“Good Food, Indifferent Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ploof - Gourmet Kitchen & Deli
Ranked #1,730 of 12,530 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in the heart of South Delhi, in the quaint Lodhi Market, Ploof - the inspired gourmet kitchen is a gastronomic delight with the very best European food that also serves the finest breads, cheeses, cold cuts, desserts and gourmet foods along with all the classic Ploof seafood favourites. It has been featured in Lonely Planet India.
New Delhi, India
“Good Food, Indifferent Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Been there twice. Ate fish both times, Red Snapper the first, and Sea Bass the next, and enjoyed it thoroughly. My daughter had a fish preparation in the form of Sri Lankan curry with rice, which was also quite good. Just five tables, bottom of the heap waiters who are inattentive, expect for one person who knew his job. A fairly good menu, worth coming back again and again. Unpretentious and comfortable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

austalia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nikos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

all very nice
aii nice.india bolihood food dance movies friendships relactiotion bonlon inn hotel very nice

Visited July 2013
New Delhi
“Terrible service, average food, rip-off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Took my family for breakfast here and the service moved a snail place - like the staff were sleep walking or they'd been sedated. When the food finally came (we're talking almost 40 minutes) the pancakes were disgusting. Wouldn't recommend the smoked salmon and eggs. Hugely overpriced like so many non Indian restaurants in Delhi. Total rip-off. Would go out of business in a second if it was anywhere else but there's so little choice in south Delhi, especially in that area.

• Visited August 2013
Pune, India
“Lovely Open air terrace with lip smacking food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great things as follows
The food overall is lip smacking
Special mention to its fresh and delicious Duet grilled prawns
The staff is extremely attentive
Lovely open air terrace setting( they also have inside seating options)
Overall a gastronomic delight!!!

• Visited August 2013
New Delhi
“Ho hum!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I hadn't been back to Ploof in years till May this year since the last couple of times I'd felt like they were trying to freeze me along with the fish.

This time, a friend insisted and I went along since I presumed I'd get great fish. Despite a reservation, we had a table right next to the door. We asked for it to be changed (about a million times) but the waiters seemed bent on giving us a special table where the folk weren't anywhere near the end of their meal. I finally ran and grabbed another table when it got empty.

I asked for a beer pint which was bitter when it arrived. The replacement took another million requests to arrive, was lukewarm and also bitter but by this time, I really couldn't bear to wait any longer (I also wondered if it takes a special kind of restaurant to let a Kingfisher beer get spoiled? A Kingfisher is famous for having so much glycerine in it that it could cry for itself) so I accepted whatever I got.

I ordered a spicy Sri Lankan seafish curry while my friends ordered chicken and lamb. Both enjoyed their dishes, especially the lamb, but I found mine far less enjoyable than the one I'd had the previous evening at a local Goanese restaurant (for one fourth the price). It wasn't spicy, it wasn't hot and it wasn't worth sending back for improvements.

All in all, it may be a few more years before I go back to Ploof unless I get ploof (sorry, couldn't resist) of improvements. I mean, how can you ruin a beer and curry??

Visited May 2013