“Fab India”
Review of The Estate Villa

The Estate Villa
Ranked #20 of 1,129 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2008

When we arrived at the Estate our bags were quickly gathered up by the staff and we were led to a penthouse room with its own private rooftop garden, an outdoor seating area with an overhead fan, a fabulous large bedroom (with a balcony) and an elegant bath. Since we had not yet checked in, my husband said, “They must have taken us to the wrong room”. After resting for awhile, we went down to arrange our dinner, and met our gracious hostess Mamta (aka Deepika) who explained that she likes to let her guests unwind before dealing with the mandatory paperwork, and yes we were in the right room. Our dinner was delicious and very generous, as was our breakfast. As we were travel in and out of Delhi, we stayed at the Estate two more times, each time in a different charming room. On our last night, we were treated to drinks in the Diwali decorated garden. We felt like the Estate truly was our residence in New Delhi, and we will highly recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Peggala

Reviewed November 14, 2008

I stayed at The Estate on my last night in India and wished I had found the Estate and Mamta earlier. I highly recommend this place. It is in a beautiful and peaceful setting, yet close to the airport and Mamta has brought her hospitality experience to all aspects of The Estate. Great meals, massages and personal advice and arrangements for anything or anywhere you might want to visit. I will definitely stay here when I visit Delhi again and am very glad to have discovered this gem.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank mart24
Reviewed November 13, 2008

We were in india for our honeymoon and spent the better part of three weeks on the back of a 500cc Royal Enfield Bullet. we had booked a stay with the Estate online for the last 2 days of our trip to recuperate from our bike ride. it was easy to book a room through email, mamta replied almost immediately everytime. we got to the Estate from Shimla by train and realized that we had to get a bag we had in downtown Delhi before the bike trip - they immediately got us a car and a wonderful driver to take us there! they prepared excellent breakfast for us - pancakes and coffee and aloo prathas hit the spot after an 8 hour train journey. mamta knew it was our anniversary - she was ever so sweet to have in store for us a chocolate cake for our honeymoon! we had an excellent romantic dinner on the rooftop terrace (thanks to mamta again) - candles and rose petals all over the garden. we also had a late night flight out from delhi - mamta actually allowed us to stay in their guest bedroom free of charge till our taxi driver came to get us. it was an amazing way to wrap up an amazing holiday. thanks to mamta for letting us into her home, her lovely daughter was so cute and her wonderful and humble staff who waited on us hand and foot will definitely make me go back to delhi and stay at the Estate. no where else for me!!

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank johnsharan
Reviewed October 20, 2008

This exquisite guesthouse provides an unmatched experience for travelers to India. It is located in a suburban enclave of mansions, where your every need is taken care of. It's like staying with family, if your family had beautiful taste and about a dozen servants, drivers, cooks, and gardeners, to attend to your every need.

Owner Mamta Sharma arranged massages and a cellphone for me, mailed postcards, tracked down and contacted an acquaintance I had met a dozen years ago at a conference in Prague, sent out my laundry, had the cook prepare my favorite dishes, found a dance performance, arranged city tours and a wonderful but inexpensive trip to Agra, took me to a crafts fair - it goes on and on. She sent me with a driver everywhere, and would not think of allowing me a moment of public transportation.

When you look at the bill, all these arrangements add up to a very budget-minded kind of luxury: perhaps $30 for the massage, very little for days of chauffeurs, wonderful dinners for $7, etc.The clothes they sent out to clean came back knife pleated and fragrant, for mere cents.

The Estate makes India travel the most effortless ever - in a place you'd expect some heat, dust, and hassle.

Mamta's television reporter husband Chetan, and her adorable daughter Shyla, are very much part of her enterprise at "The Estate." There is no other travel home-away-from-home like this that I have ever found. There are only 6 rooms - book way in advance. "The Estate" experience is going to get around...
Syd Golston, Scottsdale, Arizona

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank sydgolston
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Wow,

Stayed for 1 month, and found the staff and owners the Best! When I needed help with anything, they came thru for me. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Damian Scozzari

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2008

My husband and I were looking for a quiet, secluded get away for our anniversary and we found this place through tripadvisor. It was WONDERFUL! Mamta, her family and staff made sure we had the most pleasant, restful, romantic time. The setting was more romantic than even our wedding night or honeymoon -- with candles, roses and cake! Though we were in Delhi, the B&B is in a secluded location and the view from the room of tall green trees and a lush lawn -- made you feel you were in your own world. It was a perfect blend of privacy yet hospitality. Mamta was so helpful in helping us decide where to go for dinner or out and about in nearby Delhi. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linfam
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I strongly recommend this B and B. B&B is a new official concept in India, its is rated nb 2 in Delhi. Matma, the owner as well as her employees are very nice, large rooms, great breakfast, you can order a massage and a meal, everything in this relaxing place. Much much better than these (high end) hotels next to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo