“Good for short stay close to Delhi Rail”

OYO 3472 Hotel Rama Inn
Ranked #236 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've stayed at Rama Inn before, so this was my second stay. The staff is very friendly and rooms are priced very good. Rooms include A/C (working very well) and hot water 24hrs. Cable television with some english channels are included. WiFi is free, but goes in and out frequently, but works enough to get surfing done. They will not ask you if you want your room cleaned, you must ask them to do it. Not sure if this is the norm in India, but I have had to do this at several hotels within the country. Beds are a bit stiff, so if you need a soft mattress, this place will not be good for you.

Room Tip: WiFi router on 2nd floor was not working on my visit, so try to get a room on the 1st floor. 2nd fl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank TexanTrvlr

Reviewed February 16, 2014

For a family family function I had to make arrangements for nearly 30 guests. My previous stay at Hotel Rama Inn, encouraged me to trust my guests in the wonderful safe hands of this Inn. All my guests had good words for the service and upkeep of the Hotel. I was surprised by the good words from my nephew's friends, many of whom in their MNC's job normally would stay in 5 star Hotel. They were happy about quality of room service.

The fact that the hotel is nearly 200 meters away from New Delhi station and a walking distance from cannought place is an added advantage. For those who would like to see inner delhi from tourist point of view , this hotel is highly recommended. I recommend all to stay at the hotel and book the hotel in advance.

Room Tip: Premium rooms are the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My stay at Rama Inn was for 15 hours due to a connecting train. Hotel location is Paharganj - quite close to the station. The hotel authorities were kind enough to come to station to pickup and drop well (early morning train). Food was okay. My laundry of a week was done within evening!! Bathroom plumbing was not well - no hot water was there...I changed rooms due to wanting a better AC! An average stay - couldn't ask more for the price I payed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Spacejunk
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have stayed for the second time at Hotel Rama Inmn in New Delhi after about two and a half years from the previous trip. What may I say? For me is the usual wonderful homestay in New Delhi: everything was perfect, rooms clean and staff has been kind and helpful as usual. i recommend all of you to stay there .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It was a nice experience booking the hotel. The hotel was neat and clean, easy to locate and walking distance from New Delhi railway station. The staff was warm and friendly. No hassles during check out too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had to travel to Manali and hence decided to go thru Delhi and stay there for some shopping. We had booked a standard room which had cost us Rs 700 through Expedia. As soon as we were led to our room all I felt was the worse room iv ever stayed in. The room is too very small and the toilet window was broken. We ordered for 2 plate poori and bhaaji which took him 45 mins to 1 hr to get. However, we upgraded our room by paying just Rs 300 and then the room got so so better. This room was completely good. Spacious enough with a large round bed and all looked good. We did enquire about half day rentals as well. We were told that any kind of room would cost 700 for a half day rental. The hotel is very close to the railway station like a 5 min walk. But an utter waste for a person who is travelling from airport to hotel with a perspective of only shopping, as shopping is more towards the city side and the autos would charge you like 140 to 150 bucks one way. Also, since wanted to catch a bus to manali from ISTB Kashmir gate the manager set us up with a taxi and we clearly mentioned to the manager that we need to be dropped to Harison travels, Near Swami Narayan temple, ITSB Kashmir Gate . When we mentioned the same to the driver he said that the manager has clearly asked me to drop u off at ISTB. He also charged us Rs 600 for this. It is a better option to go out and rent a taxi rather than asking the hotel staff for their help.

Room Tip: Do not pick standard rooms at all. Then your rooms will be good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

For me it is a time tested hotel. As usual excellent services are maintained. Best for me/family as the New Delhi Rly Stn is so near. Staff are ever ready for your comfort. Smile welcomes you every time. Hassle free check in/out. Privacy is wonderfully taken care of. No hidden / false billing. Wash room/linens meet the choice of even most fastidious persons. Its a hotel value for money. I swear can recommend this hotel without hesitation.
hazonline (A K HAZARIKA
Guwahati, 09864012619

Room Tip: Dont fall prey to touts at Rly Station or Airport. Contact the hotel directly. They give many wrong...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family