“Good place to stay in Delhi in Nehru Place”

The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place
Ranked #94 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Pune, India
“Good place to stay in Delhi in Nehru Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at Sarovar Portico for my business visit to Delhi. Its a good place to stay with rooms having all the basic amenities...The staff was cordial and the breakfast was good too. But I missed the feeling of luxury that you get for the charges that you incur. All in all, a good place to stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMMuse, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
Amit Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lohmar, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was a bit suprised (and confused) why this hotel has received many good ratings.

It could be that my timing for visiting this hotel was bad in that:

1. the hotel was being refurbished meaning the place was dusty, had to use the service lift and the noise of hammering in other rooms was loud. This on a bank holiday

2. it was a public holiday celebrating Ghandi meaning I was completely stuck 36 hrs in this place

The room was OK nothing special but nothing to really to complain about. I would say mediocre. The mini bar was a bit sad with a coke, orange juice and a mars bar. If you were looking for something like a beer or wine then then look again, this hotel is completely dry. Nothing in the mini bar, nothing on request and nothing at dinner.

The restaurant and the personel were good

All in all at 6000 rupies/night the place was at best 3 stars

Room Tip: I dont think there are any good rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMMuse, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi .

I am disheartened to note your unsatisfactory experience due to rennovation , We are upgrading the hotel for making our guest experience , much more satisfactory .

Please be assured that the same has been shared with the concerned team and the department head for corrective measures and improvement.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to your continued support and patronage to The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi .
Yours sincerely,
Amit Kumar Singh
Mysuru (Mysore), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Centrally located good hotel. Value for money. Rooms are clean, well furnished and comfortable. The only drawback is they have a small coffee shop in the lobby, and no other restaurant. The hotel is under major civil works, hence some noise in daytime is heard. The staff from the front desk, to manager of hotel, and manager of coffee shop is extremely friendly, polite and always willing to help. About 1.5 kilometers walk to Nehru Place Metro station. I was on business for two days, and enjoyed the stay. The main drawback I found was lack of gym or exercise are in the hotel. It is not very enjoyable to go for a morning walk also. This is just because I am little conscious of exercising. The corridors of my room area smells of cigarette smoke. When asked I was told there are no non smoking floors. Once the construction activity is over, It will be a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors towards the middle, which will give you some respite from the con...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMMuse, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

The Muse Sarovar Portico ,
Nehru Place !!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Spacious rooms, complete value for money, in the heart of the city. Service and food at their restaurant is impeccable. Would love to come back. My special thanks to the front desk staff for taking care of me so well.

• Stayed September 2012
GMMuse, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Sir,

Greeting's from The Muse Sarovar Portico , New Delhi .

On behalf of the team of The Muse Sarovar Portico, I wanted to take a moment to send a note to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you .

At The Muse Sarovar Portico, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency, Stay of valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to welcome you back to The Muse Sarovar Portico soon & would be delighted to assist you with any requirements and thank you once again for your support.
Agra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Me & My wife have just returned from a 3 night stay here. We were visiting Delhi for the first time on leisure. best time for sight-seeing or shopping.
This hotel was just perfect for us at all time. we were looked after impeccably. The staff were all incredibly mannerly, cheery and friendly.
The reception staff, in particular, are the nicest and most efficient that we have encountered in all of our travels and definitely the best all the Sarovar Hotels that we have stayed in (and we have stayed in quite a few Sarovar hotels).
The restaurant staff were charming. They were keen for us to try the traditional Indian foods.The room was extremely neat and clean.
Thank you to all for making our first Delhi trip so enjoyable. I'm sure we will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Raj ,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Muse Sarovar Portico is strategically located at Chirag Enclave, adjacent to Nehru Place. The hotel offers good & comfortable stay at a competitive price as compared to the other hotels in the surrounding.
Rooms are spacious and the hotel has got a professional touch in line with the Sarovar Portico group.
The old property certainly got a good facelift on aquisition by the Sarovar Group.
Rooms are spacious with all modern facilities for a business traveller.
Breakfast spread is good and they serve you food of your choice on request.
In room dinining quality is average.
Overall good experience and is recommended for short business tours.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AbhijitBabu
Dear Mr. Abhijit,

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was on a business trip and stayed in The Muse Sarovar for 3 weeks.The service was excellent and I felt it was my own hotel. I had a fantastic dinner buffet in the restaurant. Rooms are neat and clean and also spacious. Staff are professional and well trained.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business