New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #71 of 704 Hotels in New Delhi
Sydney, Australia
“Clean, modern and warm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed twice during our Indian adventure, at the beginning and end of the tri.
Rooms are modern, clean and the beds are so comfortable, unlike some of the planks of wood I felt like I had been sleeping on.
Food is average, as is the service. Showers, whilst looking great are not functional with their massage heads. Hard to control temperature to get a good warm shower.
Beyond this I would return, just for a comfortable sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel and higher up, level 2 or above to avoid the noise of araksh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ultreya2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We chose this hotel for its central location - it's just 10 mins by foot from New Delhi Railway Station. We had fairly low expectations about what it would be like. In fact, we were very pleasantly surprised. From the honking chaos of Arakashan Road, you step into organised peace and quiet. It's intended for people who are only staying a night or two - it's not organised for extended stays. Serious money has been spent on the hotel recently, so all mod cons are there, and in pristine condition. The rooftop restaurant is small but well staffed. The food is good. But for all that, it's India. If you wander about in the middle of the night, step carefully: lest you walk on the hotel staff, asleep on the floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David_from_Herts
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here a year ago for more than two weeks..,everything is fine with room amanties and cleanliness..The breakfast is very poor!...But the worst part is that after leaving for check out. The guy from the reception is trying to charge us 30 dollars for the 5cm ripped of the curtain which in all the days that we are staying. We did not open the window cause it was winter and Arakashan road is a noisy area..We lost more than half an hour of our time arguing and explaining that It was not our fault. So stressful that we almost miss our flights!!...But due to my experience dealing with Indians I did not paid the money to fix the curtain...I have been travelling to India for so many years and stayed in different hotels. This type of tourist trap is quite new to me...So now a days before entering in any other hotel I always check If everything is properly fix.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FSE777
Malibu, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

It's just so so. The trash in the toilet is not cleaned upon my arrival. Staff is not very friendly. No soap in the toilet. I use a sleeping bag but the bed sheets seem clean. There's an attractive lonely planet board outside the hotel. They charged me around 2300 in the enquiry email, however finally I found that its 2100 on Cleartrip. They also charged me 740for pickup at the airport, finally the prepaid taxi cost me only 300. The LP advertisement makes the hotel so arrogant. Not really recommend it considering the price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ChelseaXie
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was not just accomodation but a home for my wife and me.We were treated with respect and love by the hotel management and every staff, be it the porter,cleaner or the kitchen staff.The reception desk was very accomodating in every aspect,whether we needed to exchange money or if we needed any information about anything.The entrance/exit doorman was always willing to have a tuk tuk or a cab ready for us every morning and at the price that the villagers would pay.I was astounded by the honesty and humality of all the hotel staff especially the room cleaners.Our highlight of the hotel, I would say was the food and beverages manager(Vipin) and his team.We did have a very long stay at this hotel,almost 2 weeks,so the menu did become a bit stale but all thanks to Vipin.He never failed to interest us with his cooking skills and many varieties of dishes.I will highly recommend this hotel group to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed for 1 week on the 1st floor and the other week on 3rd floor.I found no difference,both were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vinay k
Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel was lovely, the rooms were spacious and clean with excellant bathrooms. The staff were very helpful and accommodating (which proved very useful when trying to sort out train tickets to Agra and being hounded by touts at New Delhi train station). Worth every penny, a hotel filled with western comforts, but......... TAKE EARPLUGS. I can honestly find no fault with this hotel but it is in a very busy part of Delhi. It is noisy 24/7 and on our first night there was a Hindu wedding outside the hotel, in hindsight, fabulous to watch but when your jetlagged I was not so impressed. Walking out of the hotel for the first time can be a little intimidating but stick with it, Delhi is an experience if nothing else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katie F
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Firstly, I'll start by saying that most the reviews I read on here are critical of Paharganj, not the hotel. So if you've never been to Paharganj just a warning - it's loud, bustling, dirty, chaotic and probably my favourite place in the world. Lot's of people hate it. If you're on a tour and used to Western comforts you might want to stay in Connaught Place or the burbs.

The hotel is excellent - great rooms, great service, excellent bathrooms and all at a great price. Plus free airport pick up.

Only negative is the location. It's a good ten minute walk to main bazaar but the walk does take you past some excellent street food stalls if you need a kebav or aloo tikki on the way! :-)

Highly recommended although I prefer Metropolis based on location only.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple