I have no idea where the positive reviews for this place came from but I assure you this is a god awful place. I stayed here based on the good reviews so let's just put the record straight.
List of issues:
1. Airport pickup requested in original Booking.com booking. Second email request sent the night before flight. Arrived at airport and there was no one. Made a call and over an hour later someone arrived but he couldn't find us despite me saying numerous times we are waiting in Costa Coffee.
2. Free airport pickup. Does it count when you have to pay the 140R parking?
3. Room was a dump. Bed sheets questionable, bathroom grotty and stinking. Fridge didn't work. Air condition didn't work. No toilet paper (requested new roll and a half used re-wrapped roll was given), only one towel for 2 people.
4. The room was freezing! Aircon didn't work so upon request they provided us with a heater which stopped working halfway through our stay.
5. In order to turn the lights off you have to remove they key from the electric device at the door. In other words no electricity in the room through the night so no phone charging, camera charging, no light switch, no HEATER!!
6. The window overlooked a quite beautiful grey wall with a pigeon sat on it. This provided us with sweet birdsong throughout the night.
7. The noise during the night was unbelievable. There was shouting, running up and down the stairs, talking, furniture scraping along the floor. I don't know what the hell was going on out there but it was constant and I don't even remember what time it stopped. This happened BOTH nights we stayed. No one cared at all about the noise.
8. Hot water; well they have it... just you need to tell them 10mins earlier so the water can be heated.
9.. No safe. Small issue but if you have valuables then take them with you. The description says the room comes with one. It didn't.
If you really are thinking of staying here then good luck. Just don't say you weren't warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Grand Peepal; New Delhi's 31 Rooms are fine examples of elegance and functionality, The newly build, well maintained and fully equipped hotel with latest amenities & facilities is assuring its guests a warm welcome & a unique opportunity to enjoy during stay We have a wide array of rooms for our esteemed guests including the Standard room, Deluxe Room, Executive Room with 3 stars amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Grand Peepal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Peepal Hotel