“MY EXPERIENCE AT HOTEL ROYAL HOLIDAYS NEAR FORTIS JESSA RAM HOSPITAL.”

Hotel Royal Holidays
Ranked #168 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hotel royal holidays proved to be a home a way from home indeed. It is moderately furnished with familiar and welcoming decors. The hotel management and workers are very friendly, approachable and always ready to help. The room is cozy and well equipped with almost everything you desire in a dream room.I spent a total of 12 nights at the hotel and each day is filled with new experience. I look forward to seeing each day and the people in the hotel who made my stay in India worth the while.
The hotel is located in a high profile area of Karol Bagh in New Delhi. The environment is serenic ,clean, safe and quiet.

It is a place i will always want to lodge each time i am visit to India.

Room Tip: Rooms on the middle floor are quieter if you enjoy privacy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank olatunde a

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hotel Royal Holidays is an good place to stay on your trips in India. Their Staff are very accommodating and are always eager to help you with your challenges especially when you are not fluent with the native dialect of the locality. Nice menu and room Service.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Donsir
Reviewed September 16, 2011

But it is true, the room was only fairly clean. The sheets were perfectly clean but somehow the floor seemed like it had not been properly mopped for ages. The bathroom was pretty gross. There was some sort of strange growth of mold (never seen it before in South Africa or Europe!) that came out of an opening in the corner. But I pointed it out to the cleaner and he took care of it. Only problem was it continued growing the next day...oh well. So I walked around the room in my flip flops and took a shower in my flip flops. Yes, there was hot water, so at least I felt completely clean. On the second day I noticed roaches scurrying across the bed after I got up. That kind of grossed me out. Guess I should have gone out and bought bug spray but at the time I did not thing of it. Now the plus points - Karol Bagh is a good area (I do not understand the comments to the contrary). Very safe, good shopping, and pretty central. The hotel is about 7 minutes walking distance to the metro. The Karol Bagh stop is just minutes from CP in the centre. Could not ask for more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I did decide on the first day to make 'random gestures of kindness' with a few tips for the cleaning guy, newspaper guy, and I would bring back samosas for the reception staff from the most famous samosa place in old Delhi. This was much appreciated and boy did they smile. No, I would not stay here again because I always think of those roaches and mold, but it was certainly doable. So I would say 2.5 to 3.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank KincsZoltan
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We'd booked this hotel as part of a package with STA travel agents so we assumed it would at least be clean and comfortable, but we had also heard that cleanliness standards in India are not comparable to other parts of Asia. The first night we stayed in a "luxury" room which was bearable - it was really large, although the sheets and sofa were dirty and the bathroom window was broken. The second time we stayed it was just terrible, the room was tiny, the bathroom was horrible, everything was dirty and the air-con was ridiculously loud and leaked. One thing they did do well was to look after our luggage while we went on a tour of the Rajasthani area for a couple of days, although I'm not sure how safely it was stored. We decided to move to the Lakshmi Hotel down the road for our last two nights in India, which wasn't perfect but certainly a much better standard in every way.

If you're not to bothered about the cleaniless, the hotel is also quite hard to find. We took a taxi from the airport (as the aiport pickup we arranged with the hotel didn't show) and he had to ask around a lot before he found it as it is hidden down a little alley.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mim204
Reviewed May 4, 2011

DON'T EVER stay in this hotel! I'd made pictures of my room,.. the dirty toilet,.. yellow spots blankets, off refrigerator, incredibly old fashioned & very loud AC (made us couldn't sleep almost all night)... It was nightmares...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank erlysa
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I stayed here for two nights on a short visit to Delhi. I booked the room online and believed the pics of the hotel posted on their website. However, the hotel is not exactly how it is portrayed on their site. It is located in a narrow lane at the Karol Bagh area. The room I was allotted was vary small with almost no space to move. There was an old window ac and a wall-mounted TV. The room was clean and the bathroom had necessary accessories, though.

I paid Rs.2000 for the room with a buffet breakfast. It was a good breakfast! The room service was not very prompt, but still available.

Room Tip: Do not avail the over-priced travel assistance
  • Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Rooms are small, dirty and with no natural light, in the window there is a big whole for an aircondition which works very loudly. I spent there 4 nights. Arrived in the middle of the night we've got to the room and we had to ask for another room, because the bathroom was dirty, with ants everywhere and the shower didn't work. The new room was dirty as well, but without ants. The only plus was that bedsheets were CLEAN and I was not afraid to sleep in it. For sure it is not a place where you can take a rest after all-day visiting. Brekfast was like all this hotel. We were asked to pay for all the stay as soon as we arrived.... The good point is the manager from the travel agency who takes care for reservations - helpful and realy polite and nice, but he doesn't own this hotel and finally has nothing to do with it except charging you for it. When we were living they were starting to re-paint the walls, maybe it helps a bit, but I would not be ready to check. I learned after all that in general this district (Karl Bagh) is not very good to stay, even if quite close to the center.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple