Hotel Godwin Deluxe
$155
$131
$84
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$298
  • Pool
$76
$50
  • Pool
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
$206
$185
1,010 results
All reviewsmr vijayindian grillarakashan roadfront office stafftrain stationrooftop restaurantgreat hotelconnaught placemodern amenitiesrain showernice bathroomtravel deskroom service ishotel locatedairport pickuplobby areaexecutive room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

sometime can not imagine in the lanes of Paharganj you can have that quality Hotel.

Its nice and clean, amenities in the rooms are fantastic,

Nice and courteous staff, Breakfast is good but can be improved.

One of the Best Hotel in Paharganj, when I am in Delhi I prefer this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GodwinNewDelhi, General Manager at Hotel Godwin Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest thanks for choosing Godwin Deluxe for your stay in Delhi your Review was a source of satisfaction to our Team at the Hotel and a inspiration to strive for even more stramlined services.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was on a business trip to Delhi and had choosen Hotel Grand Godwin for stay after much deliberations.
As you enter the hotel lobby from the hustle and bustle of paharganj you will find courteous staff welcome you and check in was completed swiftly.
My room was well appointed and bedding very comfortable for a good night sleep after a tiring day.
Breakfast was on terrace restaurant which was complimentary but was quiet elaborate and service very prompt.
Overall Highly recommended if you are in Delhi

• Stayed: November 2013
GodwinNewDelhi, General Manager at Hotel Godwin Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Guest Thanks for your encourageing Review regards your Stay with us it is a source of inspiration for further improvement and stramlined Services.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

we booked here last minute as we have 10 hours in delhi between flights and train and wanted somewhere to refresh and put out things, working out to $40 AUD to was worth it. we were very surprised at the quality of the hotel, the rooms, the restaurant. Ravi on reception was great, he helped us book a taxi to the airport, call the airline and they were able to help us in which direction to find things in town. its a really close walk from the train station & easy to find so perfect if you are training to, from agra.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
GodwinHotelsDelhi, General Manager at Hotel Godwin Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your compliments. They will definitely be passed on to my team for whom it shall be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team at the hotel and i look forward to welcoming you back soon

Warm Regards
Team Godwin

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We liked it because: nicely designed rooms, really good working and quiet AC, very comfy bed, great rain/massageshower, friendly personnel (not always at the reception desk, see remarks). Location not that bad at all, certainly not when you compare it to other Indian cities.
Remarks: - Bed cover sheet had been used before, so we asked for a change. But we had mulitple times in Indian hotels, so not a big surprise for us. Other bed linnen was really clean.
- be aware that the free shuttle service as mentioned on booking.com only means a free pick-up service. Also when you arrive by train. They charge Rps 700 for the drop-off at the airport.
- Wifi at slow speed most of the day.
- Most of the personnel at the reception desk didn't speak English very well. When we asked really basic questions about the Delhi city tour (80 km, 8 hrs, 1600 rps) the guy at the travel desk did not understand us at all. And he was too proud to get some help. An annoying Indian attitude we experienced before. But we got help from the manager. So if you have any questions, please turn to him: he is very friendly, calm and helpful. And the tour was really nice: you can just choose where you want to go by yourselves: our driver was called Khimlal from Nepal and he was the most calmful driver we had in three weeks India!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IreneNL
GodwinNewDelhi, General Manager at Hotel Godwin Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Guest;

It was a plesure of having your stay with us at Godwin Deluxe your observa

tions about your stay are of out most important for us to improve all the same thanks

for your valueble time to write the Review.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here on two seperate occasions during a week in India. Godwin Deluxe is a lovely hotel; swanky rooms (electric curtains!), decent shower and good breakfast. It isn't located in the best part of Delhi, but it's exactly how I imagined India to be, so I didn't mind the location at all. Plus, it was handy getting to and from New Delhi station. So, why only three stars?

1 - On my first visit, the hotel offered to book trains for me (any foreigner will know how time-consuming/difficult it is to book trains in India in person). I took them up on this as I didn't fancy a 1-2 hour wait at the station. I was served by a hotel manager, who informed me that every single train I wanted (over a one week period) was fully booked for the following five days after my chosen date. However, he could offer me a driver for 16,000 rupees. Despite "we're not trying to make money, there are no trains available", the price was quickly dropped to 12,000 rupees. I was sceptical so tried the train station, and surprise surprise, my trains were available and far from fully booked, so I secured all three journeys for 1,500 rupees - a substantial saving! I was disappointed as I expected this sort of behaviour from a tout on the street, not a hotel.

2 - On my second visit I arrived late (11.30pm) and was palmed off to the hotel next door (Krishna Deluxe) by a hotel manager. I don't know why, but I was assured the rooms were better. This was not the case, and being on the first floor it was rather noisy from the road. I was too tired to argue at this point, but all the same I wasn't overly pleased. I have read another review of this happening to someone else, so be warned!

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cheem
peteraymond, General Manager at Hotel Godwin Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Respected guest thanks for choosing and stay in Hotel Godwin Deluxe as responce to your reviewin Trip Advisor we wish to clarify as regards Train Reservation you were shown the official Indian Railways web site and the non avalibility of the Tickets were Real time Reflections.;as regards the Car Prices you were offered two different prices for two different car varients and no pressure was applied as most of the Hotels would do and the onus was for you to decide but still no hard fellings you are welcome to your views and we respect them at the out most.