Treebo Amber
$97
$137
$124
  • Breakfast included
ITC Maurya, New Delhi(New Delhi)
$176
$101
$91
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
$211
$178
Agoda.com
$169
$119
All reviewsresidential arealotus templerooftop gardenhot watersmall hotelroom servicerooms were very cleanstar hotelparathahotel staffpleasant stayspecial thanksbusiness hotelmetro stationsukhdevdriverindia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It is very hard to find a good value hotel in New Delhi. I have stayed here multiple times in the last two years. The Amber fills a niche, particularly for business travelers, but is good for tourists as well. The best features are: (1) Cost; (2) Location - very quiet residential area of South Delhi, ensuring a good sleep; (3) Comfortable and clean rooms with good internet at no extra cost; (4) Very good room service with tasty Indian food; (5) Pleasant and service oriented staff. The only change I would make would be a serious upgrade to the gym, which is very weak (especially the treadmill).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WWDC11
Reviewed September 13, 2012

good hotel, good rooms.
hotel staff, ok.
too far from local attractions.
very bad location.
food are good but breakfast need improvement, every day same breakfast.
it is totally unknown to rickshaw and taxi drivers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nassha
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Their slogan is "affordable luxury" and I would tend to agree. It was more expensive then our budget during the trip, but after 2 months of guest houses we decided to treat ourselves for our last night in India.

The service was superb, rooms spacious and well appointed. The restaurant stayed open to accommodate our late arrival and the included breakfast was excellent.

On check out I was held up dropping back a rental vehicle (yes we drove in India. Not for the faint of heart) and without question my wife was given a late check out, without charge. For a transit hotel I think they are doing an excellent job and would stay again.

Wonderful

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in Amber for four days in August 2012. Although the hotel is little out of the way, the amenities were excellent and we couldn't thank enough for the efforts of the staff at the front desk and the breakfast crew - Sanjay and Dharmendar - to make our trip as pleasant as possible.

Our kids loved it with excellent breakfast choices and comfy rooms. They even went out of the way and packed us fresh sandwiches when we went on a train journey to Haridwar from Delhi.

Room Tip: All rooms are identical but if you prefer away from the road you can choose 3-6 on each floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Upender S
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at the Amber for one night in August 2012. I was leaving the next day and decided to have a luxurious last night in India. And did I ever - the Amber is an amazing choice - and affordable! - for a luxurious and beautiful hotel. It is a little bit difficult to find, as it is in a residential area - but once you find it, you may never want to leave.

Every staff member was helpful, accommodating and friendly. Special mention to Abhilash at the front desk and Mukesh, the GM, for going above and beyond to make sure each of my needs and questions were taken care of! I am sure I made both of them crazy with my questions, but they were patient and kind and took very good care of me, going so far as to drive me to an ATM and also drive me around to find an available autorickshaw!

The room is absolutely amazing and spotlessly clean. The bed is extremely comfortable and the decor is lovely. The bathroom is modern and spacious and there is free Wifi and a flatscreen TV, as well as laundry service and available spa services (which I didn't use, but nice to have) and 24 hours room service (which was wonderful!)

It rained while I was there, so I didn't get to see the rooftop in all its glory, but I did go up and the view is magnificent, with the Lotus Temple visible at all hours of the day. It is a small rooftop but a great place to relax. The free breakfast was delicious, with omelettes and paranthas made to order, and attentive service.

If you decide to treat yourself to a night of luxury, or if you have the means to stay here for your whole trip, you must stay at the Amber. You will not be disappointed and you may not want to leave!

Thank you Abhilash, Mukesh and everyone at the Amber!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo