“safe and a beautiful place”
Review of Inn at Delhi

Inn at Delhi
Ranked #213 of 1,129 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2013

i would really like to share my experience specially for single women travelers, who really find themselves in a confused state of mind when it comes to accommodation. well, ladies, this inn, is the ultimate stay for single women.the feel itself makes you feel at home. the staff comprises of only women, which makes it even easier. even the locality is very safe and well suited for people like us. i felt very welcomed and always attended to. the owner also, spent lot of time, helping me chart my travel plans, and make the most of my time in the capital. they were very open to suggestions, and tailor make the stay for every guest. during my stay there were other 5 guests also, from different parts of the world, and we bonded really well, and all had a similar experience. i also was blessed to have authentic Indian food, not influenced by any foreign taste and flavor, which is commonly seen in big five star hotels. surely dropping again with more girl pals!

Room Tip: The elephant garden room facing the fountains and the colorful marble elephants was my favorite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank liya j

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked this place on my friends recomendation, pleasantly surprised to find this an excellent place. Next to the airport and very near to the Mexican embassy, where we had some business, this place was perfectly suited for us. Breakfast was nice, with 'Masala Chai' - Indian version of tea with spices.

The owner gave us directions to the nearby restaurants & helped book taxis and organized our further trips.

We were quite happy with the services provided.

And yes, we would definately go again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a very rare and nicely decorated, small yet comfortable property. It fitted in nicely with my liking for old world charm and decorations. the overall look is very unique and rare for a city center house in the middle of modern construction.

The staff is good and always around. my requests were handled very well. When my airport drop off taxi cab failed to turn up at 4 am in the morning for my flight to bagdogra, the gentleman on duty at night dropped me to the nearest taxi stand which was very convenient.

The breakfast was filling and plenty. The elephant claddings on the wall and the flower floor design is also worth mentioning. You must stay here if you like stone murals and old world chandeliers etc. The only negative point is that since it is in a residential area sometimes it could be too quite. I highly recommend this place for safety and comfort.

Room Tip: i stayed in the eye room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Not the easiest to find, especially in the night, but the proximity to the airport and the American Embassy is quite useful, especially for those visiting Delhi for the latter. The rooms are plush and very well maintained and the host is super courteous and quite a pleasure to deal with. Even when we arrived rather late in the night he was helpful in speaking to the taxi driver to give directions and have all the arrangements in the inn setup. The Mughal style decor is pleasing. He had promised to arrange for a cab for a trip that we planned to Bharatpur and due to last minute issues with the cab, that didn't work out. Instead he went way out of his way to arrange an alternate transport instantly and it was a spanking new Scorpio with a cordial driver! This worked out perfect for us.

My only concern was the rather steep charge for the airport drop (Rs 750), which I suppose is what all hotels charge irrespective of the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I loved my stay at inn at delhi! one of the best bed & breakfast in a City that i have been! The house is beautifully decorated in an rajasthani style, there are flowers at the entrance, it's very peaceful and in a quiet and nice staff. The staff is highly friendly and super gentle. nice place to stay and very safe place for woman.

Room Tip: nice and safe trip
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

this has been a great start to my trip to delhi! the place looks very traditional and tastefully done. the staff here are very friendly and helpful. it is a very calm and peaceful property. at the rate that i have paid, the services and ambiance is extraordinary! hope to get here again.

Room Tip: the flower rooms is the most striking. i simply loved the floor design. very different.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sophierice
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We are now finishing off our golden triangle trip seeing fatehpur sikri in the next few minutes. The visit to The Taj was brerathtaking. All the places i saw and hotels i visited were good notable amongst them was The Inn at Delhi. I immediately connected with the heritage look and the pleasing disposition of the staff. Everything was in functional order and i felt quite comfortable. I plan coming back next summer to go to Ladakh and make The charming Inn my base. Cheers Kamna, Sheila and Chhotu. Thanks for everything. See you in the summer. Alan & Linda

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple