“Great place to stay in Delhi”
Review of Treebo Amber

Treebo Amber
Ranked #121 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We enjoyed being out of the center of the city. The hotel is very clean and modern with free wi-fi. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. The plus was the wait staff especially in the restaurant. The meals take a while but are worth it. We were very well taken care of in the hotel. The waiters made ecery attempt to accomodate us. We very highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jam6768_290
TheAmberHotel, Manager at Treebo Amber, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear jam6768_290,

We thank you for taking out time and sharing your experience, we feel proud that you had a good experience and at amber we always want to give our guests personalized warm and efficient service, their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed with my family at The Amber for 2 weeks. As the hotel is quite small it has a lovely homely feel. The staff were great, they were very welcoming, helpful and really looked after us. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfasts were really good too. We have stayed at The Amber a few times, I'm sure we will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank APthetraveller

Dear APthetraveller,

Thank you for choosing The Amber for your stay it was indeed a pleasure to welcome you again. We appreciate the kind words you have for the staff, at the amber we always want to give the guest the best of services and a memorable experience.

Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here with my children for one night at the end of a two week holiday in Rajasthan. We were all quite travel weary, and this was a perfect end to our trip. The Amber is very calm and peaceful, in a very quiet location, with wonderfully comfortable rooms, a very good restaurant, and delightful staff. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. We arrived off an overnight train from Udaipur and were immediately given access to our room, although I had not managed to call ahead to alert the hotel of our early arrival. When my small son fell asleep before dinner, we were provided with beautifully presented and delicious room service.

There are so many small and thoughtful details in the room, which made the stay very comfortable. There is also a nice roof terrace, although we didn't spend much time up there, it is nice to read and relax.

It was the nicest possible end to our trip - and I will certainly stay at the Amber again next time I visit Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TheAmberHotel, Owner at Treebo Amber, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Katherine,

We would like to thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. We are so happy that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel it was indeed a pleasure to have your family over at the hotel.
looking forward to see you again.

Have a great day..

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay here for a number of times. It was as good an experience every time, including very recently. Very clean and well maintained rooms, a homely atmosphere, cordial staff and very good room service food - everything as good as every other time in the past that i have stayed here. Breakfast may not be as good (and ready), especially if you plan to leave a bit early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TheAmberHotel, Owner at Treebo Amber, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Shirish,

We would like to thank you for choosing the amber hotel for your business purpose,
we have noted down your concern about breakfast and early check out and have reported the same to the staff. Thanks for your feedback.

We look forward to welcome you again

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at Amber in Oct 2013. Service was excellent. The front desk staff and the kitchen staff were both nice and caring. The rooms are well done. Bathroom is very nice. We loved the stay. Will go back there when we visit delhi again. Best value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Chelian P,

I would like to thank you for choosing the amber hotel for your stay. I thank you for your kind words about the staff. We always try to make sure that the guests have a great experience. Hope to you see you soon.

Have a great day

The Amber Team

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Choose this hotel based on the great reviews I read here on TA. All in all it was a good experience, thought I was expecting even better.

We arranged for an airport pickup with hotel because our flight arrived at 1:30am. Pickup was great and easy. Also arranged for a car for a day of sightseeing and that was a pretty good deal. We hired a car three or four other times while in India and it was cheapest at the Amber.

Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooftop terrace is there but nothing special. Their website claims they offer foreign exchange service, however the front desk could not even break a 500 rupee note into smaller bills. Also, as I was arranging a sightseeing trip with the front desk they insisted that Humayan's Tomb was closed on Monday. They even seemed a little annoyed when I mentioned I still wanted to go there. Turns out it was open. Can't expect them to know everything I guess.

Final verdict: This is a good hotel that I would recommend, but it's not great. If I make it back to Delhi I might look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian H
Mukesh S, General Manager at Treebo Amber, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing your time in completing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to know of your recent experience with the Amber New Delhi was very good.
We at the Amber, continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of services . We look forward to your continued patronage . I have carefully noted your comments regarding the front office staff information and regret that it did not meet your approval. Such comments really help us to improvise & train our staff well. I hope you keep this experience isolated and will not mar your decision to choose The Amber, New Delhi during your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again !

Kind regards,
Mukesh Sharma
General Manager- The Amber New Delhi

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have the pleasure of staying here in 2012. Unfortunately I only just got around to writing a review for it. I toured India for 3 weeks, staying in mainly 5* hotels and the Amber. During this visit I stayed in this hotel on three separate occasions in two different rooms. The rooms were nice, excellent waterfall shower. I preferred the first room I stayed in with window (I forget the number). On my third stay I was in an indoor room without window, although to the same standard and of comparable size, I found it a little claustrophobic without a window.

The service was equal, or above, any other place I visited on my trip. The staff were exceptionally friendly, and Kamal (the waiter in restaurant) was one of the courteous/helpful people I met on my trip around India. The food in the restaurant was decent and the selection varied (they offered a variety of cuisines when I was there, not limited to Indian cooking).

Location wise, I wouldn't say it was amazing but perfectly acceptable for travelling around the major tourist sites. My only suggestion would be to take the business card with the hotel's address just in case your driver doesn't know the place by name.

Compared to some of the larger luxury hotels in India/ New Delhi this won't have the same facilities- but don't let this put you off. It's a small boutique hotel, which offers an exceptionally good level service, and a very nice place to sleep and relax with a far smaller price tag.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Mukesh S, General Manager at Treebo Amber, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your very kind feedback on TripAdvisor. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, rooms,facilities,staff members and food in our Restaurant.We also feel proud that you did find the Amber with exceptionally good level services, and a very nice place to sleep and relax with a far smaller price tag.
We are committed to provide personalized, warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.We do hope you will stay for a longer period next time with us and enjoy our hospitality.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Kind regards,
Mukesh Sharma
General Manager -The Amber New Delhi.