“Dirty hotel”

Hotel Royal Holidays
Ranked #166 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed May 4, 2011

DON'T EVER stay in this hotel! I'd made pictures of my room,.. the dirty toilet,.. yellow spots blankets, off refrigerator, incredibly old fashioned & very loud AC (made us couldn't sleep almost all night)... It was nightmares...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank erlysa

Reviewed April 2, 2011

I stayed here for two nights on a short visit to Delhi. I booked the room online and believed the pics of the hotel posted on their website. However, the hotel is not exactly how it is portrayed on their site. It is located in a narrow lane at the Karol Bagh area. The room I was allotted was vary small with almost no space to move. There was an old window ac and a wall-mounted TV. The room was clean and the bathroom had necessary accessories, though.

I paid Rs.2000 for the room with a buffet breakfast. It was a good breakfast! The room service was not very prompt, but still available.

Room Tip: Do not avail the over-priced travel assistance
  • Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Rooms are small, dirty and with no natural light, in the window there is a big whole for an aircondition which works very loudly. I spent there 4 nights. Arrived in the middle of the night we've got to the room and we had to ask for another room, because the bathroom was dirty, with ants everywhere and the shower didn't work. The new room was dirty as well, but without ants. The only plus was that bedsheets were CLEAN and I was not afraid to sleep in it. For sure it is not a place where you can take a rest after all-day visiting. Brekfast was like all this hotel. We were asked to pay for all the stay as soon as we arrived.... The good point is the manager from the travel agency who takes care for reservations - helpful and realy polite and nice, but he doesn't own this hotel and finally has nothing to do with it except charging you for it. When we were living they were starting to re-paint the walls, maybe it helps a bit, but I would not be ready to check. I learned after all that in general this district (Karl Bagh) is not very good to stay, even if quite close to the center.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Do NOT stay here!! what a sham this place is. Now I've seen India's hotels and this was appalling. We booked via STA who have clearly been misled by the 'photoshopped' website. This hotel features no free airport transfer, no restaurant, no hotwater, no TV reception, intermittent air-con & internet, zero cleanliness & no manners or morals. The only saving grace was our lovely room service guy who was paid & treated appallingly. Need i say more?! They really couldn't care less-total rip off.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hawksleys_travels
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This first thing I have to say about reading these reviews to prepare for your journey to India is this: YOU'RE GOING TO INDIA!! Don't expect a three star hotel in Delhi to be the same as a three star hotel in Europe or North America. Everything in India is very different than what I had ever experienced before. So know what? For Delhi, this place is just fine. The staff were willing to accommodate all my needs and questions, the room was clean, the fridge worked and the TV had English stations. I couldn't have asked for much more for the price. There's good coffee at Coffee Day down the street, the shopping is great and the air conditioning helped a LOT in June. Be prepared, it'll be noisy. But like I said, it's INDIA. India is noisy.

PS. Don't book through a North American travel agent because they take a hefty commission. If you can book direct, do it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank JanSmith43
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Next time i go to India, i would go back to this hotel. Comfortable and clean (!) rooms, nice service, good prices and best sleep ever (even with everyday power cuts:-)!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank EH_CZ
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed in Royal Holidays hotel from 20 Aug 2010 - 25 Aug 2010. I booked the hotel from airasiago.com.

it's stated there it is three stars hotel, with a very nice photographs, but sadly, the reality spoke differently. furthermore, i had a bad experience with the hotel, I booked twin bed, and they gave us single bed. the cleanliness is also bad. I hate the hotel manager the most, his name is Mr. Tarikh (that's what he said to me). he looked friendly and nice by offering himself to help us to book the train ticket to Agra and Jaipur, but he set a trap for us. In the next morning, a friend of him, a young indian gangster guy came to our room, and brought us to his "office". there he set a trap, fortunately, we realized, and went away from him. in the next day, we asked his help to order a taxi from karol bagh to new delhi station, and he charged us 500 Rs, which is a very crazy price.

dont stay here!!