“Not recommended. Spend a little more & stay at another hotel”

EuroStar International
Ranked #248 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Not recommended. Spend a little more & stay at another hotel”
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Stayed here one night waiting for flight home. Picked due to location to airport- 10 mins.
Arrived at hotel which was down some side streets off the main road and was like a building site. Checked in & was taken to room.
Room was small with bed and tv but was adequete for 1 nights stay, bathrom smelled of damp. We were given towels that were wet & when we tried to change them the guy came back with some more wet towels. Luckily we had our own.
The pillows on the bed were damp and we made sure that we wore long trousers & tops when we went to sleep- if it had been warm enough I would have slept on top of the covers.
During the night it was very noisey and could hear everything in the other rooms as well as outside. Woke unrefreshed & couldn't wait to leave.
It advertisers a restaurant- There isn't one.

All in all- it was one nights stay before flight. I would not go back there again and left the holiday on a bit of a low. Not recommended. If you have £15-20 more spend it on better hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
BAL2K, public relations at EuroStar International, responded to this review, March 14, 2010
Dear Customer,

Firstly please let me appologise for the level of service you have recieved.

I'm sorry to her you did not get a clean dry room/ towel's!
the reason for this was because during the time of your stay! it was unusally chill in india! and as our laundry come's from a local service (to help build up the area we keep most services local) it was very difficult for them to dry anything washed! as there was little to no sunshine!

this also caused the room to smell a little damp as we then oppted to dry bed shhets with the inroom fan!

we have now taken this into account and have purchased a dryer!

We do not advertise a restaurant in any of our listing's

(Breakfast is tea/coffee & toast but you wouldn't want to eat anything else from there.)
There is nothing more avaliable from the hotel, unless you use the resturant we work in conjuction with!

Please remember this is a budget hotel, and amonest the cheapest in the area! we do the best we can and understand we may fall behind in customer service, but we are working very hard to make the hotel better as we go on!

once again sorry for your experiance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Finnish first
Salt Spring Island, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I stayed here twice in a 3 week period for a short period between flights. It's decent enough by 'Delhi' standards... Fairly clean, hot water, friendly & helpful staff, tv, wireless internet. It fit the bill on a 10 hour wait between flights... paid 1500 INR, although you could probably get it cheaper. Don't opt for the breakfast... lame toast and omelet. There is no restaurant on the premises - they brought it in from somewhere. 10 minutes to either terminal - off the main highway with all the hotels by about 100 metres.

Very hard to find... Have the address and phone number written down (down the alley with the Blue Saphire as pointed out - very helpful) First taxi drive had no problems, the second taxi driver 3 weeks later, was totally lost, and even though I'd been there before, disregarded what I would say, and well, it took awhile to get there lets say. Ended up phoning the hotel and having him guide the taxi guy in.

Prompt wake up call. They have their own taxi to take you back to the airport. Takes credit cards... fairly smooth.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Indore
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I happened to be in Delhi on Nov. 4, 2009 for a presentation at Hero Honda head office in Vasant Vihar. Considering its proximity to the domestic airport, I booked a room in the hotel. Though, the price is economical, the room size is terribly small. With one double bed in the room there is hardly any space left. Also, the another problem is that dining facility is not available. I reached there in night at 11.00 and going out to have dinner at that time in Mahipalpur Area is not very preferable.

So, the room size and non-availability of dining facility are the two major problems.

• Liked — Clean and Peaceful
  • Disliked — Room Size
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

chennai
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights. the place around the hotel is a dirty settlement. Just outside the hotel room you are in a dirty north Indian village like feeling. I paid 1650 Rupees per night which includes a breakfast. The breakfast served worth 20 Rs (two pieces of toasted bread and a cup of tasteless tea). The advertisement in the web shows as if this is like a star hotel, but the real conditions work 500 to 700 Rupees per night. Even the cab wala had a hard time finding this hotel. I wonder what is international in the hotel as the name suggests.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
U.K
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Only a couple of miles from the international airport (but not that easy to find). This hotel is really cheap and pretty basic. The rooms are cleanish (the pillows were a bit grubby), the water was hot. The whole place is charmless but the staff are helpful. good place to stay if you have an early flight and you just need to crash out.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JezandSteph
Skipton, Yorkshire
Reviewed June 8, 2009

This is a real find for those wishing to stay overnight close to both Delhi International & Domestic Airports.
Rooms are very clean, good value for location, TV, good bathrooms, new mattresses!
Internet service with Skype also available, airport transfers available.
Management & staff are very friendly. I have been in the travel industry for many years and feel i can highly recommend this hotel for those on a budget or backpacking.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I spent ages hunting for a decent place near to IGI as I had a very early start for my flight to return home and finally found this little gem. I telephoned the hotel in advance and booked my overnight room at an amazing cost of 750Rs which did not include breakfast although I did not notice a restaurant. On arrival, a very friendly staff member said that I could get some chai, an omelette or some toast if I wanted - just simple stuff and I could eat it in my room. The manager at reception also suggested a restaurant called 'Bikaner' which is nearby and he advised that it was very reasonable and clean - although I didn't actually bother with a meal that night. Finding the hotel wasn't that difficult as, after we'd come off the highway, my taxi driver kept stopping to ask directions and we found the tiny little lane off to the left that houses the hotel with the 'Blue Sapphire' hotel on the corner. Don't be put off by the narrow, muddy lane as the hotel is absolutely fine and great for one night. My room was fairly small and it did have a window, albeit on to a ventilation shaft and I could hear the conversation of the couple in the room next door when they were standing in the bathroom, but it wasn't noisy at all after bed time. The en suite bathroom (wet room) was clean and there was hot water. The TV didn't work, but that wasn't the end of the world as I was getting up at 03:30 and got an alarm call bang on time in the morning. The hotel had organised transport at a reasonable rate and he turned up as expected and we drove the 30 minutes straight to the airport. I would definitely recommend this place if you have an early flight and want to be close to IGI. There's a pc hooked up to the internet on the ground floor (no lifts by the way) and they have a printer which they can plug in if required. Very nice people.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo