“Beware”

Ranked #584 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Perth, Australia
“Beware”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Please don't stay here unless you don't require sleep - almost every night you could hear loud banging, constant noise from within the building, constant construction work, excessive street noise etc..
Service is poor; from getting your room cleaned, ordering room service to simple requests eg. replacement of faulty kettle (the first attendant replaced a faulty kettle with a kettle that was obviously broken, I tried to explain to the boy that it was broken and tipped him but nothing was done. Fortunately after much pleading with another attendant, a replacement was delivered after one and a half hours). Also, beware of their printing service, they charged me for printouts that were incomplete/incorrect even though they admitted fault.
Beware, they will charged you for everything, have correct change when dining at the roof top restaurant if paying cash as you will not get change unless you remnd them.
Beware, constant tipping is a must if you want some sort of service and be prepared for very average basic service after tipping..In all fairness, hotel was adequate for basic stay, was there for work with a group so had to commit to the hotel for three weeks. Made the most of it - minimal house keeping, minimal room service, took advantage of free wi-fi and sourced for 'resources' from near by hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank FaridahK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had a rather average stay at hotel Krishna. The hotel room was rather clean but none of the appliances worked (Kettle and Fridge) and out of the three week stay I had 4 hot showers! I had notified reception and on the 3rd week we got a working fridge and kettle!! We had to call 1/2 hour before our shower to ensure that the hot water would be turned on and even after the call we would get a luke warm shower. Hardly any of the hotel staff could speak english which proved difficult when wanting fresh linen or room service. They didn't restock the toilet paper when cleaning the room either so we ended up buying our own from the local store. Every day I locked my phone and laptop in my suitcase for security and on the 3rd last day ( the last day volunteering) We were in a rush so I simply left my phone and laptop on my bedside table. On my return at 5.30pm I went to check my phone and it was know where to be found. I notified hotel staff and they assured me it wasn't them. I started to second guess myself and wonder if I did take it out but 2 other people I was traveling with saw me place it on the bedside table and lock the door. We had our room cleaned this day and the phone went missing. I didn't want to be too quick to jump to conclusion that hotel staff had taken it so I thoroughly cleaned the whole room, looked under beds, in my case (unpacked and repacked!) and around all my other belongings. I went to front reception to make a complaint and they we rude and hurtful in the way they explained it could not be their staff! I accepted that the phone was gone and asked the manger for a letter saying it was stolen to claim on travel insurance and he refused. It was only on the last day with a lot of complaining that I finally got a letter saying it was stolen from my room but they also wrote " my staff have been security checked and were not involved". I was reluctant to stay at the hotel again after but after the phone went missing I wouldn't advise for anyone to stay here unless they have nothing of value to afford to go missing.

Room Tip: Room 408 has the kitchen above it and is noisy at every hour of the day! You would think being off t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Larnz08

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My overall experience at Hotel Krishna is below average.
I accepted things for as they were because it was India but really I should have made a complaint with the local police in hindsight.
On Day 3 I was sexually assaulted by the night porter. He groped me in my room and tried to kiss me by throwing himself on me. I threw him out of the room and complained to the manager. It was confirmed on CCTV and apparently the perv got fired. I never saw him at the hotel again.
I was in India on a volunteer program for 3 weeks with 9 other students and this was to be my home so I tried to put it behind me and focus on my working with the street children.
The hotel looks better on the Internet. My room was very noisy (make sure you bring ear plugs). If it is not the racket from outside it is the noise from the kitchen or the people on the rooftop restaurant scraping their chairs loudly. My room was damp and moldy. My bathroom smelt and the towels are washed with bleach and have moths living in them. I suggest you bring your own towel, facecloth and thongs/flip flops to wear in the shower. The sheets on the bed are grey, holey and stained. I suggest you bring your own sheet to sleep in.
The Indian food served is OK but none of the utensils and plates etc are washed with safe water so make sure you bring sanitizer. We all got sick in Delhi and that was even after being very careful with over washing hands, safe bottled water, no street food and all the recommended vaccinations before arriving.
The front reception staff are helpful and friendly except the female front receptionist would often stop our group at various times to tell us something about India and then ask for a tip. I never gave her one.
Our Volunteer group leader got a rash the day we left the hotel. It was the only morning she used the hotel towels because she didn't want a wet towel in her suitcase. On the flight home her rash developed so badly that at Dubai I took her to the Dubai Airport Hospital where she was given cortisone injections to stop the scratching.
I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. I'm sharing my experience. Hopefully if you have already booked here it will not be so bad for you.
Good luck!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 401, 301, 201 or 408. All very noisy!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Zig35
Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 6, 2012

In transit for one night in Delhi I've choosen this hotel a good opportunity to have the base for a short trip around the town before boarding my plane. My welcoming was good, the airport pick-up perfect and friendly. The reception was also very friendly and my room was big, clean and nicely furnitured, it looked new and the hotel was under a nice refurbishing.
The staff has been nice and supportive and they helped with booking a couple of good taxis.
Only negative side was the restaurant, that although enjoyed a nice view on the top floor, it does not have a good choice and is rather low level compared to the rest of the hotel. In any case it was a short but pleasant stay

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and rest was good. Not a good view because it is a populated suburb with ol...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank andreailcujo
Mrinal_Upadhyay, Director of Sales at Hotel Krishna, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Sir
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in New Delhi. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, Guest Feedback encourage us in improving our service.It is our endavour to provide you best of the services while you stay in our hotel. As our guest's satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at our hotel.

Thanks and Regards
Hotel Management
chennai
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Krishna is Good in terms of Facilities and Neatness and cordiallity of staff, but what sucked the most were the Beds, Beds were too Soft and Uneven, you get sunk deep when you lie down. One night sleep and i had back ache, complained to Reception but they did nothing, on insisting they provided an extra bed which was ok. Next day got transferred to another room where the Bed was better but not good. Looks like its time for Krishna to change its mattress which looks like its 10 years old. If the Hotel cant provide a good Bed what use is it to tourist who come to the room after a tiresome sight seeing.
Break fast was too Good.
Booked through Expedia for 2300/night but if i had walked in i would have got better deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ravindraboopathi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here one night.

Good hotel for what it is.

Good value for money.

Not far from New Delhi railway station, within a 10 minute walk. Which is quite important, if you need to urgently book a train.

Nice & helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dungeonmaster42
Dear Sir

Thanks and Regards
Hotel Management
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hotel service was good and travel desk was excellent. Great wait staff in roof-top restaurant. Would have given a higher rating if they hadn't switched our room on check-in. We were 2 friends who selected the Family Suite Room because it was pictured with a partition wall with separated sleeping areas, offering privacy. We ended up in a smaller room with no partition and no couch with coffee table. We had two king beds beside each other and our sitting area was a chair and small table crammed into a corner.
Hotel maintained the rooms were the same size but they clearly weren't and the lack of a wall partition area meant there was no privacy for the 2 of us who are just friends. Hotel clerk would not offer a room discount and we had already paid through Expedia.ca. Instead, the Hotel offered a discount on a future stay but we'll never be back to Delhi -- in this lifetime!
Expedia.ca gave us a voucher for future travel but hotel would not budge on any kind of price reduction.

Room Tip: If you are faced with a room switch, insist up front that you get a lesser rate or refund before acc...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends