“Nice place for a simple breakfast”
Review of Sam's Cafe

Sam's Cafe
Ranked #526 of 12,580 Restaurants in New Delhi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Pahar Ganj
Agra
“Nice place for a simple breakfast”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had breakfast here this morning. The food was reasonably good but nothing special. It took us a while to find as it was not where Lonely Planet said it was. The roof terrace was nice and the service was fairly quick.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Managed to get it all wrong.

Eggs were cold. Maaza was warm. Toast was bread. Hashbrowns were slop. Couldn't poach an egg as they weren't part of the set breakfast. Over-priced for what it was. The one star is for having a newspaper on the premises.

Awful.

New Delhi
“Awesomeness”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been in Delhi for long and my love for food is known to my peers. i visited Sam's Cafe last week for the first time. though i have been to paharganj many times for the love of art but it was my first visit to Sam's. i went there with my fellow food lover friend as just by passing by and clicking pictures we saw the board at rooftop. it was a great experinec, as there was sun shinning and at the open roof top was a heaven. We ordered the Israeli Schintzel and Tenderlion Steak with Mushrooms. i was baffled the moment i saw the quantity of the food. it was humongous. I was bit disappointed with the fries as they were too oily. The staek was moist but bit chewy ( but the sauce and mushroom just did the wonder). The humus along with the schitznel was awesome and tasted really good with the pita bread and the chicken pieces. The portion was soo large that we packed some of the food. and it was very affordable. I will visit this place regularly now with my friends.

• Visited January 2013
Hong Kong, China
1,750 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 11,900 helpful votes
“Nice backpacker(ish) cafe in the Paharganj area”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We enjoyed a decent, quick lunch at Sam's Cafe on the main Bazaar street of the in the Paharganj area of New Delhi. The restaurant can be found by looking for the orange sign and is located within the Vivek Hotel. Overall, we found this to be a good backpacker type restaurant in this area of the city.

The downstairs area of the restaurant is quite small, only a few small tables. However, on the 4th floor rooftop there is a large seating area with plenty of tables and seats. There is a wide selection of Indian, Western and other international cuisine choices at Sam's Cafe.

We ordered the Arrabiata Pizza (180 rupee or US$3.28) that wasn't bad at all. Crust was good enough, light tomato sauce and cheese was fine, pizza had some nice green chili bits that made it quite spicy, something those who enjoy hot food will love (rating 3.75 of 5). We would happily order this pzza again.

We also ordered the veggie burger (150 rupee) that was heavily spiced in classic Indian cuisine fashion. This was a nice burger and of generous size. It came with a bit of salad that was ok and french fries, which were soggy but ok (3.25 of 5). For drinks we ordered a sweet lassi that was good (3 of 5) and a masala tea that was a bit watery and not particularly nice (2 of 5).

Overall, we enjoyed our stop at Sam's Cafe and would gladly visit again if we find ourselves in the Paharganj area.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank BradJill
Telford, United Kingdom
“DISGUSTING!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'm not in the habit of writing bad reviews but I'm making an exception here. We went, based on the good reviews on here, to Sam's for breakfast two days ago and sat on their rooftop, which was quite pleasant. We ordered two American breakfasts, for 150 rupees each, which were supposed to include a freshly cooked omelet. What turned up was an omelet that smelt like fish, two cold dried up pieces of pork with curry sauce on and some cold potatoes and onions, also with curry sauce on. My husband didn't get his and mine was uneatable. Looking on the bright side, I did get some slightly rancid butter to go with my stale roll and some jam, which is more than my husband got, he just had the stale bread roll. There were some people at the next table, who also found it impossible to eat their American breakfast. The waiter took their plates away and then my husbands turned up. I'm convinced it was scaped from their plate onto his. Never again!

• Visited December 2012