“great value for money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel Rak International
Ranked #551 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
London, England, United Kingdom
“great value for money”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here November 2011 initially for a couple of nights but needed up booking the hotel again for the end of our trip before we caught our flight back to england. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and the rooms did the job. The room was clean and big and for the price you pay, exactly what I expected.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica T
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thanks u so much for appreciation, this is really motivational.

(Owner)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kathmandu
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My friend and i stayed at the Hotel Rak International in Paharganj for 2 nights in a double room costing INR 650 per night. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by two members of staff at the reception who explained the tariff. They didn't seem all that friendly and never smiled once and at times spoke to us without eye contact. After looking for so many hotels, we weren't too fussed about the staff being friendly or not and instead asked to see the room. The room was a decent size and was clean and comfortable looking. The toilet was a little below average, with the shower being a bucket of cold water but that never bothered us in the intense heat of Delhi. We decided to take the room and stay for 2 nights. One of the workers in the hotel who brought us our towels and toilet paper was Nepali and was very friendly and spoke to my friend who is also Nepali. He made my opinion of the hotel staff improve slightly. The nights sleep was really nice and comfortable. The weather was so hot outside and having the fan on all night directly above our bed was bliss and really relaxing. The hotel also offered wifi for INR 150 Per night but on the 2nd night the wifi stopped working and when we asked the staff at reception we were told " wifi not working " without eye contact again.... Anyways, the experience was average. The friendly Nepali man was really helpful and i spoke to him personally about his family and work. The rooms were clean and fresh and the beds were clean and comfortable. I would say, if you are looking for a safe bet hotel in the chaos of Paharganj and you don't get too much about the staff, then head to Hotel Rak International.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamie M
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thanks u so much for posting the review and I am so sorry about the manager's behavior but it is not his fault as he is new to the hotel so he was nervous during his start and just because the anxiety of handling the guests he was unable to maintain eye contact and smile on his face anyways he is trained now and his anxiety, nervousness and all complexes are gone.
And in concern of the quality of toilet we'll try to make it up to mark.

Once again thank u so much for posting ur valuable review, trust me it really motivates us.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was originally going to give this a 2 star review as it is a nothing too fancy hotel which I was expecting. The rooms though did not match the photos on the website. The reason I am dropping this to a 1 is the staff. After we had agreed on a price for a late check out, they then ganged up on me saying they never said that even though they had the receipt and wanted me to pay the full fare. It was an ugly encounter and left a bitter taste in my mouth. The staff also follow you around offering beer as if it was a hardcore narcotic, often waiting outside or knocking on my door. The location is good but there are hundreds of hotels within a few blocks of here. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
First of all thanks u so much for posting a review it really help us to improve, motivate us and encourage us for betterment and in concern of the photographs on website and the room that we gave u, sir we don't dealt about giving u a particular room our each and every room is different from each other(different n unique furniture, decors, theme etc) so it is very difficult to guess the person's mind that what he really need and being a owner I am sure that our all rooms are good have nice furniture, nice decor, filled with amenities and if u need a particular room that u should atleast informed us once we'll definitely shift/allot u in that particular room so I don't think that this is a point to raise on the blog and in concern about paying rent of night sir just think logically if u r staying with us that of course u r liable to pay for the extra hours that u spend before check out time so yes u r liable to pay the rent of lats night too(as the check out time is 12 noon so the reservation for a day is counted from 12 noon to 12 noon of another day) and still if u felt any problem related with the staff that if u even informed this once to me during ur stay than I definitely solved this issue any ways I am really sorry about the things and again so sorry about the selling of beer bottles by the staff even I am really thankful to u for mentioning this thin in the blog as we r very strict about alcoholic materials and it is restricted now I'll ask this to my staff and definitely take an action on this.
Once again I request u to pls forget the harsh feeling for us as we are also ery well known name of the area and u also know that all fingers of the hand are not equal similarly the hotel rooms are divided as per price so the difference in rooms is natural after all we are here to serve each and every type of person.

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Looking around for a hotel in Delhi we found rak international. The first room they offered they took 10 mins to "clean"
It stank of smoke, the sink was blocked up so the last persons phlegm and ash came back up, their wa dust everywhere, the blanket is NOT washed in between guests so use your own. We asked to be moved to another room, our new room had no windows and the toilet seat was broken and the guy said "I'm sure you'll be alright with that" cold showers dirty rooms rude staff.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Lugev
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
First of all thanks u so much for posting a review it really help us to improve, motivate us and encourage us for betterment and in concern of the cleaning of first room, I remember u, u visited us in very peak season and inspite of the fact that we don't have any rooms available(the category that u asked) we kept a room for u and just because of the hotel was full the cleanliness was little ignored but we gave u the clean and fresh room(though it took some time but still we gave u a clean room) and our hotel is absolutely smoke free zone u must have also noticed that at reception, in the corridors, at roof, hotel's restaurant and all common areas and can not bound any guest to smoke in his room and after hearing u about ur satisfaction level we offered u to change the room both me as well as manager asked u many time about the satisfaction from the second room but if u'll not tell us that u tell how can we guess ur mind that u r still disappoint with the room and is is very difficult to guess the person's mind that what he/she really needs and being a owner I am sure that our all rooms are good have nice furniture, nice decor, filled with amenities and if u need a particular room that u should atleast informed us once we'll definitely shift/allot u in that particular room so I don't think that this is a point to raise on the blog.

I request u to pls forget the harsh feeling for us and u also know that all fingers of the hand are not equal similarly the hotel rooms are divided as per price so the difference in rooms is natural after all we are here to serve each and every type of person.

I am so sorry on behalf of my whole team and ensure u that u'll never face this again(obviously if u'll visit us again)

Jodhpur, India
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was disappointed in my stay in this hotel. They said they would make a pick up from airport for me. I searched for them there. They were not there. I then made my way myself to hotel only to be confronted by staff...perhaps 4 or 5 men arguing with me that they had been at the airport. I had checked several times. This was not the case. They said I would have to pay. They then got the manager round to confront me again. I had to argue for a very long time not to pay for a pick up which had not occurred. On my last day in hotel I heard another couple with exactly the same complaint. A coincidence? I think not!

It seems to me that this might be a set up on their part to take advantage of travellers arriving late at night. What is even worse is that when I checked my email they had emailed me to cancel the original reservation with no reason so it was quite simply impossible for them to have arranged a pick up. This kind of deceit is, in my opinion, quite unacceptable and to try to intimidate me into paying for it was quite frankly appalling. The room was on the ground floor and smelled not great. I heard others in the hotel complaining that the wifi they paid for had never worked. I did not use it myself so cannot comment on this factor. All in all this was a very disappointing introduction to hotels in India. Thank goodness my subsequent hotels have been better otherwise I would not be impressed at all!

Room Tip: Wander around the area and find a hotel after seeing the room and agreeing the rate.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Angie M
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
First of all I am so sorry for the disappointment but mam trust me we were not lying we send the driver at Airport to receive u and we infact showed the parking and airport entry reciept to u during that argument still if u don't want to believe this than we can't do anything more than this to win ur trust but yes I'd like to say something about our genuineness is u can ask any body who provide pickup services from Indira Gandhi airport(Delhi) or the officials every car that enter into the premises have to pay the entry fee and obviously the parking fees as we'll reach always on time(before 15 minutes of the arrival of flight even after the fact that the guest will came out after an hour after fulfilling the formalities of immigration) so we'll have to pay for parking too, so we were not fake at that point and still even after seeing the concerned reciepts u have not paid to us and only paid for the room(as u stayed at our place for 2 nights) and we infact provide all the facilities to u in friendly manner.

And in concern of wifi it is an electronic medium and common on u can't prejudge about and wireless electronic medium if it was not working than we are always here to repair it and we infact return the amount that we have charged from our guests for the wifi even after the fact that they used it for half day, u r simply judging us on one side the another side of the coin was not in front of u.

And in concern of room pls I was sure that the room was very good otherwise u'll not stayed at RAK for 2 nights as it is a genuine fact no one wants to pay for the thing which is not worth and u paid us for the room for 2 nights so u must be satisfied with that that's why u have not moved and now come to the reality the hotel was full on that particular day and we were very attentive about the cleanliness, and our services so that no one can feel disappointed.

So pls rethink once about ur comment.

Delhi
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have been going to India for over 25 years. STaying in this area (Paharganj) is exceptionally practical cause everything is there within 100m , so to say, from toilet paper, Internet, camera repair, stationary, post office, everything... So to either stay just for a short period passing by or for a longer period, as it is always my case, Hotel Rak has become my choice since many years. It is located just outside of the main bazar, a few 20/30 m, so it is super convenient. The staff is really super soft and nice, which is absolutely not the case in other hotels. The room price is very competitive for what is offered, but you might need a few horrible experiences to discover this - you might be offered much chepoer prices and find out why within sometime... I have tried quite a few of the hotels in this area, and since 5 years I go everytime back to Rak. Actually they have 2 hotels one beside the other, so one always makes a good chance to find a free room at arrival. They are serious (honest), the location is perfect, the staff is excelent, so basically for the standards of the area it's the best hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank MayAnnaDelhi
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thanks u so much for ur precious review and the appreciation. We the whole RAK team thanks u from core of our heart for liking our place.

Baljeet (Neetu)
Owner
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights originally, after booking a 'deluxe' room. After checking in we were brought to a room with holes in the bed sheets, stains on the walls, dust everywhere. But hey this is India, and when we queried this they were adamant this was the best room available, so we sucked it up. After a couple of weeks we were due to fly out of India, and as it was a great location (near a metro stop etc) we decided to stay here again, this time we booked a standard room-which turned out to be much nicer than the original room. I think that they realise when you arrive in after a long flight and especially if you've never been to India before, they can basically give you any old room and maority of times get away with it because you're too tired to argue. This hotel got us to spend the extra 200 rupees per night for a 'deluxe' room which was actually worse than the normal standard room-decent location etc, just don't book the deluxe!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Shellers20
Thanks u so much for the blog trust me it really motivates us for further improvement and in concern of the first room allot u during ur first stay I am so sorry about that actually u'v arrived on the day when the hotel is full and we kept the room only for u that's why the manage has refused to allot u another room I am so sorry about the inconvenience but we r serious about our services and always try to give our best and on that day we 'r bounded by some situations that's why we dishearten u otherwise we are really try to feel immense pleasure to our guests and I hope u'v also fealt this by the way we treat our guest, our hospitality and our friendliness.

Anyways once again so sorry about the first stay and remember we'll not give u chance of any complaint on ur next visit.

regards