“Never again!”
Review of Hotel Krishna

Hotel Krishna
Ranked #596 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed two days in this hotel. We needed urgently a room. The price was rude high, the double room de luxe was very dirty, and loud, so you can `t sleep. After check out we got a bill, which was 1500 Rupees to high. They called it special tax, i call it cheating. And if you plan to stay in this hotel , be aware of the tourist office inside, he is also a swindler. For example no railway tickets available in the the next 3 weeks, but i know a good driver. In this road are some nice hotels. So my conclusion never again

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Holger B

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I booked Hotel Krishna as an emergency place to stay on my last night in India, and had a great time staying there. The staff was extremely helpful, the room was clean and reasonably spacious, and the food at the in-hotel restaurant was delicious and very affordable. There was some noise coming into the room at night, but that's pretty much unavoidable in that neighborhood.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Jim P
Mrinal_Upadhyay, Director of Sales at Hotel Krishna, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.
This is our pleasure, you enjoy your stay with us & we make your stay memorable.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

A real value for money, This hotel provides the luxuries that one would expect in 4 and 5 star premises. Although located in the busy part of town, it is minutes away from the Delhi railway station. The service is unmatched at the hotel and also the overall hygiene factor is commendable. Will definitely recommend to all who want the most from their money.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank VikasSharma142

Reviewed November 10, 2011

The hotel was super nice and the staff very friendly. My husband and I booked a tour of the Golden Triangle and stayed in their hotels which were of questionable quality. Our last night in India, we booked at Hotel Krishna and were very impressed. The hotel was much nicer than the "four star" hotels from the travel company.
We highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to India. The food is safe and the location is great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Samantha H

Reviewed November 8, 2011

A very ordinary room in a boring street. There isn't much to do at Hotel Krishna and it's surrounding. The room was dull and the floor are dirty. The toilet was disappointing too. With no shower curtains, the toilet floor is always wet. With the price paid for the room, definitely not worth the price paid.

When we checked in, the reception asked if we want a quiet room and we said yes. But they brought us to a room next to a room undergoing construction that was dirty and dusty with some workers inside. I wasn't comfortable staying in a room at a dark corner beside a room with workers working on the renovation. And it doesn't help that the Indian people loved starring at foreigners.

Lucky me, I did not booked this hotel when i return to Delhi for my flight back home. I went to Hotel Le Roi which price was about the same but with much better rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Cheryl_Kan
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Having travelled to Delhi many years ago, I knew what the neighbouhood would be like. This time I was travelling with husband & two tween girls; booked a 3 star hotel so that we could have a clean bed, hot shower. In India it may be classed 3 star, but "star ratings" are an international measure & this hotel does not rate at that standard. Initial impression: has some "wow" factor; appears modern, colourful. We stayed in a family room with 2x doubles and so that was a plus (no fold out sofa bed). Didn't take long to see the 'cracks': Paper thin walls (could hear everything in the room next door and even conversations in the elevator on the other side of our room; Bathroom was grotty (needed a good scrub); shower went from cold to scorching; water problems (unable to shower or flush toilet on one day); bug in bed. Although non-smoking we could smell smoke from adjacent rooms, There was no fridge nor in-room safe.
The hotel promotes free shuttle from airport - we phoned & emailed several times to arrange with no response. It took two attempts from Expedia.au to get a commitment of airport pickup.
To the hotel's credit they allowed us to check in at 6am without charge. Additionally they were sympathetic (although no offer of assistance) of complaints about the Travel Agent they have residing in their hotel lobby when we were being ripped off (that's another story).
If the hotel was promoted as 2 or 2.5 star it would realistic - compared to 3 stars I've stayed at in many counries, this doesn't compare.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank RMACH
Reviewed November 1, 2011

It's difficult to find if you are walking over from the Metro station. The Metro is by the Ajmeri gate of the railway station while Hotel Krishna is closer to the Paharganj gate. So if you are taking the metro from the airport to the city, you will have to enter the railway station and exit through Paharganj gate. The road leading to the hotel is both chaotic, dirty and smells awful. To save all this trouble, take a taxi directly from the airport. Shouldn't cost you more than 400rupees to get to Hotel Krishna.

Check in at reception was speedy. I was even offered a bottled water upon arrival. Elevator was a bit small, so might take two trips if you have huge bags. The interior was neat and modern. Huge contrast from what was outside the hotel. The room I had was a twin room with the basic amenities. I booked through a travel site and it was about USD 60 a night including taxes. Bathroom was alright but will be all wet after someone has a shower. They had the bucket thing too if you prefer not to use the shower. The sink faucet was a bit faulty. Had to be careful when turning it on so water didnt splash all over.

Free wifi was a big plus. Connection was great on my first stay but terrible when friends and I stayed again the second time. Reason was they changed the router location and our room was quite far from it.

Breakfast was very simple. Bread, jam and butter, some pasta, and fried noodles. You can ask for omelette from the cook.

The most annoying thing during my stay was housekeeping or room service (wasn't sure) came knocking at my door and ringing the bell several times in the evening. Don't know if this was due to the fact I was staying alone on the first night (solo female traveler). When I went to answer the door, they just went "oh sorry sorry". And this happened a few times on that night even at 10pm. I was too exhausted to complain to management so I let it go.

Check out was also quick. Front desk will help you get a taxi to the airport for 400rupees. It's safe but I am sure you could get something cheaper if you get one from the streets yourself.

Overall, the stay was alright and would recommend the hotel to friends wanting to stay near the railway station.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends