“nice one, decent cozy hotel”

Hotel Raunak International
Ranked #612 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Panipat, India
“nice one, decent cozy hotel”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

m from panipat i came to delhi and stayed at raunaq international.......services were good.....awesome in hospitality.......very close to the metro station....must visit for budget travellers.......!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank pretty3214

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed May 13, 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! I stayed here with my best friend. When we booked the hotel it included a deluxe pick up from the airport (deluxe-what a joke!!). We phoned and e-mailed them in advance to tell them when we would be landing. But there was no-one at the airport for us when we arrived. They kept telling us to pay for a cab. After a huge row with the reception staff and 9 very expensive phone calls from our mobile, they reluctantly sent someone to pick us up, but we had to wait an hour and a half! When we arrived, our hotel room had no window. There was also no sprinkler system and from what we could see no fire escape. We went straight to or room when we arrived to catch up on some sleep, only to be woken up by one of the porters entering our room (the door was locked but not bolted) and I wasn’t dressed! We made sure to bolt the door after that and we locked everything in our cases every time we went out.
The air con didn’t actually start working properly until 2 days before we left, by which time the staff had taken the remote for it and it was stuck on 16 degrees so the room went from stuffy and unpleasantly warm to freezing cold!
On 2 different occasions we found cat poo on the stairway, which stayed there for at least a day before being cleaned up.
In our bathroom they didn’t replace the toilet paper when it ran out and took 2 of the bars of soap we had been using. When we showered we ended up with a sea of dead bugs floating around the bathroom as the shower was a wet room. Our bathroom smelt of faeces and by the end of the week was so bad it made you heave. Within our bathroom were 2 small doors set within the back wall, one of which the cleaner left open the day before we left. Upon looking inside we saw a cess pit, which was full! The sheets were grey and had marks on them as did the pillows, on more than one occasion we found dead bugs in the bed. We refused to use their towels as they were grey and stiff, but luckily we had brought our own so used them. Hooray for my flip flops as I refused to put my bare feet on any part of their floor, especially the bathroom!
The breakfast was disgusting. We had to ask for hot water to make tea every day, and then they only put a tiny flask of water out. Breakfast every day consisted of some kind of eggs, something curried, cornflakes (we daren’t touch the milk), and bread with jam (which tasted like Benylin cough mixture-I kid you not!), plus the breakfast room was on the 4th floor randomly. To summarise:- DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank SuzieH2

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Overall was an above average staying experience. Breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary. Was expecting more during breakfast. Room was ok, just needed the bed and the shower to get the day going. Some rooms doesn't even have its own windows. Electricity problem was a terrible mess! On and off for several times.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I like the hotel very much... like the services & Food.....Im tour organiser...I came regularly in this hotel....i dont have any complaints & any Issues with Raunak...

Room Tip: You can book this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This hotel has none of the amenities it advertises. When I say none, I mean none. First thing I noticed is that my room had no window and requested a room with a window for which the manager asked another 10 000 rupees. This was the total price of my room (and I insist I booked Executive - more expensive), so I dealt it down to 5000, which came to a 1000 rupees a day, just so I could have a window.

My upgrade was dirty and covered with mold, body hair and for example, the fridge was unplugged and to plug it, the bellboy moved the sofa and left it in the middle of the room... the fan was almost going to come off the ceiling (I had to wear my Bose noise cutting headphones to get 2 hours of sleep at this hotel) complete chaos, no hot water of course: actually you have to call 10min in advance to 'order' hot water... there were no towels and no toilet paper either. Random guys were walking in and out of my room while I was undressing which totally freaked me out. I had paid for 5 days but checked out after two and the hotel charged me an additional 3000 rupees because they had given me an upgrade and I had to give them cash because they didn't want to accept a credit card. For the rest of my stay I booked the Lalit for 250$ a night because I was literally traumatized by the Raunak.

Room Tip: in India, only stay in 5 star hotels
  • Stayed March 2011
3 Thank mayakitto
Perth
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We booked for 5 nights to finish an already fabulous 12 day trip of Northern India, but what a disappointment, we stayed 3 nights and then moved to another Hotel. The rooms are filthy and after complaining to the Manager about the conditions he handed us fresh sheets and towels as no-one came to clean the room in the 3 days we were there. We asked to move rooms which didn't help as it was just as filthy the breakfast area was littered with food on tables from previous diners and you had to clear the mess away before eating anything but seeing the disgusting condition of the dining room we chose not to eat as the kitchen conditions would have been questionable. This Hotel had no exterior windows for fresh air or indeed a fire escape and no sprinkler system. We have travelled throughout India on previous ocassions and this was by far the worst Hotel imaginable. Of course the management refused to refund our pre-paid nights and the internet company we booked through are trying hard on our behalf but the Raunak staff insist we stayed the full 5 nights - would you expect anything different!!

Room Tip: There are no views as there are no windows
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Patch82
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Loved Raunak Internation..its a great hotel in Karol Bagh or i may say the best is Karol bagh...room were super clean and the management was great....staff was really helpful..i book a taxi by my self and it never turned up but i had didnt had to worry, the hotel got me one in 5 min..had great time there and would tell every one i meet...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business