“A place to avoid”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel Rak International
Ranked #555 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Vienna, Austria
“A place to avoid”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

this is really the worstt place in delhi, main bazar. its not cheap at all for what you get. usually i don't mind when the price fit. but the worst is how the owner himself treats the customers, who already stayed there. the only nice thing i can say about it, are the employees, who work there. great funny guys who try everthing to make you feel well in this dark hole.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank farang80
RAKNewDelhi, Manager at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest

I hope u remember the whole incident, you came at our place twice, and stayed for 14 days during ur first visit and I am sure you liked our place that's why u decided to come at our place for 2nd time and on ur second visit you've lost ur passport and you even also don't had any other identity proof with u so tell me how can we allow you to stay at our place,

Sir our hotel is govt. approved and we are answerable to govt of our each and every move and the thing that you wanted us(that is to allow you to stay at our place without having any identity proof) is absolutely illegal and we don't want us to involve in illegal work so if refusing you with this reason is rudeness than it's ok but we have to follow the rules and regulations prescribed by the Indian Govt.

Hotel RAK International

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

this is BY FAR the worst hotel i've ever been in. the sheet is dirty the room is dusty (i have to wear sandals in the room the whole time) the hall is sooo dark that it took me more than 15 minutes to lock the door (oh and they used some old lock so it makes it all the more difficult to use) the bathroom is dirty (the roof and wall has mold in it) toilet is also dirty and old. room is also overpriced (800 rupee per night????) and they charged us 600 rupee for pick up taxi??? wow. and we needed to go to bus terminal so they searched for a taxi for us and it cost us 300 rupee and when i gave them the money they did not give the correct change so i had to ask more money! wow!
on the second time of me coming to paharganj (about 12 days later) i looked for a hotel and i found one decent hotel called star paradise and it's ten times better than Rak International (international? lol) it only cost me 500 rupee!!!
im sorry but lonely planet guide is not trustable (or maybe not updated?). filthy hotel.sorry.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank restyyy

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 1, 2013

a price bit to high for the standards. Though it´s not so cheap in Delhi compared it to e.g. Kolkaata. Good place to stay in paharganj. nice memories from this place. no window, a bit dark inside but friendly stuff and very helpful. a

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jtravolta666
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hello

Thanks for appreciation and we'll also work on the points on which u are little disappointed, u'll definitely find a nice change on ur next visit.

Albany, California
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hotel Rak is a great option for budget travelers. It is clean, safe and very helpful personal. I have stayed here twice and both times had been really good. This will always be my sleeping home in Delhi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank YoGalina_U
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Hello

Thank you so much for appreciation, it really motivate us.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hotel RAK International is totally misleading with its name. It is clearly NOT International. I have been travelling S.E. Asia for 14 months and always stay in budget accommodation, but never have I stayed in such a dump! This place is way over priced at 650Rs per night, non a/c. I had to wear my shoes inside as the entire room has a constant coating of thick dust from the street. My feet were black just from walking around inside my room. The bathroom, as with the bedroom is dirty and neglected beyond anything I have experienced so far. This is the first negative review I’ve made in all this time so I do not write this lightly. I did ask for the hand basin to be scrubbed as it hadn’t been cleaned in a very long time – perhaps not at all with the amount of caked grime in the sink. The marble floors are filthy. I asked for the floor to be washed as well – also a first for me. The staff were very obliging and came as soon as they found some spare time. However, with a lack of cleaning supplies and probably a lack of cleaning knowledge, how on earth can the rooms be cleaned? Cold water just doesn’t do the trick, nor does using a toilet brush to clean the toilets then the floors. This is management’s responsibility and is no reflection on the staff. I see lots of cost cutting here.
The sheets were very clean, however the blanket which is meant to be used on top of me had crusty bits on it. I didn’t bother asking for a clean one and just put it to one side!! The blankets don’t get washed after every guest leaves, just the sheets. So..............that means that countless people sleep on top of or under the blanket – they aren’t washed!!!! My blanket proves it and so does witnessing the cleaning routine.
In one of the reviews, the manager defended a negative review stating that they take pride in their cleanliness. This is a gross exaggeration. The paint is peeling off in huge chunks on the walls, every surface is filthy, the walls are dirty and in desperate need of a touch up – it really is dirty!! I walked around today and looked at a few hotels in the same area, also very close (closer than RAK) to the New Delhi train station and what a pleasant surprise. I found a beautiful room for 500Rs at G.S. Guest House (+91 9811 293181) Main Bazar, Paharganj. They don’t have a web site so the only way to book is to call, however at this time of year you won’t have any problem securing a room. There are so many hotels in this area, and most are charging 350Rs up so shop around once you get here and enjoy the many wonderful facets of Paharganj.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Lyn,Australia
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello

Dear Guest first of all I am so sorry about the ur experience at RAK but the point(dirty feet and the marble) that u've raised in ur review I'd like here to defend my team, the property is little bit dirty because of the digging by Delhi Jal Board(GOVT SUBSIDIARY) absolutely in front of the hotel the progression work of Delhi Jal Board is held in the area and due to this the land is digged and the dirt, black mud came into the hotel and u also must had noticed that we had put so many foot mats in front of the main gate, stairs and every floor and our staffboys are also too so much concerned about the cleanliness of the hotel and now these days instead of cleaning the hotel twice a day they are cleaning it 4 or 5 times a day(which I think is very hard for person as it is very difficult to clean a very big building for 2 or 3 person in a day more than this) and we also not to force them to hold duster and a broom for 24 hrs to them they arr human.

And in concern of blankets sir we provide blankets wrapped in the sheets(doesn't matter how many blankets a guest can use) and these sheet are washed on daily bases so pls don't blame us for this after all u'e paid only around $10(very nominal) for the room and we are providing so much against this $10 and the suggestion that u mentioned in the review is not possible as the blankets are very expensive costs more than $75 and there dry cleaning also costs around $20 to $ 25 so if is not possible to dry clean them immediately for every guest that's why we wrapped them into neat and clean white sheets and than allot to the guest.

We are really concerned about the cleanliness of the hotel and u also must have noticed the painter who is painting the hotel during ur stay

I still really sorry about the bad experience and want u to give us another chance to serve u again.

Lima, Peru
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My partner and I visited RAK in 2011 and even though it's been some time since writing this review have to say, it was clean and affordable place. The rooftop restaurant did a good breakfast and even though it's not in the best part of town, this is Delhi and we were happy to be amidst the hustle and bustle!

Room Tip: Check the room for cleanliness especially in the toilet before deciding on staying in it