remain convinced it was a good bargain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
hotelshelton, Owner at Hotel Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you had pleasant stay with us, It is good to note that you had the value of your money at Hotel Shelton. Thanks for appreciating our Front Office Staff (Esp. Mr. Abhishek) who goes out of way to help the guests.

We value your patronage and are looking forward for your memorable stay with us.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The hotel is in the middle of the main bazar ihn Paraganj, so it it pretty loud and chaotic, even in the night. Problem was, that the window we had was to the street and it was not possible to close it completly.
But the hotel is clean, the staff is very nice and helpful, they also offer an airport service to pick you up. (in my case they sent the driver one day later, but apologized several times and felt bad about this mistake).

Also they have a nice rooftop-restaurant were you get good food and have a great look over the main bazar.

So all in all a good stay if you are wiling to pay a little bit more than in the many guesthoses around.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and i have made a serious note of the problems you faced with the airport transfer,Once again i owe my tender apologies for that. Thanks for appreciating our clean rooms and helpful staff.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was in Delhi three years ago, in anoop hotel in Paharganj, not a good place, so this time I was looking for a better one after landing in Delhi. Hotel Shelton is a good starting point for the first days in India, I had a decent single room with personal bathroom, hot water and toilet paper. It was clean, big and the bed was comfortable.
The service is good, people are friendly and always try to help. Wifi was working really well (that's a good plus in India), and the restaurant was good and cheap, with abundant veg and non veg dishes.
The position of my room was in front of the main road, so quite noisy, I would suggest to ask for a room in a different position, because early in the morning tuc tucs and motorcycles start to be annoying.
I had a night train to catch and they kindly let me leave my luggage at hotel and staying at the restaurant for the whole day.
Price is a little high, but i booked via booking.com, so if you contact them directly probably you will get a cheaper price.
The position of the hotel is near to the main train station, so it's a good place for resting after the flight and from where to catch a train for better indian places than delhi, that in my opinion is quite dangerous and after the few turistic places to visit, not worthy to stay.
In the end I was pretty satisfied with Hotel Shelton, I will probably come back there before my flight back to Italy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mari0ca

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you had pleasant stay with us. Thanks for appreciating our centralized location, Clean rooms and helpful staff. I have made a note of noise issue. In some of the rooms there is an issue of noise problem and we are working on it and very soon we will over come this with efficient insulation.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

When we arrive in Shelton very early in the morning, we are greeted with a racognizing "Hello, Welcome back!" by the receptionist Abicheck. It may be some weeks since last time or one or two years! Immediately this friendly man and the rest of the staff give a very friendly atmosphere.

During my stays in Delhi and Pahar Ganj this hotel has been the place I come back to, since 2006

I have seen it beeing restored into a much more proper and nice standard. The rooms are clean and with HOT water if they tell there´s hot water.It has been better and better but only a little more expensive.

At the end its´s avery nice feeling to be greeted as a guest/ friend, With all respect and humor.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Try to get a room with window view over the lively PAHAR GANJ life.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elsa A

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and it was an privilege to meet you in person. Hotel Shelton had improved a lot and we are still working to make it best budget hotel of Main Bazar. It is good to know that you enjoyed our centralized location and views from the rooms.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

i stayed 5 days at the hotel Shelton Hotel in Nov, 2013. The staffs are very friendly, especially Mr.Dev who is very helpful and kind staff here. A clean and safe place to stay in New Delhi. Perfect location and very close to Metro.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guests

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I m glad to know that you had pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed our centralized locality. Mr. Dev is our General Manager, who is actively participating in guest assistance.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here 7 years ago, well before the rooms had been refurbished and modernised. But to this day we still talk about the most delicious Malai Kofta that we've ever had, so much so we nearly missed our plane to have another serve of it! The roof top restaurant is an absolute gem.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank AllyHoops

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you enjoyed our restaurant food. Our restaurant Kitchen Cafe s recommended by lonely planet and provide fresh and delicious food at affordable price.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I actually came to Hotel Shelton after their Sister hotel Cottage Ganga Inn didn't honour my booking.

However from there it was all uphill as Hotel Shelton was a great place to stay.

Recently refurbished and modernised, rooms were clean, staff were helpful and can assist in travel arrangements.

Walking distance to Delhi train station so perfect if you just want to stay a few days. And close to RK Ashram metro stop too so easy to roam the city.

Ravi

JetPrivilege membership: 139548592

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank ravs000

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am extremely grateful to know that you had pleasant stay with us and you found our services at par with your expectations. We thank you for sharing your experience with other fellow travelers.