“Lunch in Assam Food Stall”
Review of Dilli Haat

Dilli Haat
Ranked #95 of 13,029 Restaurants in New Delhi
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Sarojini Nagar
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Me and my friends came to Dilli Haat looking for something unusual to try and we zeroed in on the Assam Food Stall for its Assamese fish curry and rice.
To be honest, nothing else on the menu fit our description of 'unusual': most of it was North Indian and Chinese cuisine.

There was only one guy taking all the orders and serving all the food. He asked us repeatedly whether we really do want the Assamese fish curry. He said it would be tangy, and not spicy at all. He was a little apprehensive about us not liking it, but we assured him that we do want the real stuff.

Now I'm not a big fan of fish. But that curry was really something else. :')
I liked it so much, I took a second and third helping of the curry - it didn't even taste fishy!
The Assamese fish thali came with a dish of mashed potatoes (and some other dishes) that tasted just like your typical parantha filling - it was interesting to eat.

Me and my friend loved the chicken thukpa too - it's one of my standard favourites from Dilli Haat.

I'm totally earmarking the Assamese Food Stall as a great place for great thukpa and I definitely intend to try the Assamese chicken thali next time ;)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a place which offers a glimpse of the artisans work from various regions in India. There are clothes and foods of all regions as well

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The concept, its almost flawless implementation and economical sustainability. One of the oldest civilizations of the world, India is cornucopia of bedazzling variety of crafts. Interact with the craftsmen and feel the perfection spawned due to passing the art and skill from one generation to another.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was an excellent idea to have a place like Dilli Haat. Haat means weekly market similar to the Flea Market in the West. A must for all to visit for varity of FOOD, souviers, gifts items. It is a unique experience for children & adults. Entrance fees should be increased. Car parking is limited.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

much nice other places nearby. Food hygiene is not taken much care.

msut visit on big occasions only.