“Strictly Business”

The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place
Ranked #88 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The hotel is little out of the way. The rooms are okay. Staff not very helpful. Poorly trained. Can't find them when you need. If you are a business traveller, best to avoid. The hotel does not have a resturant or a good coffee shop. Room service is expensive. Thankfully there are better resturants available nearby outside including Mainland China..but you need a vechicle to move around. So if you are checkin late from a business trip..maybe you should avoid. Certainly not a family hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed at the Sarovar Muse - New Delhi for a couple of nights in December, 2010. My experience was terrible. Rooms are undoubtedly good, comforting but the reception isn't all that great, looks very ordinary, especially after day sets. When I was about to check out at 5 am, encountered a fault in the bill and asked these guys to rectify. Instead of apologizing, they held my luggage and didn't budge from their decision. I was running late to catch a flight, hence didn't have the time to fight over the discrepancy but these guys at the reception weren't courteous at all. I had a tough time that early morning. Won't recommend anyone (especially single women traveler) going for this property. I also remember, it was quite cold when I had checked into the room and the AC temperature was not optimum, despite several calls to the reception, they still didn't make it apt to sleep. It was freezing.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Anjali K K
musegm, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Mam,

We thank you for taking out your valuable time for the feedback. I on behalf of my team apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and specially during the check out.

We acknowledge the same and have improved our service specially at the reception. The front office team has been on a rigorous training ever since.

The Muse Sarovar Portico team look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Delhi. I would be available on my handset at all times for any assistance that you may require.

Phone: +919910047683

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Business Trip
Background: Client booked this place for us. Stayed for 5 nights.

Stayed at the Sarovar Group of Hotels for the first time and was very pleased with the experience. It was a positive experience.

Plus: Conveniently located on the main road at Chirag Delhi. Rooms are spacious with good quality toiletries. Food is generally of good quality especially the a la carte menu. The breakfast spread is not large but covers all the basic elements. Wi-fi is available on a chargeable basis with convenient buckets such as 1 hour usage, 4 hour usage and 8 hour usage. We could however access the lobby wi-fi for free. However, am not sure whether it is intentionally free or otherwise. Surprise is the chocolates as part of the turn-down service in the rooms.

Minus: Laundry service is very good and therefore also expensive. Also, the access from the car park is not very conducive for people who want to wheel in their luggage or who are confined to wheel-chairs. There is a ramp but is hidden away that most people do not notice it upfront.

The minus are very limited and can ignored considering the overall positive aspects.

The Muse was a surprise find for me. I shall look out for other Sarovar properties in other places as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I went To this hotel with my fiancée last year, and my experience was horrible. This hotel is not at all for family purpose, kinda business-purpose hotel. The hotel is situated out of the main town. The staffs were a bit extra helpful(thats a bit weired). The service boy was constantly looking at my fiancée, and the desk boy even sent a friend request to her in orkut.
Breakfast was not upto the mark. Food is expensive and they always forced us to take their hotel taxi which was really expensive.
I will never go to that hotel ever again....i also will not recommended anyone one to go that weired hotel( keep away especially women)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shayaan_Feer
musegm, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize to have not being able to meet up to your expectations.

We have taken your feedback very strongly and i am sure you will find a marked change in your next visit to the hotel.

However i would request you to treat this as an isolated event and not the usual practice of the hotel.

We look forward to having you again with us.

The Muse Sarovar Portico
New Delhi
+919910047683

Reviewed February 5, 2011

The appearance of the hotel is quite nice, but the staff in the Reception is not always helpful.
I had a very bad experience with another hotel in New Delhi before moving here. I've specifically asked for a warm room, but when I arrived to the hotel, they gave me a fridge room. I was with an Indian colleague that can confirm my saying as she was also shocked to discover that they didn't prepare the room before my coming. Btw, I was in New Delhi during the coldest 2 nights in the last 42 years... I've asked for changing the room, even to a smaller one, but to be warm inside. The reception guys refused us twice, until I've also discovered that the toilet was falling on me... This hotel has big ambitions, but if the owner doesn't change some of the Receptionists, he will suffer soon. The cleaning service was also not the best, at least for 2 days, but in the last day they made me a nice surprise and it seems that my problems were finally reported to the manager. However, I'm not going to recommend this hotel, as again I suffered for not being enough warm in the room (although they also brought a heater) and I didn't like the services in restaurant for breakfast. the fact that my towel was not changed although I left it on the floor, etc. Just a simple thought...maybe they should hire women for housekeeping...I've only seen men in this role...

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank CrisabRomania

Dear Mam,

I sincerely apologize to have not being able to meet up to your expectations.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

The Muse Sarovar Portico
New Delhi
+919910047683

Reviewed January 4, 2011

very convenient location . a comfortable hotel built on a small plot . staff was friendly . breakfast (the only service we availed) was enjoyable . intrnet service needs to improve and that holds good for most of the hotels as they tend to over- over charge for this (basic) service .

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank koolsanjay
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Stayed at this property for 1 night with business clients from abroad.
The hotel is coveniently located in south Delhi's business district .
the reception staff is quite Friendly and helpful and checked us in with minimum hassles.
The upholstery in the lift is peeling off ,which does not blend with the overall image of a sarovar group hotel , I had to call thrice to the house keeping to get a simple job done and the breakfast menu could do with some serious makeover .
i have been staying at Sarovar group properties across the country and must say that overall this hotel does not live upto the group standards.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business